It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow plunges more than 600 on worsening US-China trade brawl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Metallicus
China is desperate. They have been used to taking advantage of the US and now they have to deal with a President who is standing up to them. This needs to happen.

lol, trump won't even stand up to lil kim. They still shoot missiles off, mock trump and he makes excuses for them.

www.cnbc.com...

Does no one have the concept of time?

Trump isn't going to just come in, run roughshod over kim and break down decades of lenience in a few months.

You have to recognize, factually, that he has made more progress in 2 years than anyone has in 2 decades.

Or, just push aside logic and reasoning and keep reeing at the sky. Makes no difference to the rest of us.

Just swipe to the next YouTube video

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I've personally made over 43 billion dollars on waffle futures.....

I think your waffling. :-D

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

and when china folds in the future and the market surges, everyone will just hold their tongue and find something else to bitch about.

The Chinese culture has been around for 4000 years. The US....240 years, Who do you think has the patience to wait who out.

You continue to surprise me with your ridiculous logic.

Let me demostrate.

According to you, it took 4000 years for the chinese to play second fiddle to the US, which took only 240 years to reach Economic, Technological and Military supremacy.

For once, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

China is desperate. They have been used to taking advantage of the US and now they have to deal with a President who is standing up to them. This needs to happen.

lol, trump won't even stand up to lil kim. They still shoot missiles off, mock trump and he makes excuses for them.

www.cnbc.com...

In your attempt to cheap shot Trump, you fail to realize that Trump has done more in regards to Korea than any other POTUS.

What? Did you think we would read your post and be like, "Gosh darn, Olaru is right?" NO.

That's what North Korea does, let them sable rattle, what about you? You still mock Trump and make excuses for his achievements and post liberal news rags to back up your false assertions and assumptions, how are YOU any different than the enemies of the United States?

A fragmented populace who seek and desire harm for our POTUS is a sick and ill society and one that must be dealt with accordingly. How? push Patriotism and Nationalism.
edit on 23-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: Truth

edit on 23-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: More truth

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You still mock Trump and make excuses for his achievements and post liberal news rags to back up your false assertions and assumptions, how are YOU any different than the enemies of the United States?
a reply to: Arnie123

And yet I served in the military and support the constitution. Unlike bonespurs that dodged the draft. To me that's cowardice and treason.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This time is worse...the global picture

Scramble alert.....scramble scrambke...equities no....hail no....Forex, oil and Silver....just little Gold....after those it's farmland and fertilizer.....food fam......says the king of Forex and Bitcoin, called the bottom with Elliott wave...took forever....
We were lied to about corn acres planted.....sobs
edit on 23-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 23-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It takes a strong stomach to stay in during volatile times.

The total crypto market is worth just shy of $300 billion. Gold alone is is roughly an $8 trillion dollar asset class.

Crypto has a long way to go. It's a long term investment that represents a fundamental change in the economy and how it functions. Can't build that over night.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You still mock Trump and make excuses for his achievements and post liberal news rags to back up your false assertions and assumptions, how are YOU any different than the enemies of the United States?

And yet I served in the military and support the constitution. Unlike bonespurs that dodged the draft. To me that's cowardice and treason.

I have a lot of black friends....but....

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So did I and continue to do so. You? in your attempt to cheap shot our American administration in support of a foreign adversary, I'm not so sure and QUESTION your standings.

As for Bonespurs, so what? I know a few folks with real world bone spur issues that prevented them from joining, WHAT OF IT?

Seriously, I have issues with that stance, specially since I knew a bunch of Soldiers being medboarded, Bonespurs are no joke.

You don't know Trump personally or his views, wants and ambitions, for all we know, he wanted to serve and couldn't as a result of healt issues, he could have been like the rest of the upper wealthy class and just leave to a nuetral country, but he didn't.
edit on 23-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: Issues.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Corrections in the stock market are common. It seems that the people working the market try to make up excuses to hide the fact that the stock market often gets overinflated. The value of stock seems to be based on a Hopeful potential value of the corporation, not the actual value or even a reasonable value of the assets and future potential. The stock market is a gambling organization based on the beliefs of the people who buy stock. It is not by any means real value. It is gambling on the trend of what people will do with their money. Less than a few percent sales of a companies stock can drive a stock down ten percent in value. It is not real. Less than one percent of stock in a company sold in a day can also raise the value of all their stock twenty percent. Does that sound like a legitimate way to do things in this world, it sounds irrational but is true. I watched and studied what was happening in the stock market for many years, One big investment group can control the market and people make millions and millions working the market. It is not reality, some greedy and risky people control our future.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

and when china folds in the future and the market surges, everyone will just hold their tongue and find something else to bitch about.

When China folds?

I thought that the US was blocking trade.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

The president accused Beijing of stealing “vast amounts of wealth from the U.S.,” and ordered American companies to find alternatives to doing business with China. U.S. equity markets sold off sharply.

Link

President Donald J. Trump said that "trade wars are good and easy to win."

I think my 401k is still waiting for the 'win' part.

If you actually have a 401K you might notice it's gone up quite a bit since 2016...

Just sayin.

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

When China folds?

Well look who just rolled in from the hills after a hobbit hunt.

Not being a dick, but your post made no sense so I didn't have any other reply.

link   

www.cnbc.com...

Trump isn't going to just come in, run roughshod over kim and break down decades of lenience in a few months.

You have to recognize, factually, that he has made more progress in 2 years than anyone has in 2 decades.

Or, just push aside logic and reasoning and keep reeing at the sky. Makes no difference to the rest of us.

If nothing's changed, it's not progress.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

When China folds?

Let's hope your wet dream comes true, America folds as an economic force on the globe and then...

Oh wait... you'd be owned by China then.

Might be more comfortable for you, being who you are...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...

If nothing's changed, it's not progress.

I must have missed all the times past presidents walked across the DMZ at north koreas request.

Yes, NOTHING has changed, not even the littlest thing.
edit on 23-8-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: links234

Democrats say only greedy/wealthy people and corporations have a stake in the stock market.

Do they?

CNN and MSNBC must think their viewers are wealthy/greedy, because they really talk a lot about the stock market...but only when it's down.

I remember Trump talking about it quite recently... but only when it's up.

When even Fox said it is down, Trump got all upset and said that they made a mistake. LOL.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So the market is up abou 3 trillion and youre complaing about a six hundred point dropt.. Where were you last week when it went up?a reply to: links234

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
A wise man once said

"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time..."

Seems most people now don't have the mental capacity and chose to

"I live my life a 24 hour CNN news cycle at a time..."
edit on 23-8-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

When China folds?

Let's hope your wet dream comes true, America folds as an economic force on the globe and then...

Oh wait... you'd be owned by China then.

Might be more comfortable for you, being who you are...

America dropping it protectionist policies and adopting free trade ones would not mean that it would be any less of an economic force.

Some might suggest that a country that tries to inhibit economic flow is in fact lessening its position of economic power in the world markets.

Money isn't worth much if it can't buy stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join