It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Michigan State University, the Word ‘but’ Is a Trigger

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

But, but, but, but, I'm highly offended by most of these posts. But I apologize. It's really no problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hate to correct you, BUT, you're not a fart monkey.

You're a big fat fart monkey!

"I apologize", "but", it's, " no problem"!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The people making these policies are less intelligent overall in social skills, so they assume all others will not be smart or mature enough to ignore such pettiness. Those making these policies don't comprehend that what seems to trigger them, do not bother other's and that these things aren't even something the average person would even bother thinking about.

These people are (willing) victims of social engineering and have become so far engulfed in political correctness, they can no longer see reality without creating mental and emotional band aids to put on everything.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I just don't understand how sensitive people have become I guess.

It is because it is getting to the stupid point.

Maybe California will annex Michigan.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

But I use "I Apologize" with no problem all day every day....

I will always prefer "I'm sorry you got all bent out of shape about it."

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: Dr UAE

thats it, im done with this kind of crap, when is the first trip to mars cause i want to leave now

Think it really is some mild form of mental illness mate - amazing that actual State Universities are promoting this ideology to students though.

Suppose it's only going to get worse but here's a great short film predicting the future of the education system in America:

Cheers.

this clip was posted here before on ATS and ive seen it, and thats another reason why i want to go to mars
edit on 21 8 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Don't you think your fellow travelers might get a little thin-skinned after a while?

id rather get thin skinned than listen to this crap, bring it on, #nextflighttomars

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I hate to correct you, BUT, you're not a fart monkey.

You're a big fat fart monkey!

"I apologize", "but", it's, " no problem"!!!

*triggered*

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

thats it, im done with this kind of crap, when is the first trip to mars cause i want to leave now

If I recall correctly, 2030 according to the Mars One site.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is absolutely ludicrous and one of the saddest yet funniest things I have read today.

The training told students that they should replace the apparent “triggers” with “calmers.” For example, “but” should be replaced with “and,” “I apologize” should be replaced with “I am truly sorry,” and “no problem” should be replaced with “you’re welcome, it was my pleasure.”

So I can say "I am truly sorry and you're welcome it was my pleasure." However, I cannot say "I apologize but no problem?"

How about you worry about getting a f'n education you losers! Is that triggering enough for you?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I apologize...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I apologize...

Trigger Level: EPIC

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Everything before "but" is...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I made Indian Butter chicken last night and sent my husband a picture of it.

He responded with “you said but”

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I like big buts and I cannot lie.

Soon though, we will be limited to clicking sounds and slow non-triggering arm movements to communicate with other genderless ugly bags of mostly water.

Sad, but funny as #.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The people making these policies are less intelligent overall in social skills, so they assume all others will not be smart or mature enough to ignore such pettiness. Those making these policies don't comprehend that what seems to trigger them, do not bother other's and that these things aren't even something the average person would even bother thinking about.

These people are (willing) victims of social engineering and have become so far engulfed in political correctness, they can no longer see reality without creating mental and emotional band aids to put on everything.

If what bothers me doesn't bother you?????? You Zir are a Nazi! This is the age of those who preach having a conversation means the damn opposite. FIRE UP THE OVENS BOYZ, time to eliminate those who are guilty of "Wrong Think".

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: SLAYER69

But I use "I Apologize" with no problem all day every day....

I will always prefer "I'm sorry you got all bent out of shape about it."

You mean the standard politician apology? "I'm sorry if *you* were offended ..."

In other words, I didn't do anything wrong. You were just being a butt head about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Soon though, we will be limited to clicking sounds and slow non-triggering arm movements to communicate with other genderless ugly bags of mostly water.

But I thought "jazz hands" was an approved response! Don't tell me it's gonna be taken away too

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
MSU its usually "do you want fries with that"

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

"Can I help you?" by the pedantic "How may I help you".

Which the latter is grammatically correct
Can means "able to"
So , the former is saying - "Am I able to help you ?"
Just sayin

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join