It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee’s Daughter Tells Quentin Tarantino to ‘Shut Up’ After Latest Comments

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Nemox42

I been studying wing chun kung fu since I was 17. I have no clue what you mean by touching a shoulder just enough to interrupt his balance means. You sound like your a super master kung fu martial artist. Do you know the dim mak too? You know the one strike death attack?

No way I'm no master. Certainly didn't mean to come off that way.
And What I was referring to in my abilities came after intense
sparing in Ken po. I'm sure you will agree that certain people just
naturally have that "Killer instinct". You should also agree that
many who possess a black belt can perform all the katas and
even master weapons. But they just do not possess the killer
instinct. But I possessed it at a very young age to the point
where even as a beginner there were black belts that couldn't
compete. All that to say I excelled quickly and was all to
proficient for the street. What I tried to describe about
pulling an opponent off balance it's much easier just to show
than to describe. But wing chun where Lee developed Jeet kune
do from. The way of the intercepting fist. Devastating to say the least

I'm sure your an excellent fighter. I dunno about this killer instinct thing. But I do know sometimes its not the size of the dog but the size of fight in the dog that matters. I've seen plenty of non-trained street brawlers mop up "so called martial artist or MMA guys" with just pure brute force and street fighting experience. You ever seen someone get power bombed onto concrete? I don't think they teach that at karate or kung fu classes. Just saying. I never doubt any fighter. I learn that long ago when i got my ass whooped by a 5'3 fighter.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Yeah that gaw damn concrete don't give much I've noticed that! lol
I'm glad you don't just think I'm full of Ka Ka cause I really dislike that
in a person. I think we agree.

Damn it I forgot to mention depth perception and distance. I'm get'n old

edit on 18-8-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

All day long...

About 99% of a street fight is having the nuts to swing full blast, and usually swing first.

Whoever takes that first shot, standing still while the two opponents are bowing up to each other, both deciding if or who will swing first, often ends the fight..

I was famous in highschool for knocking down people who tried to tower over me. If your a smaller guy, in my experience a bigger person WILL ALWAYS, attempt to tower over you..

Well I would act like I wanted no part of a fight, put my hands palms facing them flat looking defensively. Take one step backwards, but not to retreat, to plant my back foot. Then instant change postures and rail them while they are still moving forward..

Nothing fancy after that either.. just feed them strait up the middle till someone pulls you off them

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

In my experience it is the killer instinct part that is the reason it is the “size of the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight.”

If we are assuming 2 people both with above average killer instinct. Size and strength matter..

Of course a master wing chun could beat some one who wasn’t a fighter, no matter the size..

But could he do that to some hardened inmate who fought street fights 2 times a week?!?!

I doubt it seriously

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

About 99% of a street fight is having the nuts to swing full blast, and usually swing first.

I stand corrected,
you're an oak!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

In my experience it is the killer instinct part that is the reason it is the “size of the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight.”

If we are assuming 2 people both with above average killer instinct. Size and strength matter..

Of course a master wing chun could beat some one who wasn’t a fighter, no matter the size..

But could he do that to some hardened inmate who fought street fights 2 times a week?!?!

I doubt it seriously

Like I said in the previous post. I've seen un-trained street brawlers mop so called martial artist before. It's really about how much you want it and how much damage you can take. My master use to call it "suffering" or how much punishment you can take. Example, muay thai fighters, they kick bamboo trees at age 5. Their professional fighting career for most ends around mid-20s, why? because it's such a destructive art that if you keep doing it eventually something is going give.
I never put my bets down on a fighter until I see some footwork, precision, speed, and power. I seen a plenty of big guys get their ass knocked down by smaller guys who just wanted it more.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join