It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another major city, descending into the dumpster.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I imagine it depends on what side of the issue one is on.

It's easy for the power culture to espouse love and peace and look at the glass as half full.

The millions denied good by the depraved evil of “civilization” will look at things as either half-empty or all empty

Didn’t you read I said sure there are good and sincere believers in all religions but the present day and history testify that the more negative has prevailed.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There seems to be 2 schools of thought at play, some are saying the economy is booming others are saying major cities are descending into the dumpster. Seems to be somewhat of a quagmire.

The economy is booming for the rich.

The Lower- and middle-class people have to have two or three jobs too often to survive.

The rich have cultured society for the rich, not those who have to work every day. The result may be absolute horror for the millennials who will have to work in their 80's and 90's if they let the PTB trick them in doing things like privatizing SS.

They call it the GIG economy

Rich folks can afford to go from job to job but the low and middle class have been forced to live that rich man's lifestyle without being rich

The middle class right now in America is doing quite well... not sure where you get your news from.

The lower class worker is the most effected right now, with average wages rising faster for them then management... 6.3 million people off of food stamps since 2016, record lows in all unemployment brackets, lowest poverty rate in America for years.

Perhaps your personal problem isn't exactly the average American citizen's problem right now.

Just sayin....

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm not so sure, in the past what you say there certainly applies, the world we live in now is a different beast though. With production and distribution centralised the way it is smaller towns will fail along with the cities.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What is wrong with you can you read

I spoke about Christianity because the poster did.

I said ALL religions haven't lived up to the best of their creed, including BTW paganism

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: liejunkie01

You’re from the industrial northwest, or rather the past industrial northwest.

I think of Gary Indiana, what a disaster.

It’s the American downfall. Indeed, the digital age somewhat saved us but people are probably not doing too well because of the loss of manufacturing and the wealth divide, the union movement destruction, and the technology replacing jobs with robots.

America needs a massive retraining effort and to lower college tuitions or the future is grim...

Good luck!

There seems to be 2 schools of thought at play, some are saying the economy is booming others are saying major cities are descending into the dumpster. Seems to be somewhat of a quagmire.

Maybe major cities are not a good indicator of overall economic success.

I thought the cities were the beating heart, the hub of an areas financial network, if the city fails so do the surrounding areas.

If the cities fall, the surrounding areas probably won't even notice, besides the uptick of crime in rural areas by city rats.

I've talked to older cattlemen in Oklahoma about the Great Depression.

They didn't notice a difference.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Okay, what to you is middle class. What income level?

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The economy is booming for the rich.

The Lower- and middle-class people have to have two or three jobs too often to survive.

The rich have cultured society for the rich, not those who have to work every day. The result may be absolute horror for the millennials who will have to work in their 80's and 90's if they let the PTB trick them in doing things like privatizing SS.

They call it the GIG economy

Rich folks can afford to go from job to job but the low and middle class have been forced to live that rich man's lifestyle without being rich

The middle class right now in America is doing quite well... not sure where you get your news from.

The lower class worker is the most effected right now, with average wages rising faster for them then management... 6.3 million people off of food stamps since 2016, record lows in all unemployment brackets, lowest poverty rate in America for years.

Perhaps your personal problem isn't exactly the average American citizen's problem right now.

Just sayin....

Yes, I don't get where all the "rich" references are coming from.

Are the "rich'(which to me is double the average household income) doing better, sure they are.

But in most areas the middle class is surging, even (I) as a single income household is well within the state average median income(a 2 income figure) in this area.

Trying to paint the picture that ONLY the 1 percent is doing well when in reality the other 70 percent is doing much better is just the usual inane uninformed nonsense that idiots like to spew.

link   

What is wrong with you can you read

I spoke about Christianity because the poster did.

I said ALL religions haven't lived up to the best of their creed, including BTW paganism

I can read quite well, thank you.

I can also type a question... can you answer it?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Trying to paint the picture that ONLY the 1 percent is doing well when in reality the other 70 percent is doing much better is just the usual inane uninformed nonsense that idiots like to spew.

To the Woke... rich is bad and evil.

Which they are told to think by their rich and evil politicians.

Kinda funny, if you think about it...

Maybe they shouldn't covet.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: FyreByrd

And does your outrage motivate a solution that you can share?

A start would be acknowledgement and stop labeling those that point out the truth as if it's coming from some source of hate or intolerance.

If not intolerance or hate, what might be the source of this description?

devolve into animals.

The quoted text: devolve into animals.

First, humans are primates. Primates are mammals. Mammals are animals.
www.merriam-webster.com...
That link links to a second definition

less advanced in the scale of evolutionary development

How would you describe individuals who do not care about society as a whole to the point that they freely defecate to the point of exposing the public to major health hazards from disease?
Even some domesticated animals are trained to know areas that are proper for excrement.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think statistically it is the medium household income in whatever state you reside in.
edit on 11-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Depends entirely on where you live.. your cost of living.

So if I point out that savings in the middle class has gone up 8% so far this year, does that mean to you that they are struggling?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm not so sure, in the past what you say there certainly applies, the world we live in now is a different beast though. With production and distribution centralised the way it is smaller towns will fail along with the cities.

Dense urban areas economic output is essential for globalism.

Rural output is more locally dependent.

That's really not debatable. And for clarification I'm talking about basic survival needs, not economic output.

If a collapse comes, only a fool would argue it to be advantageous to be in a dense urban area that would be cut off from essential supplies, supplies that are largely dependent on largely national/international(and somewhat rural) distribution networks.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The point is the average person thinks middle class is 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100, 000 a year in income

That’s false.

The middle class is generally 180 thou a year and up

These little jobs at 30 40 50 and all the way up to 90 are LOWER middle-class incomes

People in this country have been deceived by thinking their middle class and they’re not.

Your average doctor, lawyer, actor, School principal, superintendent, Dentist is middle class. These little 9 to 5 jobs paying 30 to 90 grand are Lower middle class.

edit on 11-9-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

(post by MisterSpock removed for a manners violation)
(post by Willtell removed for a manners violation)
(post by MisterSpock removed for a manners violation)
(post by Willtell removed for a manners violation)
(post by Willtell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You should fact check your opinions- This is a two year old article but for my state a household of 5 is $60k for middle class:
www.cnbc.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join