It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Evolved On Earth Then Why Does Our Sun Hurt Our Eyes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
you must not have melanin. original man and women are melanated people suited for the sun. white skin is a mutation due to environments where the sun did not penetrate as intense. hence cave men. neanderthals. melanated people are not cave people
edit on 09pm119America/Chicago3010k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: jidnum

Ever see a dog walking around squinting because the sun is too bright? Or a flock of squinting birds?
Perhaps...dare I say it...could we have descended from aliens... from another planet where we would have been more suited to the sun?

Yes I have actually seen animals squint because of the bright sun.
Really? Because every dog I've ever seen will look right up at you, wide eyed, in the bright, mid day sun. I've never seen a flock of black birds standing out in my yard in the bright sun squinting. Squirrels running across the wires out front a always with bright, shiny eyes.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't invalidate what I seen nor does it mean animals don't squint. Look it up on youtube if you must. There is countless videos of dogs squinting while at the pool because the sun is so bright, same with cats and other animals.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
Life first evolved in an environment that would kill everything on earth today. The conditions on this planet have fluctuated enormously over the 4.5 billion years it’s been in existence.

So true.

We do have to adapt or die like all the species on Earth. Cave dwelling being in our past surely added an adaptation to dim light I would guess. Certain people need less Sunshine than others to make Vitamin D naturally.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
you must not have melanin. original man and women are melanated people suited for the sun. white skin is a mutation due to environments where the sun did not penetrate as intense. hence cave men. neanderthals. melanated people are not cave people
It seems that lack of melanin is an unfortunate aspect of my alien ancestry.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik

Ive seen black people squint.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I have an answer. May not apply to you... alien weirdo. Go home! Dont take my jerb!

I am a predator. I need my night vision. Bright lights like the sun make me squint. I also have a bit of melanin. I am not an alien. I also didnt evolve from anything, but if I did it sure as hell wasnt a monkey or fish or frog.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

eyes have evolved from " light sensitive " cells

so it makes perfect sense that intense light hurts your eyes

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Evolution does not mean perfection.
It means survival long enough to reproduce. No more. No less.

On the other hand, did God screw up?

Oh you mean like getting it all wrong and having to flood earth to start over , do you mean that epic fail ?

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well if your eyes could look straight at the sun good luck seeing when it's not there. Also we did adapt a way, it's called a welding mask, try it.a reply to: MissSmartypants

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Why can we not drink salt water? 2/3 of the earth is covered in it. We should have evolved or adapted to it by now.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I would be disappointed in myself too.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

I have an answer. May not apply to you... alien weirdo. Go home! Dont take my jerb!

I am a predator. I need my night vision. Bright lights like the sun make me squint. I also have a bit of melanin. I am not an alien. I also didnt evolve from anything, but if I did it sure as hell wasnt a monkey or fish or frog.

Well maybe given enough time, someday you will evolve. And even if you don't, I'm sure you're fine just the way you are.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why can we not drink salt water? 2/3 of the earth is covered in it. We should have evolved or adapted to it by now.
If I were a fish I would be drinking salt water...because I would have evolved in a salt water environment.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

LOL...So perfect, in fact, that he opted to disobey "God" and then blamed his wife.

Free will...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

LOL...So perfect, in fact, that he opted to disobey "God" and then blamed his wife.

Free will...

The fatal flaw of God's imperfect creation.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The fatal flaw of God's imperfect creation.

Only an authoritarian left-winger would make such a claim... After all, your kind LOVE to dictate how people should live, what people should or shouldn't eat, etc...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think the answer is... that's just the way it is.

The sun is the great dragon. It has the power to animate the beast. It gives life and takes it away. It is the fire-breathing dragon of old stories. When the guy quests up the mountain to slay the dragon the guy is rewarded by the girl who gives birth to a new version of the guy. The endless circle...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Because we were intelligent enough to make sunglasses, thus our eyes never evolved fully. Or because Jesus didn't think we would be stupid enough to stare right at it.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Schmoe11

Look at neanderthal, and their heavy shelf of brow, they walked around with mini sun visors.

Perhaps when we started building dwellings we didn't need the brow anymore, since we shunned the sun.

Neanderthal’s supraorbital ridge didn’t offer them any protection from sunlight like a visor would though. Not only that but they had much better and more sensitive vision than that of Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

You’ve also got to keep in mind that Europe/Western Asia’s environment from 400-500 Ka util roughly 50 Ka was much different. Between the weather itself and the dimmer light
conditions of the Northern hemisphere compared to a S.Africa snd E. Africa, Neanderthal had a significantly larger visual cortex.

If you’re aware of the supraorbital brow ridge, then perhaps you’re also aware of their occipital bun? The larger rounded area at the back of the cranium? We’ve been able to model what their brains looked like and have a good clue now as to what their actual brain structure was and how it was organized. This is how we know that their brains were organized in a way that allowed them to see better in the more dim light conditions of the northern hemisphere.

I think it also Important to note that structures and dwellings can be traced back 100’s of thousands of years prior To Neanderthal and Denisovans diverging from H. Heidelbergensis. So the brow ridge wasn’t anatural visor and living in dwellings had no effect in that regard either.

Looking into it, nobody seems to know precisely what the brow was for, but there are a few theories, including the sun visor. One scientist even walked around for 6 months with a large shelf of brow to try and discover it's purpose.

Perhaps it served many purposes, such as protection of the eyes, intimidation of rivals, attractiveness to the opposite sex, etc.

In the grand scheme of evolution, 160,000 years isn't a very long period of time, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If Sol is the sun that humans evolved beneath...then why aren't our bodies suited for it? Why do we squint from the light from our own sun. And why does mere exposure to our sun burn our skin and cause deadly mutations in the form of cancer. How does that even make sense...to have evolved so that our environment is toxic to us?

Are you mentally challenged??

If we grew up on earth how come falls from a cliff kill us!?!?!?!?! How come fire kills us??? Why does not breathing oxygen kill us!?!?!?!?!!? REEEEEEE

Seriously this was so stupid you should be sent back to high school.

What's worse is some morons seem to agree with you/ gave you stars.

Jesus wept.
edit on 16-9-2019 by RedEyes619 because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join