It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Rule Would Penalize Immigrants For Needing Benefits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The thing that gets me is this isn't new.

For over two decades all immigrant into the US must sign they will not become a burden. You have to have a sponsor, or enough savings to even get a visa. Sponsors sign that they will repay the government if required.

I don't know why we keep making laws we don't enforce. Of course Trump will be blamed for a decades old law that every immigrant is made aware of before they are permitted in and know can cause them to be ineligible for change of status, eg they can't get a green card, work permit or Naturalize.

Not following the law is unfair to the millions of immigrant who had to work hard to save, find sponsors and keep themselves in status all these years.

edit on 12-8-2019 by Identified because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Why should the words on a plaque in NY dictate policy to the rest of the country?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

If you came here dirt poor, how could the paper pusher stamping your paperwork gonna know you won’t need assistance???

He can’t possibly know that.. the fact your comming in dirt poor, mathematically guaranteed your family would need assistance...

Maybe your family pulled it off without it, but now they would not be getting the chance..

Now the fact that you were comming in dirt poor would be an instant rejection
edit on 12-8-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

PS it was an abbreviation for Swedish..

Just like Brit was an abbreviation for British..

That is how abbreviations work. You shorten a word so you don’t need to type out the whole word.

:p
edit on 12-8-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It's cruel to home invaders to put locks on your doors.
Love that lefty logic.

Oh how droll. This game is so juvenile.

Why do you think everyone who doesn't look like you is a home invader Mr. righty?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

The thing that gets me is this isn't new.

For over two decades all immigrant into the US must sign they will not become a burden. You have to a sponsor or enough savings to even get a visa. Sponsors sign that they will repay the government if required. This is nothing new.

I don't know why we keep making laws we don't enforce. Of course Trump we be blamed for a decades old law that every immigrant is made aware of before they are permitted in and know can cause them to be ineligible for change of status, eg they can't get a green card, work permit or Naturalize.

Not following the law is unfair to the millions of immigrant who had to work hard to save, find sponsors and keep themselves in status all these years.

Ahhh so that must be the change..

They used to take your word you won’t use assistance..

Now they are just rejecting those likely to use assistance.

Aka anyone comming in poor or middle class..

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Unsure why you are upset that the US wants to enforce immigration policies comparable to the rest of the world.

I'm not upset I just think the move is kicking the poorest in your country while the fat cats continue supping all the cream.
Trump is a fat cat so it really is no surprise , love how ATS members now support the 1%.

You realise that you just placed all American citizens in the '1%', right? Or do you?
Do you actually believe that 99% of the US population is made of of non citizens and non citizen parents with citizen children? I ask, because they will be the people affected and your comment suggests you actually have no clue as to what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

If they decided to start rejecting applications of people who potentially will need assistance, rather than taking their word for it..

That is a pretty big change...

Sounds to me like it would exclude anyone who wasn’t independently wealthy, since those are the only people likely to not use assistance when moving to a new place..

How could ANY even lower middle class person guarantee they won’t need assistance????

No one living pay check to pay check can promos that honestly.. one life disaster and poof.. you need assistance..

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Love that lefty logic.

Why do you think everyone who doesn't look like you is a home invader Mr. righty?

I don't care if they are my doppelganger, anyone that comes here just to feed off the teat of Americans with nothing in return, is an invader!
edit on 12-8-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How do you know why anyone comes here?!?!

This reminds me of the “she keeps having kids for more welfare!!” BS..

No one ever had a kid for welfare... welfare won’t fully pay for a child..

They have kids for countless other stupid reason... usually “keep a man” babies.. but the thought that people are losing money to have more kids for less welfare than it takes to raise those kids, is stupid..

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Pretty much every immigrant signs an I-864 known as the Affidavit of Support. You are supposed to attach bank records, W-2s or W-4s. True the government rarely ever enforced it, unfortunately.

If you have no family here or a job pending here, or you are not coming here for school then what Visa are you exactly entering the US on? You don't just get to come to the US because you thought this would be a nice place to live.

Certain people like Special Immigrants with an I-360 don't require an Affidavit of Support. But if you come pretty much any other way it isn't an overwhelming burden to sign the I-864 and actually abide by it.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I just love how this article is worded. "Penalize". Immigration supporters call it cruel!! CRUEL! Funny how they don't find that it is cruel to the US taxpayer, paying for these costs.

Penalize seems an appropriate word , if people move to America and take menial jobs with low pay like working as a cleaner or as hospitality in a golf resort for example they will be treated as second class citizens by the state as well as the people.

Are all immigrants bad now ?

Canada does the same thing. If you dont maintain a $750k investment inside Canada (that amount might be more now) it is not easy to get here. Unless you are sponsored you are told what town you will live in for at least 2 years before you can move where you please.

Is Canada racist? I do not apologize if that is found to be the case.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So if a student comes here for an internship or school on a Visa they're also expected to support themselves? Yikes... rich people only I guess.
edit on 12-8-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

They have kids for countless other stupid reason... usually “keep a man” babies.. but the thought that people are losing money to have more kids for less welfare than it takes to raise those kids, is stupid..

I'm sorry but I have to say this, you are ignorant...

There are absolutely people that have kids for welfare. I'm not saying all or a lot, but there are absolutely people that do it. I have a good friend that is a teacher. She told me a heartbreaking story about a girl that could have been an Olympic track star. This is her own student, not a story. She found out this student quit the track team and she asked her why. She said in her family every girl was to have a baby at 16. All the girls were expected to have a baby so they could get more government "perks". This is not a joke, or a story, this is reality.

Read this article, there are reasons states want to limit the number of kids or "intentional pregnancies" to those on welfare.
calmatters.org...

There are better alternatives to help lift people out of poverty than simply increasing their welfare payments when they have more children,” the report read. It highlighted a bill by Mayes that would have rewarded CalWORKs beneficiaries with higher aid grants if they obtain high school and college degrees. That bill died in the Assembly appropriations committee last November.

edit on 12-8-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Love that lefty logic.

I don't care if they are my doppelganger, anyone that comes here just to feed off the teat of Americans with nothing in return, is an invader!

What about the ones that aren't coming here to feed off the teat of Americans. I guess they can't be trusted either, eh? Or is it a trick question because they're all coming here to feed off the teat of Americans /sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ever even visited the UK? The stamp this on your passport: No Employment. No public funds. Get out soon. Want to immigrate to Canada? Prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself. Over and over again, throughout the world, counties say that if you want to come here, fine, but support yourself because you're not getting welfare. Now WTF is the problem with the USA saying the same thing?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: JustJohnny

...This is not a joke, or a story, this is reality.

Uh, well is sure smells like a 'story' to me. But I'll humor you; I guess you're intimating that because someone somewhere may abuse the system then nobody should have those benefits?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Of course they are supposed to support themselves if they come here for school. Also student visas are not eligible for permanent resident status. Students are only here for school, sometimes can't even get work permits and once they are done with school either require an employer sponsorship or just leave the country.

Why would you think a student should also get public assistance?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I just love how this article is worded. "Penalize". Immigration supporters call it cruel!! CRUEL! Funny how they don't find that it is cruel to the US taxpayer, paying for these costs.

Penalize seems an appropriate word , if people move to America and take menial jobs with low pay like working as a cleaner or as hospitality in a golf resort for example they will be treated as second class citizens by the state as well as the people.

Are all immigrants bad now ?

Ah, spoken as a true foreigner with no horse in the race.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Now WTF is the problem with the USA saying the same thing?

My guess it's only a problem to those that are reaping the benefits!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As is apparent with every thread, tweet, post, op Ed etc.... I ever read on US immigration policy the main problem is most of the people commenting are completely ignorant of the law and procedures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join