It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick irony Comey lied to investigators more blatantly than Flynn

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
James Comey was appalled by Trump asking him at a dinner to go easy on Flynn.

So appalled that he created a memo of the conversation, because he knew he may have to release it at some day so people could see how serious this was.

So for him to be so appalled, Flynn must have committed a serious crime.

That crime was supposedly lying to the FBI.

Now the lie was about something reasonable; Flynn supposedly asked his Russian counterpart to not retaliate against Obama's sanctions. Not only does this make sense for a member of the incoming administration to do, but even Obama would have liked there to be no retaliation.

But nonetheless, Comey thought this was a huge deal; lying to the FBI or congress most certainly is.

The irony here is that this was used as the excuse for Comey to break the law and FBI policy by releasing FBI documents to a friend to give to the press, and yet Comey himself lied more blatantly to investigators, congress in his case, than Flynn ever did.

Lets look at this thread I did on the 302's (the FBI notes on their interview with Flynn) that led to him being charged with lying to the FBI.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I wont repost all of the images here, but in short the FBI asks Flynn three times if he recalled talking to Kislyak about not retaliating on the sanctions.

There are several things to remember about the context of this questioning.

Comey admitted that it was unprecedented in the way he sent these agents to talk to Flynn. We know he was told not to have counsel there with him. We know that the media was claiming that Flynn, an incoming member of an administration, violated the logan act by talking to his russian counterpart, which is absurd.

So Flynn thought he was just having a friendly chat with some agents to clear the air, because he did nothing wrong. Even the agents who interviewed Flynn said they did not think he was intentionally lying to them.

Yet Flynn was charged.

Here is the 302

assets.documentcloud.org...

Notice the ask Flynn if he RECALLS a conversation regarding this. Flynn says no; ie he doesnt recall.

Then they ask again, and Flynn this time says no and "I dont remember"

Now if not remembering or recalling means you are lying, then comey and many many other people who talk to congress or the FBI would be locked up, because people say this all the time.

Yet only Flynn gets charged.

The third time they ask him its even worse.

The 320 says "Flynn stated that is was possible he talked to Kislyak on the issue, but if he did, he did not remember doing so"

Thats it? Thats the big lie? he said it could of happened but he didnt remember.

and for that his life was turned upside down, he was charged, and Comey thought it was so important he had to leak to the press to damage Trump over this?

Ok so apparently Comey takes lying to investigators very seriously.

So now lets go to the IG report released yesterday

www.scribd.com...

Comey is brought forth to Congress to ask about these leaks.

Sen Collins has the following exchange with Comey.

COLLINS: And finally, did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside the Department of Justice?

COMEY: Yes.

COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies?

COMEY: I asked—the president tweeted on Friday [May 12], after I got fired, that I better hope there's not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, because it didn't dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might be a tape.
And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn't do it myself, for a variety of reasons. But I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. And so I asked a friend of mine to do it.

COLLINS: And was that Mr. Wittes?

COMEY: No, no.

COLLINS: Who was that?

COMEY: A good friend of mine who's a professor at Columbia Law School.

COLLINS: Thank you.

Collins asked Comey who outside the FBI did he show these memos. Comey says one guy and says why.

That is a lie. He showed memos to three people, as the IG report shows.

Now we have an FBI that charged people like Cohen for lying to the FBI because he messed up a date, for Papadopolous for messing up a few details. Heck as I showed above, Comey clearly thought Flynn saying a conversation could have happened but he didnt recall was a huge deal and lying.

Yet here we are to believe that when Comey is blatantly asked who he gave memos two, and he only mentions one guy, thats not a lie?

Comey's excuse was that the other two he gave the memo two were his lawyers. But that makes no sense to not mention them, because he also claims Richman, the Columbia law professor he mentions giving the memo to to Collins, was also his lawyer.

His only other excuse he gave the IG for this lie is that he would have mentioned these lawyers had there been a fllow up. That is ridiculous. He was blatantly asked who all he gave memos to, he said one guy. You dont then have to ask "And was there guy number two?" and so forth.

He intentionally lied and misled congress, way more than Flynn did. Yet he thought he had to break the law and FBI policy because Flynns crime was so severe and Trump wanted him to go easy on Flynn.

And there was a follow up by Sen. Blunt, where Comey lies again. From page 53 of the IG report.

BLUNT: But you said something earlier I don't want to fail to follow up on. You said, after you were dismissed, you gave information to a friend so that friend could get that information into the public media.

COMEY: Correct.

BLUNT: What kind of information was that?...[W]hat kind of information did you give to a friend?

COMEY: That the—the—the Flynn conversation, that the president asked me to let the—the Flynn—I'm forgetting my exact own words, but the—the conversation in the Oval Office.

That is a lie. He gave Richman not just the Flynn conversation which was memo 4, but also memos 2 and 7.

Blunt asks what all info did you give your friend, Comey lies and says just the stuff on Flynn.

Again, a far bigger and more blatant lie than what Flynn supposedly told.

The irony here is that the very crime Comey thought was so important to damage the credibility of the FBI (like it hadn't been already) and potentially break laws to out was committed worse by himself.

The IG report even quotes Comey saying that FBI agents that leak info harm the FBI. so Comey knew what he was doing, but felt Flynns crime was so severe and Trump wanting to go easy on him so terrible he was willing to break protocol and possibly laws in what he knew would harm the FBI.

This again shows the double standards; if anyone connected to trump even comes close to lying to investigators, even saying it could have happened but I dont remember like Flynn, they have the book thrown at them. When its the trump haters lying, like brennan, clapper, comey, mills, abedin, hillary etc., no punishment at all

This is why it was terrible for Barr to not prosecute.

My video on this

I will be doing a live stream at noon eastern time about how absurd it is Comey wasnt charged if anyone would like to participate.

edit on 30-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sadly, we have a two-tiered system here in this country..

Tier 1 - Politicians (left leaning)

Tier 2 - Everyone else

Flynn vs Comey is one obvious reminder....

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

While we've witnessed plenty of hypocrites coming from the Democratic party, Comey has beat them all. His tweets are dripping with arrogance and hypocrisy. Somehow, to Comey, lying is commendable as long as you believe in your own warped mind that you're saving the American public. The man is mental beyond repair and therapy.

edit on 30-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I do not remember every conversation I have with everyone I meet, heck, I do not even remember their names if I am just chit chatting with them. Now Flynn saying he did not remember a conversation about a minor topic that may have come up in a discussion with this guy...That is normal for most people, I do not know one person that has not forgot elements of a conversation they had with someone. We do not remember everything we say to people.

They would have to prove that Flynn did not remember the event at the time they questioned him. Sometimes things come back later and you do recall things, but cannot pull up the information from your mind if you are stressed, that is normal. They have proved that someone in a stressful situation often does not recall particulars of events, that is common in most testimonies, that is why they try to jog people's memories in court, that is why these people asked him three times about it.

Flynn is mostly in jail because of previous events that had nothing to do with his time with trump. The FBI gave him a reduced sentence if he would say he lied, that is a common practice, it is deceit though because they seemed to want to tie something to the Trump investigation to show a return on the falsely acquired investigation, they did not want to come out empty handed, I can understand that. The person who allowed the utilization of a false lie to be used should be fired and their pension taken away.

That is my opinion, it is not a legal ruling, it is up to the DOJ to investigate this properly with no politics being used, the practice of plea bargaining often involves pleading guilty to a crime you did not commit.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
At some point people are going to get very sick at the 'too big to fail' or 'too big to prosecute' mindset.

I can't sufficiently express my disgust at the entire thing.

SMH.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

We can't enforce the laws when it's not our guy in the hot seat...

Comey needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent.... Along with his accomplices.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Anyone seen any of the talking heads, even pro trump ones discussing Flynn’s 302’s or the ig showing comey lying to Congress?

Absolutely pathetic that we do a better job than them

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yep. We know for a fact a crime was committed. A crime the FBI went after Trump associates for. It's disgusting.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

The thing is. What are you going to do about it? Nothing. That’s the irony in all of this, and they all know it, not one thing. You can complain, throw fits, punch holes in walls until your blue in the face, but in reality, they just guffaw knowing you can’t do squat.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent revolution inevitable.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I say we just lynch him.

A little frontier justice.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
When we talk about how lenient Barr and his DOJ is we should all remember this....

Link

Session did not....why?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Also I noticed all of the people that were saying the ig report proves comey didn’t commit any crimes were silent on this thread

Go figure

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
An Intel "Classification Expert" says James Comey violated Federal Law (not just "rules") by sharing and leaking classified information.

The internal DOJ watchdog documented, irrefutably, that Comey leaked the contents of a classified memo to his legal team, first orally and then by providing a copy of the document. Some of the memo’s content was then leaked to a media organization by one of his lawyers.
From someone who knows: thehill.com...

This separate "Comey Report" was designed to expose how corrupt FBI Director James Comey was. This makes it easier for the public to believe and digest the serious crimes that will be spelled out in the next IG Report, and the Durham Report.

The indictment of James Comey, and other top Obama officials, will accompany those reports...guaranteed.

P.S. A dead giveaway to what's coming can be found in a message President Trump tweeted out Friday morning. He praised A.G. Barr for going easy on, and being fair with James Comey, even though Comey did "lots of horrible things".

The media and Democrats were dumbfounded by that response. It's been 14 hours since Trump's tweet and they still don't understand why President Trump would side with Barr letting Comey off the hook.

BUT WE DO.

edit on 8/31/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nope I disagree

It was a mistake to let him off the hook

The public does not find Barr more reasonable now

Who is he appearing more reasonable too by letting a criminal off the hook?

Had he charged comey, would you find Barr less reasonable? Can you name one person who already doesn’t hate Barr that would have thought so?

The Dems? The media?

Like they care anyways

Read that Solomon piece

You know why he is writing it?

Because msm outlets are attacking him as a liar

Because he is a reporter with integrity who outlined these crimes, and Barr let comey off the hook

Now Solomon looks like a fool and is smeared

Read the comments on that hill article

Person after person laughing at Solomon saying he has no credibility

All Barr did was show how pathetic he is, and that even with clear criminal behavior he lets people off the hook

Comey is right to take a victory lap

Even if Barr later charges comey with something, he has set a clear example that it is ok to leak classified material to hurt trump, and to lie to congress about it
edit on 31-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This again?

he was found innocent. enough of these conspiracy theories. he is not going to jail, and either is Hillary

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
they need to hang these treasonous pieces of #.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Let's not forget flynn plead guilty to this bs charge because they were threatening his family and had already near bankrupted him. As mark steyn says; "the process is the punishment." The purpose of the investigation was to get guilty pleas and damage the president, nothing more, nothing less. It didn't matter how petty it was, how innocent the "perp" was. They were going for their pound of flesh.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Unfortunately the left seems to have taken almost complete control of our government even with a Republican/conservative POTUS. The swamp that is our government is too full of rats, and true justice seems to be no longer possible.

Although Comey was fired in disgrace he is making millions with the lies he is selling in his book/s. Meanwhile innocent men and women are suffering bankruptcy and face jail time "for not remembering conversations" meanwhile Obama officials continue to lie willfully and justice is not served to these hypocrites.

What's more, aholes like Brennan seem to be able to threaten POTUS Trump without consequence with his last threat being "that POTUS Trump protective cocoon is only temporary"

edit on 31-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

No one is ever found innocent. It has been concluded he did break the law, but I doubt he gets charged.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join