It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another major city, descending into the dumpster.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: MisterSpock

Cant waste my time with the common poster here anymore because theres very little objective, critical or analytical thinking of any kind going on here.

I think it's so cute that you think you're smart.

Maybe you and Enlightened can hook up and save the world's problems.

Oh wait... neither of you have any actual answers for the problems, just snark and bitterness.

Kinda funny how that works...

Maybe the problem is we live IN THE MUD PIT now!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I saw a similar event on the news in New York City. Like 6 kids (looks like late teens, early 20's) including 2 girls attacked some guy sleeping by his bicycle and robbed him and his bike. I'm wondering if this is a generational thing/culture.

Also on Youtube gaining popularity is people watching fights and attacks on people. I partly blame some of the entertainment of today and the views they propagate.

Another problem is many parents are working too many hours with both parents working, just to make ends meet. You also see crazy stuff like I see parents pushing babies in carriages in the park, and they are needing attention while they walk ignoring them and staring at their phones. I view those parents like kids also. These developments can't be too healthy for the psyche of the current and future youth.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm not so sure, in the past what you say there certainly applies, the world we live in now is a different beast though. With production and distribution centralised the way it is smaller towns will fail along with the cities.

Dense urban areas economic output is essential for globalism.

Rural output is more locally dependent.

That's really not debatable. And for clarification I'm talking about basic survival needs, not economic output.

If a collapse comes, only a fool would argue it to be advantageous to be in a dense urban area that would be cut off from essential supplies, supplies that are largely dependent on largely national/international(and somewhat rural) distribution networks.

Well I do agree with you there, I guess in the event of collapse then you country folk better have a lot of amunition, because those millions of people in those cities won't go hungry quietly and will search outward for sustainance.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Cant waste my time with the common poster here anymore because theres very little objective, critical or analytical thinking of any kind going on here.

I think it's so cute that you think you're smart.

Maybe you and Enlightened can hook up and save the world's problems.

Oh wait... neither of you have any actual answers for the problems, just snark and bitterness.

Kinda funny how that works...

Maybe the problem is we live IN THE MUD PIT now!

No it's just some people can't have a conversation without being snarky, my guess is that when a person is in a permanant state of unhappy you project that onto others.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Guns or butter? Maybe it's time we stop spending a trillion dollars per year on the military and start rebuilding our cities! After all, just what exactly is the military protecting at this point? The right for people to live in poverty? What good is freedom if we are all economic slaves never making enough money to get out of debt.

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes its laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

Laws are meaningless. Whoever gets elected in meaningless. The Federal Reserve is all that is real.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Guns or butter? Maybe it's time we stop spending a trillion dollars per year on the military and start rebuilding our cities! After all, just what exactly is the military protecting at this point? The right for people to live in poverty? What good is freedom if we are all economic slaves never making enough money to get out of debt.

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes its laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

Laws are meaningless. Whoever gets elected in meaningless. The Federal Reserve is all that is real.

It's amazing isn't it that with all the knowledge available the people still get blamed for their misgivings, the ruling class get a free pass even though they are responsible for this state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Perhaps the people have caught on, Police only shoot to kill, white blonde Australian women in Minneapolis.

Of course, they could employ more Somalians as police there.....that works well for the community.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: toysforadults

Again, poor people make poor choices.

Not all the time; e.g., medical bankruptcies and disabilities that preclude employment.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

Not all the time; e.g., medical bankruptcies and disabilities that preclude employment.

One has to experience this first hand to understand it.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: drussell41

One has to experience this first hand to understand it.

I guess it probably is hard to believe until you or someone close to you experiences it first hand. It's real.

edit on 12-9-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
We are a cutthroat society where most people will do what ever it takes to get ahead. Everyone is out for themselves. People in mass are coming unglued. If only we spent as much on making our country better instead of war we'd be a lot better off. Kids in Detroit don't even have heat in some of their schools. Yet other schools have tennis clubs. Some kids have to worry about where their next meal is going to come from. Instead of trying to find the root cause and fix what is wrong with the country we have a prison system built for profit. Corruption and greed have taken over in this country.
edit on 12-9-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The neglect of a city and the rise of people without a job and homeless people is a sign of utter corruption in federal government that trickels down to state and at the end city government. Our leaders (most, not all of them) care about their bankaccount first and then....a long time nothing...and then the citizens.

Watching the USA from the shores of europe I see the world go down. And yes...this after the flood mentality is also happening in europe. Maybe we are (still) blessed that countries in europe are still independent to a certain degree and not completely governed by one overseeing parlement.

edit on 12/9/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

It's real alright, as we can see from some of the comments on this site though, personal experience is subjective a nd those that haven't lived it are happy tell others they need to try harder.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
We are a cutthroat society where most people will do what ever it takes to get ahead. Everyone is out for themselves. People in mass are coming unglued. If only we spent as much on making our country better instead of war we'd be a lot better off. Kids in Detroit don't even have heat in some of their schools. Yet other schools have tennis clubs. Some kids have to worry about where their next meal is going to come from. Instead of trying to find the root cause and fix what is wrong with the country we have a prison system built for profit. Corruption and greed have taken over in this country.

If only more people in the U.S. had the foresight to see it how it really is what you say here wouldn't be an issue.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

All of these issues have been empirically proven to be related to poverty

Shrug

But let me guess is a Democrat city right?

Most of you dont even have 2 brain cells left to rub together. You are so easily hypnotized and brainwashed.. I wrote a python script and I feel like I'm having a conversation with the majority of you reading this post

Not a very smart bunch left here anymore. Cant think for yourself. Not very intelligent. Can no longer think past the hegalian dialectic

The suns power is dimming and so is your mind.

Yea well I just wrote three python scripts pleb

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: FyreByrd

And does your outrage motivate a solution that you can share?

A start would be acknowledgement and stop labeling those that point out the truth as if it's coming from some source of hate or intolerance.

If not intolerance or hate, what might be the source of this description?

devolve into animals.

How about reality?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
My impression of high tech, wealthy, progressive Seattle

My description of my recent trip to Seattle, a city overrun with high tech progressive liberals, with people who are extremely wealthy running the city.

How to help the situation?

Stop handcuffing the police to the point where they can not police.
Support the police instead of treating them like criminals.

Allow and support homeless shelters run by religious organizations.
my town has almost no homeless on the streets - we have one very large male homeless shelter run by churches; one new very large female homeless shelter run by churches; one large nursing home converted into a family homeless shelter that allows fathers to stay with the family and their children, again run by churches) If you hate/loathe Christianity, how about atheist, progressive liberal run homeless shelters?

Allow and support religious organizations feeding the homeless, instead of forbidding it for "health" reasons?

How about making it a crime to urinate and defecate on the streets and allow the police to enforce it?
How about making sleeping on the streets, etc. a crime and allow police to take the homeless to shelters?

How about supporting shelters that mandate drug and alcohol free to stay there as ours do?
How about supporting mandatory job training, or applying for jobs to stay at shelters as our do?
How about allowing people to remain in shelters until they have saved up enough money for a down payment on an apartment, as ours do?

How about making crime actually illegal again and supporting police in fighting crime, instead of punishing police for fighting crime if they arrest a protected class of people?

How about forcing people on probation and who have committed minor crimes to clean streets and highways of garbage for 8 hours once a week, as our town does?

There ARE solutions, but the progressive leftists find these solutions to be cruel and forbid them, resulting in cities that look like garbage dumps and third world countries.

edit on 9/12/19 by The2Billies because: formatting additions

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

As others earlier have pointed out. This appears to be directly correlated to the decline in and rejection of community held values. Also, the rejection of Judeo-Christian values, to include the 10 commandments.

Let me illustrate: The old rejected Judeo-Christian value system that used to be traditional values held by the majority of US citizens to create a cohesive community, even if one was an atheist. Compared to current values:

The original value on the top: the new and improved current value system.

1. You shall have no other God before me.
You shall have no Judeo-Christian God as he is oppressive, sexist and represses LGBT. You shall honor all other Gods as sacred and equal.

2. You shall not worship graven images.
You shall honor all graven images of all religions as sacred and equal and worship them when in the presence of those who worship them out of cultural respect.

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
You shall take the Christian God’s name in vain (and only the Christian God’s name in vain) as often as you like and use as many ugly and offensive and sexually charged words as possible in all your television shows, music , and movies.

4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
There must be no special religious day or set aside day of rest for everyone, even the hard working poor, especially the hard working poor, as it interferes with shopping, eating out, and entertainment.

5. Honor your father and mother.
Condemn your father and mother for all the emotional baggage you carry in life.

6. You shall not kill.
You shall not kill - Except for the unborn fetus, even a 39 week old viable and healthy fetus within a healthy XX personage, which may be killed upon demand of the uterus owner.

7. You shall not commit adultery.
Every adult shall be free to gratify themselves sexually at any time with any consenting adult with no legal repercussions or moral judgement laid upon them.

8. You shall not steal.
You shall not steal, except, to take from those who have to give to those who have not. You shall only “give a fish” and not ask anyone to at least attempt to “fish” for themselves, for that is unkind, unfair and unjust, and they will forever be in your servitude and vote as you tell them to.

9. You shalt not lie.
What is a lie, what is the meaning of is? What is truth, it is relative, my truth is mine, your truth is yours, except my truth is better than yours and my truth is always and forever right. Even if my truth defies biology.

10. You shall not covet anyone’s wife or any of their goods.
It is ok to desire your neighbor’s wife because all sexual relations are value free. It is ok to desire and even demand your neighbor’s goods so that you have goods equal to those of your neighbor for that is social justice.

Even if you aren't Judeo-Christian and loathe/hate Christianity - do you really think the new 10 commandments are an improvement? Has it made society more cohesive, more respectful, more just?

edit on 9/12/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

There are jobs to be had.
That is not the reason.

A job is a real job if there is a paycheck at the end of the week.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: rickymouse

liked it better when Christianity was a major player in our society. I have never been a stout Christian but they did get something right, thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor, though shall not covet thy neighbors wife, though shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

That’s fine but the problem was they stole whole countries. Genocided whole races and became just another Roman Empire hiding behind FAKE moral platitudes that weren't really followed.

The Bible I've quoted numerous times here the hundreds of verses that condemned the rich and greedy and said feed the poor and they don't remotely follow that.

Please point to me on the doll where the Christian touched you...

What does that mean?

And BTW it's not just Christianity it's all religions that have on one hand espoused they love their fellow man but we have oppression all over history and even today, this very day, for instance, people did horrible things in the name of religion.

NO RELIGION ON EARTH IS INNOCENT

Of course, there are sincere good believers in all religions.

Unfortunately, the bad wins over the good in most cases.

Ummm...it’s not the religions so much...it’s the people...

People and their penchant for being human are what creates the problems...and solutions to said...

How much fun would it be really...if we were all of like mind...

I’ll say it one more time so that maybe you’ll get the big picture...human beings are territorial...lactating...mammals...animals in fact and truth...humans are the top predator species on the planet...

When you factor those equations into any human related issue...you have the answer to whatever situation arises about humanity...we are small circle centric beings...not altruistic...evolved...or enlightened...
Those are only tropes and metaphors for how we dream we might be in some imagined future...
We should instead deal with our realities as they actually are...and not some perceptual state of mind...

There is no bad and good...only people being human...

You only need to find balance within your psyche while realizing that in proper context...compassion and confrontation are equal parts of an whole being...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Not a whole lot to add here. I, like many, think of just about any major city in ANY state(dem or repub) as just being one giant open air dumpster.

I don't know why it takes so long for people to start to catch on and utter such nonsense like "I'm starting to avoid the area..." STARTING, many of us have done it for decades.

I'm shocked by this latest report, not by the healthy double digit increase in (insert crime here), but that news is reporting on it, showing video and risking people seeing that this seems to be a widespread(countrywide) demographic problem.

www.fox9.com...

Democrats love to tell us that red states have the most welfare recipients but fail to understand that it's because of the big blue cities residing within them. My mom and dad got me and my sister out of Shreveport in 1985 because it was starting to turn into a dumpster, and boy did it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join