It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Evolved On Earth Then Why Does Our Sun Hurt Our Eyes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: MykeNukem

There is no law of biogenesis lol...I am basically positive that either you just created that yourself or you got it from some evangelical spouting nonsense..

Science has no law of biogenesis..

The fact that science doesn’t YET know how the first spec of life formed doesn’t mean god did it..

Every step of the way through humanities advancement the religious have pretended god did whatever we couldn’t explain..

“Why does the sun rise?” God does it... well no the earth revolves around the sun..

“Where do babies come from?” God puts them in your belly!! , nope again that turned out to be sperm and egg cells.”

That literally has its own logical fallacy... likely with its own little Latin name.

So you have faith in something that goes against ALL Scientific data on the matter?

Interesting.

Life has NEVER been observed or shown experimentally to come from Non-Life (Unless you want to redefine what life is).

I haven't mentioned God once. God is non-falsifiable.

I'm speaking about Science..lets stick with that...

Read This

What if we're in a simulation and what we call "Life" doesn't even exist?

ETA: Maybe you could start a thread showing proof that Life can come from Non-Life, since this is Off Topic.

edit on 9/14/2019 by MykeNukem because: added linky

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: gortex

The sea doesn't kill people...

Yes it does. Nothing worse than tsunamis.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

It cannot go against all scientific , when there is almost no scientific data on the issue..

Like 4 people at the highest levels are seriously attempting to puzzle out abiogenesis.. all the rest are engineering your smart phone and cern and such..

Christianity is literally the only place on earth where ANYONE thinks everything unexplainable goes back to the Christian god..

Scientists just think they haven’t figured it out yet.. and so far they have not been wrong..

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: gortex

Their own damned fault. Unless you think the sea has an agenda.

The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
the same reason that we don,t breathe in under water or poke our selves in the eye with a stick there are many things that can harm us in this world but we have evolved enough to know not to do these things , mountains are part of our world but we know that we can not jump off them without getting hurt or dead .

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Raggedyman

So god murdered every man, woman and child in the planet save one family..

Who then committed incest REPEATEDLY to spawn mankind!

Only to spend thousands of years sentencing every human to an eternity of torture and torment for the sins of their fore fathers..

Then he had his own son tortured to death , to save humanity from himself, because he was The person torturing everyone for all eternity , there was no 3rd party that he is protecting us from..

Now that is a god I can get behind!!

Lol

Is a criminal on death row who is executed considered murdered ?
Maybe in your world but I think a death sentence can be appropriate, I don’t think it’s murder either but to some people like i can only assume you are, yes, death sentences are murder, subjective I guess
I am watching band of brothers at the moment, just a bunch of murderers by your logic
Ponder the stupidity LOL

Eternal torture, do you believe that?
Do I
Can you show me where there is eternal torture, please
You are not a Christian but preaching your version of Christianity
Stupid not? LOL

And His Son, really?
You have zero comprehension on anything you claim knowledge over in relation to Christianity and then that comment
Justice buddy, either it’s coming or it’s not

I bet you hope you will escape justice, good luck with that
edit on 14-9-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Just Johnny, damn does that suit you

Someone asked a question and you can’t answer it so belittle them
Science, you wouldn’t know or understand science even if you fell into a big boiling hot vat of science
Your comments have made science a religion
Your kind of person is completely pig ignorant of science
You are an atheist fundie, no better than a religious fundie.

Why not answer the question with science than calling people names

I know why, you don’t know an answer because you just have a belief you are right and don’t question your beliefs

Do you now see how dumb that is?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its all about balance. We're continuously evolving as it is, meaning we're nowhere near perfect for all situations yet. Probably never will be. If our eyes could handle the extreme light of the sun, we wouldnt be able to handle the low light conditions of night. Especially in a time before there were artifical lights creating the light pollution most of us see. That would mean nocturnal predators would kill off those of us with that trait. I would also imagine our color spectrum would be a bit different to compensate for the brightness. Which would mean predators with natural camouflage such as lions and tigers would have killed those ones off.

About it burning our skin, if our skin was able to handle it, i would imagine we would do very poorly in winter/low temperature climates and die off as well. We also had much more hair back then as a protective layer against the suns rays, so our skin didnt have much of a need to evolve against it.

Pretty much how evolution works. The most balanced in the species typically survives. If you excel in one area of a trait, you typically suck at the other end of the spectrum.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
If Sol is the sun that humans evolved beneath...then why aren't our bodies suited for it? Why do we squint from the light from our own sun. And why does mere exposure to our sun burn our skin and cause deadly mutations in the form of cancer. How does that even make sense...to have evolved so that our environment is toxic to us?

Because our eyes evolved to give us good vision in moderate conditions, such as looking at the horizon. If our eyes were adapted to look straight at the sun then our vision in moderate conditions would be compromised.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: MissSmartypants

theres literally millions of things that can kill us on this planet... including things in our own bodies

the sun is actually the least of our problems...

our bodies are very suited to it, we get Vit D from the sun... our eyes can block a certain amount of incoming light from it...

but its probably not a great idea to camp out in the dead of the heat... or stare directly at the sun

I mean its a gigantic flaming ball of hydrogen...

WE evolved in a toxic environment which made us stronger... but what the alternative?

the bible?

The Properties of the Sun generate a choice for evolving things? The sun is both good and bad. Water is both good and bad. We can’t live without them, yet we have to choose to live with them. Why do we still choose to sit in the sun and bake our skin? Free will?

Fire is good when it is in a fire place. Water is no longer reckless when it is in a reservoir.
Yet smoke form that fire can make you sick. Stagnating water can make you sick.

There seems to be this continuous effort of choice that we can’t avoid. Good and bad are redefined as we learn.
A vent for the smoke is good, a filter for the reservoir is good. There is this perpetual sense of overcoming, Nothing is good enough.

If we have been in contact and familiarized with the sun and water for billions of years why have we not learned. The properties of the sun and water have not changed, so with billions of years to relate to these two sources of power, why are we still trying to overcome them today.

Heat Stroke

It results in more than 600 deaths a year in the United States.[4] Rates have increased between 1995 and 2015.[3] The risk of death is less than 5% in those with exercise-induced heat stroke and as high as 65% in those with non-exercise induced cases.[3]

Drowning

Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury death worldwide, accounting for 7% of all injury-related deaths.

There are an estimated 360 000 annual drowning deaths worldwide.

Global estimates may significantly underestimate the actual public health problem related to drowning.

Children, males and individuals with increased access to water are most at risk of drowning.

Coexisting with the Sun, Water and Earth are still struggles for us after all these billion of years in relationship.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What?
This is like saying that If we evolved from fish, then why can't we breathe underwater?

If the sun was perhaps brighter in the sky maybe our eyes would be stronger but the point is, don't look at the sun.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Maybe it’s the reason we have eyelids.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ever see a dog walking around squinting because the sun is too bright? Or a flock of squinting birds?
Perhaps...dare I say it...could we have descended from aliens... from another planet where we would have been more suited to the sun?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We might end up with three eyelids one day like camels have to protect their eyes from the sand.

Now that is evolution...

The ladies would love that...

Lags

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
for the same reason we can't breathe underwater.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Then again, the sun also kills many fungi, infections and parasites of the skin.

I don't know about all armies, but where there is no water you're actually instructed to take your clothes off for 15 minutes a day in a survival situation.
A literal sun-bath.

For guys with Candida under their arms I think field-trips like this did them a massive favor, because the sunlight completely killed that fungus - much quicker and better than any pill or ointment.

And then in Nordic countries a lack of sunlight causes seasonal depression and even suicides.

Perhaps it's a Goldilocks situation - the amount must be just right.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: JustJohnny

Just Johnny, damn does that suit you

Someone asked a question and you can’t answer it so belittle them
Science, you wouldn’t know or understand science even if you fell into a big boiling hot vat of science
Your comments have made science a religion
Your kind of person is completely pig ignorant of science
You are an atheist fundie, no better than a religious fundie.

Why not answer the question with science than calling people names

I know why, you don’t know an answer because you just have a belief you are right and don’t question your beliefs

Do you now see how dumb that is?
Perhaps JustJohnny is one of the unsouled...and simply cannot know what he cannot know.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's rude for fishes.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
for the same reason we can't breathe underwater.

That's rude for whales and dolphins.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Do we breath underwater?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join