It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird posting problem.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So I got this weird problem don't know if is some kind of bug but.....

I post on a thread, hit "post" and when the thread reloads my post is not the last post, yet when I look on "MyATS", my post is showing as the last post. It stays that way until someone else posts and then my post appears where it should in the thread.

I also noticed that when I quoted a picture the entire post compressed to the right side of the screen.

So whats going on?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yup, in the ‘Look at the ears and nose...the corpse and Epstein really do not match’ thread. I see in MyATS that you posted last. Yet when I go to the thread — no post from you there. It’s been a while too, still not showing up. I’ve noticed it in almost all the Epstein threads. But maybe that’s because I’ve been consumed on catching up on this debacle all morning.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

yeah only seem to be noticing it on that thread but I think I have seen it happen on another thread that was also related to Epstein. I don't think its connected probably just because those are the most popular threads right now.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I also noticed that when I quoted a picture the entire post compressed to the right side of the screen.

Got a link for that?
Sounds like a bb code issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Interesting, now a ton of posts show up as if all the comments were there for those people to respond to. Maybe this is specific to our devices. I’m using an iPad and Safari.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Interesting, now a ton of posts show up as if all the comments were there for those people to respond to. Maybe this is specific to our devices. I’m using an iPad and Safari.

Also using Safari but on a Mac

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Got a link for that?
Sounds like a bb code issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Delete all your browser instances and clear out all your cookies. Relogin and see if the problem is still occurring. Maybe it's an HTTP context issue and not a server programming issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

fixed that one

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I fixed the post's BB code error. Check to see if it's fixed on your end.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I fixed the post's BB code error. Check to see if it's fixed on your end.

Heff you modding again?

..... its still happening if you look on that thread I am the last person to post but its not showing up.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Delete all your browser instances and clear out all your cookies. Relogin and see if the problem is still occurring. Maybe it's an HTTP context issue and not a server programming issue.

Other members are noticing it though.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Never stopped modding.

Does the post that's not showing up happen to include a string of nested posts? Replying to a reply of a reply... etc?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Never stopped modding.

Does the post that's not showing up happen to include a string of nested posts? Replying to a reply of a reply... etc?

Hahaha well welcome back buddy

errr not really its just normal posting I hit reply and thats what happens, no nesting...I posted a couple that simply said test and they took ages to show up.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Ah I think I'm up to speed now. The broken post on page 2 wasn't the issue - it's that you're showing as the last person to post to that thread in the feed but - that - post isn't showing up in thread.

I theoretically fixed the broken post on page 2 but there's so much BB code in that reply that it might be breaking the entire thread.

I'm going to fully edit the post on page #2 out to see if that fixes things. If not I'll keep it copy/pasted so I can put it back in.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Appreciate it buddy!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I removed the post and reloaded things, didn't fix the last post issue - so I put the page #2 post back in.

This might be above my pay grade. I'll keep digging to see if I can figure this out.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yep same problem here, that same thread KKLOCO mention's, probably a slow server update or a database error they do occur.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Same thing happened to me today for the first time.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've found and removed three separate and potentially thread breaking BB code errors from the thread. Everything left seems to look OK.

My hunch is there's a server side issue which I can't fix.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join