It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another major city, descending into the dumpster.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Not a whole lot to add here. I, like many, think of just about any major city in ANY state(dem or repub) as just being one giant open air dumpster.

I don't know why it takes so long for people to start to catch on and utter such nonsense like "I'm starting to avoid the area..." STARTING, many of us have done it for decades.

I'm shocked by this latest report, not by the healthy double digit increase in (insert crime here), but that news is reporting on it, showing video and risking people seeing that this seems to be a widespread(countrywide) demographic problem.

www.fox9.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is what happens when the working age have no "real jobs".
Mental illness sets in and that comes the people living on the streets with all their filth.
More cops are not the solution. Its sad but the jails and prisons are over loaded these days and this is why the news and politicians are silent.

Also, can someone investigate, how many politicians got and easy govt. pension and are now living in Belize. I think something fishy is going on.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: meh

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Just about all wide scale repeating problems are due to cultural influences, either on a macro or micro scale.

Plenty of people, of all races, have been poor in the past and didn't devolve into animals.

These problems need to be dealt with as far up the chain as you can go, culturally. Doing that, will solve all the symptoms(things you've mentioned) below it.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

And does your outrage motivate a solution that you can share?

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

A start would be acknowledgement and stop labeling those that point out the truth as if it's coming from some source of hate or intolerance.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think it is like this everywhere. The problem is that the news is suppressed and spun so much that people are kind of ok oblivious to this type of situation. That is unless something bad happens personally.

My home town has been taken over by drugs and crime but the city council will come out on record and say it isn't that bad.

But we are supposed to believe;
Unemployment is at the lowest levels in forever.
People are making more money.
The quality of living is going up.
Everybody has health insurance and it is affordable.
It is the other person's fault when it doesn't look or sound good.
Etc.
Etc.

The rich and powerful are still "winning" and as long as their profits soar and the bank accounts grow for the 1 percent, everything is "fine".

But what do I know? I'm just a blue collar working man that drives through some pretty shi$#% neighborhoods and towns to get to work everyday.

Everything's fine

edit on 11-9-2019 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I liked it better when Christianity was a major player in our society. I have never been a stout Christian but they did get something right, thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor, though shall not covet thy neighbors wife, though shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

The thou shall not commit adultery includes rape. it also lessened the transmission of many diseases.

The coveting of neighbors goods means people should not swindle their neighbors or trick them out of things they have worked hard to get, but I guess half the sales jobs in the USA have incorporating deceiving people out of their money, look how they make advertisements to convince people they need things they really do not need.

Christianity also frowned on drug and alcohol consumption, the Pharma companies did a good job of getting people hooked on opiates and mind altering meds. Instead of advising people to control the spending on things they did not need, they supplied them with expensive pills to make them feel better and keep on living in a fantasy world where they live paycheck to paycheck.
edit on 11-9-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree, and I'm hugely anti religious and not a believer of god.

I got into a pretty decent discussion with a friend that was very religious.

We, I, found common ground in that while I don't believe in the religious texts, I acknowledged the effect that his religion had, in it's modern form, on small to medium sized communities.

Not just the values, but more importantly(to me) the cohesive nature it brought, culturally, to society(in our case of discussion, on a micro level).

People need a sense of community, a sense of being part of. In many places(suburban and rural) across the country the ONLY place that will come is from a local religious house of worship. I agreed that in that sense, the religious institutions were filling a very vital goal.

We both agreed that the higher up aspect of it was a cancer(segway into that picture of some guy at the vatican having his 6 figure watch photoshopped out of a picture).
edit on 11-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
All of these issues have been empirically proven to be related to poverty

Shrug

But let me guess is a Democrat city right?

Most of you dont even have 2 brain cells left to rub together. You are so easily hypnotized and brainwashed.. I wrote a python script and I feel like I'm having a conversation with the majority of you reading this post

Not a very smart bunch left here anymore. Cant think for yourself. Not very intelligent. Can no longer think past the hegalian dialectic

The suns power is dimming and so is your mind.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
All of these issues have been empirically proven to be related to poverty

Shrug

But let me guess is a Democrat city right?

Most of you dont even have 2 brain cells left to rub together. You are so easily hypnotized and brainwashed.. I wrote a python script and I feel like I'm having a conversation with the majority of you reading this post

Not a very smart bunch left here anymore. Cant think for yourself. Not very intelligent. Can no longer think past the hegalian dialectic

The suns power is dimming and so is your mind.

I see you comprehend little to nothing of what's transpired here.

Good for you.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: FyreByrd

A start would be acknowledgement and stop labeling those that point out the truth as if it's coming from some source of hate or intolerance.

If not intolerance or hate, what might be the source of this description?

devolve into animals.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Cant waste my time with the common poster here anymore because theres very little objective, critical or analytical thinking of any kind going on here.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

You’re from the industrial northwest, or rather the past industrial northwest.

I think of Gary Indiana, what a disaster.

It’s the American downfall. Indeed, the digital age somewhat saved us but people are probably not doing too well because of the loss of manufacturing and the wealth divide, the union movement destruction, and the technology replacing jobs with robots.

America needs a massive retraining effort and to lower college tuitions or the future is grim...

Good luck!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Cant waste my time with the common poster here anymore because theres very little objective, critical or analytical thinking of any kind going on here.

If you would have actually read my OP you would have seen I dispersed with the notion of this being a matter of political leaning....

To which your response was to frame it in some sort of political nature.....

But we do agree, the "common" (you) poster is surely a waste of time.

Go play with your adult toys...

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I think it's so cute that you think you're smart.

Maybe you and Enlightened can hook up and save the world's problems.

Oh wait... neither of you have any actual answers for the problems, just snark and bitterness.

Kinda funny how that works...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

liked it better when Christianity was a major player in our society. I have never been a stout Christian but they did get something right, thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor, though shall not covet thy neighbors wife, though shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

That’s fine but the problem was they stole whole countries. Genocided whole races and became just another Roman Empire hiding behind FAKE moral platitudes that weren't really followed.

The Bible I've quoted numerous times here the hundreds of verses that condemned the rich and greedy and said feed the poor and they don't remotely follow that.

edit on 11-9-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

liked it better when Christianity was a major player in our society. I have never been a stout Christian but they did get something right, thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor, though shall not covet thy neighbors wife, though shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

That’s fine but the problem was they stole whole countries. Genocided whole races and became just another Roman Empire hiding behind FAKE moral platitudes that weren't really followed.

The Bible I've quoted numerous times here the hundreds of verses that condemned the rich and greedy and said feed the poor and they don't remotely follow that.

Please point to me on the doll where the Christian touched you...

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

We can analyze poverty all we want, but the key is what makes people poor.

The problem is that too many people want to blame everyone and everything except themselves for that.

Poor people make poor choices. My brother-in-law's brother is a trained mechanic. How many truly poor mechanics do you know? I know one. He can't even hold down a job because he lacks the basic job skills to show up on time and consistently, so he ends up fired.

Again, poor people make poor choices.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Willtell

Please point to me on the doll where the Christian touched you...

Jokes aside, as per my previous post.

I, anti religious, and my friend both agreed on the merits of the religion on a micro scale. We both found the actions of the mid to higher up consolidation of the "power" as being wholly deplorable.

But, I guess that just about sums up any power structure. Religious, political or otherwise. Good things happen at home, on the local scale, # always falls apart the further up the power structure you go.
edit on 11-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join