It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee’s Daughter Tells Quentin Tarantino to ‘Shut Up’ After Latest Comments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Who's this guy, Yul Brynner.

You forget Ipman, he trained Lee wing chun. All the way through that youtube video you posted i'm thinking as this dude is carrying on, yeah but Define 'real fight'? because you're using fists, because it's how the west does it, or the Europeans did it?

Not the actual Ipman.

edit on 15-8-2019 by TGunner because: (no reason given)

martial arts is traditionally used in defense, not attack, but there are 7 year olds doing this stuff on youtube who could probably kick everyone's ass on this thread.

edit on 15-8-2019 by TGunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: LABTECH767

There are about 2,000 videos of MMA guys destroying martial artists...

There is a reason that there is no Bruce lee type who is MMA champion..

Because most of traditional martial arts is garbage that does t really work in real situations..

Lee broke ranks on that point and began mixing styes and adding wrestling.. he was a legit fighter, but would almost certainly be smashed by ANY above average pro mma guy..

Kung foo, akido, , karate, exc.. sure they have got technique on a ouch or 2, but overall it is garbage.

What an ignorant comment. So you can't use any of these techniques to better you game in mma?

Muay Thai is Asian. Judo has been known to be highly useful for take downs. Karate has been proven with lyoto machida and George St Pierre and even Connor McGregor uses a karate stance. Kung fu was ruined because of wu shu but everything starts with Kung fu. And akido uses small joint manipulation that isn't allowed in mma. And jujitsu is still Japanese

So is not about the art it's about the fighter which is Bruce Lee's main philosophy.

Go read his book. jeet kune do is basically the guide book to mixed martial arts.
edit on 15-8-2019 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

No martial arts is traditionally used in tournaments..

Why do you think you have never see the stereotype tiny Chinese martial artist rape through ANY full contact fighting tournament??

Because physics matter..

If someone is stronger with longer reach, it matters..

A tourney situation where everyone is fighting the extant same way is one thing , and someone bulldozing you into the pavement and slamming your head again and again is another..

A street /mma fight is the former..

For example fencing..

Looks pretty , vs another fenced can be super effective..

But put up against an armored knight with sword and board.... he get ran the F over...

Fencing is not a street fight.. against an unskilled opponent, you might look good, but 2 masters going at it , the fencer loses every time.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Royce Gracie was crushing people twice his size.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Absolutely they have a punch here, or a kick there with solid tactics, but is the style over all effective??

Is the stereo type bad @$$ little old Chinese Kung fu master who could walk through a football team, real??

Bruce lee actually did start mixing in mma type stuff and was rejected by the traditional community for it..

I’m not sure it counts if only 2% of each style was legitimately effective?!?!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Royce Gracie was not traditional Asian martial arts...

The gracies founded mma basically..

And had to reject traditional martial arts and create their own to do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
He always has had a twat vibe tbh.

Probably didn't get his ass kicked enough.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Royce Gracie was not traditional Asian martial arts...

The gracies founded mma basically..

And had to reject traditional martial arts and create their own to do it.

Brazilian jujitsu is still jujitsu and they didn't found mma they helped but that's just egotistical Gracie BS.

They just realized a boxer sucks on the ground and and a wrestler can't stop submissions. 80% of fight end up on the ground. Had a massive advantage until people figured it out.

Hell even Kung fu has ground fighting it wasn't founded by the gracies to break an arm or choke someone out.

Most Asian martial arts are for war (samurai fighting in full armor which was aikido main use) and spiritual reasons such as shaolin monks and warrior monks. To say they don't work when they where used by actual warriors and not competition is BS from meat head Mma guys.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Royce Gracie was the face of mma that led to its existence.. were they the money and original idea??

No..

But he was the hulk hogan of mma..

Hulk was hulk with or without Vince McMahon

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Rickson Gracie would have eaten Bruce Lee for lunch and then had Brandon as dessert.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

More than that...

So have all these super stud Asian martial artists just allergic to thewealth and game proving their trade would provide?!?!

Do you really believe the whole “they are too disciplined “ or “they are too dangerous” nonsense??

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As well as Silva and countless other mma champs..

The best Kung fu artist on the planet doesn’t last 5 min with any super stud mma guy..

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Just wait until one of them uses the 2" Punch or the Five Step Exploding Heart Technique in the next UFC Championship.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don’t think the average professional Kung fu practitioner (someone that Kung fu is their livelyhood) could beat the average professional bar fighter (rough kneck who is presently 40 and has bar fought every other weekend since he was 16)..

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yea lol..

It is pretty outstanding the way the whole country fell for the “mysterious Far East” stuff..

Steven Sagal , frank dukes and there are 4-5 others who literally were training navy seals and such and it was all nonsense lol

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

Really the reason Lee and Norris existed is because Americans fell for the whole “mysterious Far East” narrative that pretended Asian martial arts were not some foo foo nonsense that barely worked, if it worked at all..

lol. He would whip your butt.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I swing a sledge hammer for 12 hours a day , 6 days a week...presently in 95 degree heat..

I am almost 40, have a full six pack and have not seen the inside of a gym in over a decade..aka every muscle on my body is “farmers muscle “ not the fake mainly for looks body building stuff..

I pity the domestic ( means air conditioner/office job, not sissy) who grabs ahold of me lol..

And that isn’t me saying anything crazy.. someone who can swing a 18lb sledge hammer for 10 hours in the heat tomorrow. Will fair better than someone who could not at anything like combat..

My first day when I was still a domestic after about the first hour I was killed and look over at the 53 year old, 5,3 Mexican still going strong, and I knew instantly that little joker would rip through me like a wet paper bag....

I can’t hurt him more than 12 hours of slinging a sledge hurts...

I can’t punch harder than someone who can swing a sledge all day...

And me having more endurance is totally laughable..

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

5 point exploding heart technique

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

More than that...

So have all these super stud Asian martial artists just allergic to thewealth and game proving their trade would provide?!?!

Do you really believe the whole “they are too disciplined “ or “they are too dangerous” nonsense??

Huh? China specifically doesn't even have Kung fu anymore used for competition. Wu shu is show martial arts with no practical purpose. You keep ranting about martial arts being fake or something. Do you even know what mma means?

Asian martial arts do work but you have to be good at every aspect of the game to compete in.... Mixed martial arts.

You act like someome who's focus is Taekwondo with take down and submission defense can't be successful in mma. Hell mma is so damn young as a sport we haven't even seen what's truly effective since everything has changed so drastically in such a short time and will continue to evolve.

So asians aren't good at mma?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don’t think the average professional Kung fu practitioner (someone that Kung fu is their livelyhood) could beat the average professional bar fighter (rough kneck who is presently 40 and has bar fought every other weekend since he was 16)..

Lol I'm done now. Do you even know a single person who studies Kung fu? Don't even respond because I'm sure you will say yes. I never studied Kung fu but I know a few and they would wipe the floor with an untrained fighter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join