It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to states: School lunch changes none of your business

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
First of all....THIS is a concentration camp.

Rounding up illegal immigrants who invade our country without following proper laws for legal entry is not a concentration camp. It is a normal procedure that happens in EVERY civilized (and uncivilized) country in the world. Even under this legal and normal process, we do not:

1. starve people
2. do scientific experimentation on people who have been placed in internment
3. torture people who have been placed in internment
4. refuse them any kind of legalized process for their case to be heard

These people are not US citizens. People placed in concentration camps were natural citizens who were targeted for their religion, rounded up and had all the things listed above...and MORE...done to them. So I don't want to hear your SPIN on whether you think people who break the law by disrespecting our borders are being put through the same thing. It's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Now...as for school lunches....just because the federal government makes a filing does not make it gospel. This is an on-going suit and until it reaches its final conclusion with no more ability to appeal, it is not gospel. Lastly, you always have the option to take your child out of public school and put them in private school or home school. Guess what....you can feed your child whatever you want when they are home schooled or in private school. You have options...use them.

Quite honestly, people that are in these camps have a better situation than anyone even knows. I know that Candice Owens has a tweet/video that shows this, as well as ICE videos that exist. To people that want to believe the narritive, it doesn't matter. It is just another "cause" for hate and violence.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Make up your mind.

You want less state control or more? If you get less state control, this is what it will look like. Some place will feed bad food, some places will have the latitude to feed improved lunches though.

Thing is that artificial sodium restrictions, for example, don't mean as much as people make it out to be. Unless you have specific medical needs or are eating pure salt, sodium in your diet doesn't matter as much as some people want you to think it does. It's another in a long list of things government nutrition information didn't get as right as they'd like you to think they did ... sort of like choosing margarine over butter for all those years or avoiding eggs.

And not all whole grains are created equal. A carb is often still a carb unless you are talking about a specific type of whole, unrefined grain. Most schools aren't going to have the budgets in place to afford that level of whole grain very often in their programs, and you try getting most kids to eat things like quinoa and farrow with regularity even in a normal diet or sprouted grain bread.

But the nuttiest thing of all is that healthy kids shouldn't need to worry about calorie restrictions because they're getting healthy amounts of active play on a daily basis.

So what really should be happening is two to three periods of free play recess and a thorough gym program targeted at getting those bodies moving.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
many kids are allergic to some of the raw veggies than to some of the overprocessed junk foods. They go to school and try to fit in and take veggies that their friends take. We had decent school lunches back in the seventies, most of the stuff was real food back then. I did not like when they used the canned green beans though, they used a lot of frozen ones and they were all right.

People from the small community were cooking for the school back then and they would not allow foods that would poison the kids. Hamburgers were real burgers, no fake highly processed premade patties. The hot dogs were Vollwerths, they were top of the line. The local Dairy supplied the milk, made from local farmers, most all farmers around these fed their cows in pastures back then, they also did not poison any of their food with legal chemicals back then. Kids were usually healthy, even though there were no vaccines other than polio. Sure, the flu spread around occasionally, but most kids only missed a couple of days of school....they ate better foods back in the sixties and seventies...real foods. Even the TV dinners were really tasty and way more real than these days. The government should not be allowed to make any regulations about food, they seem to allow lots of things that poison the people.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Anyone remember what State rights used to be? I seem to recall a few people on ATS being for the States rights and they were against government overreach. Any of those people still around? Are they still allowed to speak up?

Right wingers only care about states rights when it can be used to justify exclusionary politics.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Still not sure how this doesn't allow for states' rights.

The restrictions were loosened allowing the states more freedom in deciding how to do things. Unless I miss my guess, that is states' rights. Those states suing are trying to take freedom away from the other states. No one has told them they cannot hold to the old rules on their own. That is now their right -- their state's right to do on their own.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

States can set their own dietary standards for their own schools. Check

These are only minimum standards. Check

There is nothing to even argue or discuss as it's a non story other than it being pure propaganda. Check

Taxpayers are footing the bill for frivolous lawsuits. Check

Presidential elections spawn nutty propaganda like this from both sides. Check

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What I really want is the fed to stay out of this and for the states to have a vote by the people on these issues for themselves.
Not the fed not the state government but the people within the state to hold a vote and decide what kind of food is feed to their kids while in school.

edit on 27-8-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That's not going to work out too well. There are too many ethnicities, too many cultures, too many cuisines represented.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What I really want is the fed to stay out of this and for the states to have a vote by the people on these issues for themselves.
Not the fed not the state government but the people within the state to hold a vote and decide what kind of food is feed to their kids while in school.
Most folks, honestly just don't care.

I mean, they care what their children eat, but not so overly dramatic issues, if it don't kill them, let them deal with it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If the states dont like the strings attached to the money, think they can refuse the money..
Of course, they probably would seem like total jerks if they kill the free lunch program..

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Here's a novel concept... feed your own kids and then you dont have to concern yourself with what anyone's kids are eating. Again, homeschoolers have long ago figured this one out. If my wife or I have an issue with our kids' lunches on any given day, we know where our home's mirrors are to present our grievances to.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

If the states dont like the strings attached to the money, think they can refuse the money..
Of course, they probably would seem like total jerks if they kill the free lunch program..

Someone else who doesn't get it.

The lunch restriction were simply loosened and it's the deep blue states suing because they're mad about it. They don't want other states using the looser restrictions or something. No one tells them they can't keep the old standards if they liked them.

The only way I can figure this is a thing is that it means less federal money for the lunch program because the Feds figure that the schools don't have to spend as much on food now.
edit on 27-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sad place for the usa to be in.

The usa I know and love used to help each other.

Feeding hungry children healthy meals is what I want my tax money to go to.
The healthier our population is the stronger our country becomes.

I read that the military had to lower the physical fitness level they require for service. Of course that's not entirely based on healthy school food but the school food is for a lot of kids their only meals during the school day. So it is a part of it.

If you want to hate on the parents go ahead but why mess with the kids?
We are creating a weaker future because we are ourselves to weak to help others today.

Well if we close our borders we would have plenty of money to feed hungry American children.
America first.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Anyone remember what State rights used to be? I seem to recall a few people on ATS being for the States rights and they were against government overreach. Any of those people still around? Are they still allowed to speak up?

Right wingers only care about states rights when it can be used to justify exclusionary politics.

Left wingers only care about the federal government when it allows killing babies.
The states don't have to take the dirty fed money.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I think I pointed that fact out awhile back.. when I explained why I didnt think the states have a case..
People are still complaining... it seems on both sides. And it seemed that the poster I was responding to didnt want any strings attached to the money.. the easy solution to that is probably just dont take the money, find another way to assure all the kids can get a lunch.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It's pure bass ackwards thinking.

Why sue at all? There is nothing in the rules that says those states can't take the money and hold themselves to a higher standard if that's what they're worried about. Nope. They're just worried that other states might not also hold themselves to that same high standard or something, and it's "for the children".

What it's really about is not wanting to let anyone else have a choice in what they do.

Do it my way. There is no highway.

The only other thing I can figure is that the feds reduced the amount they were sending, and these states are butt hurt over that, but it sounds better to pretend they care about the children.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
The school lunches have sucked for a very long time, so when my kids were in school I just packed them a lunch. I did complain to the school, and they told me that very few kids pay for their lunch, so they have to stretch it to feed a huge amount of kids. Not to mention all the undocumented kids who are also getting a free lunch.

If the illegals are in school, they are documented...They are documented illegal aliens...

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What on earth are you trying to say? Are you saying US schools are equal to concentration camps because of the lunch quality?

I don't follow how school lunch and illegal immigration holding centers are related??? You know they aren't!!! Alarmist trying to conflate and confuse issues...

The centers holding people who cross the boarder illegally (breaking the laws) is not the same thing as nazi death camps which you seem to be saying.

Let me guess... you hear your news via CNN? And have a strong emotional response. And don't see any articles where they correct their alarmist headlines, after pushing... fake news!!!

Your empathy is being used. Obama made propaganda legal and guess what, y'all being played.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Lastly, you always have the option to take your child out of public school and put them in private school or home school. Guess what....you can feed your child whatever you want when they are home schooled or in private school. You have options...use them.

He also used to have the option of voting no for things like this that he thinks could harm his kid. Stop being so ridiculously leftist.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Lastly, you always have the option to take your child out of public school and put them in private school or home school. Guess what....you can feed your child whatever you want when they are home schooled or in private school. You have options...use them.

He also used to have the option of voting no for things like this that he thinks could harm his kid. Stop being so ridiculously leftist.

Are you telling me or the OP to stop being a leftist?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join