It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Rule Would Penalize Immigrants For Needing Benefits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Pretty sure that’s how it already works here in Canada.
Don’t see the problem with it.
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No, only illegal immigrants are bad because they hurt our economy and add drugs and crime to our society. This policy will make all legal immigrants great additions to the country.

Unsure why you are upset that the US wants to enforce immigration policies comparable to the rest of the world. Maybe you should protest your own countries immigration policies if you think they're too strict.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Unsure why you are upset that the US wants to enforce immigration policies comparable to the rest of the world.

I'm not upset I just think the move is kicking the poorest in your country while the fat cats continue supping all the cream.
Trump is a fat cat so it really is no surprise , love how ATS members now support the 1%.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Unsure why you are upset that the US wants to enforce immigration policies comparable to the rest of the world.

I'm not upset I just think the move is kicking the poorest in your country while the fat cats continue supping all the cream.
Trump is a fat cat so it really is no surprise , love how ATS members now support the 1%.

No way, this is 100% supporting the middle class.
We are the ones that pay the most taxes. If we have to pay I'd rather it be for the citizen we currently have.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

We are the ones that pay the most taxes.

Exactly.
I wonder how much better off you would be if the super rich paid the taxes they should pay in proportion to their earnings.

That is the injustice not the working poor getting given a few scraps for their effort.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

We are the ones that pay the most taxes.

Exactly.
I wonder how much better off you would be if the super rich paid the taxes they should pay in proportion to their earnings.

That is the injustice not the working poor getting given a few scraps for their effort.

Guess what, people can want the super rich to pay taxes and ALSO for poor, uneducated, going right on welfare immigrants to stay in their own country.

It is not injustice to want the best for ones country. It is an injustice to expect working Americans to support those that come here and don't/can't work.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Guess what, people can want the super rich to pay taxes and ALSO for poor, uneducated, going right on welfare immigrants to stay in their own country.

It is not injustice to want the best for ones country. It is an injustice to expect working Americans to support those that come here and don't/can't work.

I said the working poor , those on benefits because they need them because they are on low wages.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Violater1

We fought an itty bitty piece of the British army and only won independence because of a change in parliament....

The colonists has it great under the British rulership.. the founding fathers just seized power because they could..

The colonists has the lowest taxes I the empire and the crown only wanted back the money they sent them to fight off the French..

Not that anyone else had any better justification for rulership..... but America’s wasn’t magically the only justified rebellion in history lol..

The only rebellion that was less justified was the confederacy

Is that crap what they teach in school nowadays ?
No dang wonder the US is in the shape it is in.

On topic - There is no set "refugee rules" in the US
Just set "immigration laws"

edit on 8/12/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is this anything new? When my wife applied for her green card I had to submit an assload of paperwork to demonstrate that she wouldn't be a financial burden on the United States.

This was almost a decade ago.

I have to do the same each time her parents need a visa to visit.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So exactly what should happen then. My wife had to sign a paper saying she would not use benefits.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If they can not get a job that pays them enough to live they can return home and do it.

link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Is this anything new? When my wife applied for her green card I had to submit an assload of paperwork to demonstrate that she wouldn't be a financial burden on the United States.

This was almost a decade ago.

I have to do the same each time her parents need a visa to visit.

Is this anything new?

No

I had to submit an assload of paperwork to demonstrate that she wouldn't be a financial burden on the United States.

Which is not really that hard to prove as opposed to some other countries.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Wow, you are good!

If China moves, in force, with force, against these protests and thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of Hong Kongese are forced to flee their island, or face Chinese arrest and reprisals

In the first place, asylum laws are not affected by this Executive Order. What you just described falls under the definition of "political asylum." "I want to come to the US so I won't be as poor" does not.

Secondly, Hong Kong is a bustling economy. The probability is high that most refugees from there would have marketable skills and thus not be affected by the Executive Order.

Thirdly, Hong Kong is literally on the other side of the planet. Why would someone desperately trying to escape political oppression go to the furthest country away from them?

Fourthly, if China is oppressing these poor people, why are you blaming the USA and specifically Donald Trump?

That is one heck of a talent you got there! I couldn't get that much wrong in so few words if my like depended on it!

ETA: Maybe I spoke too soon. JustJohnny just outdid you in a post so ludicrous I can't even figure out how to respond to it. You guys having a contest or something?

TheRedneck

In the first place, the difference between “immigrant” and “asylum seeker” (political or otherwise) is, for all practical purposes, very much a matter of which administration is interpreting the law at any particular time.

Folks labeled as terrorists by their own government and fleeing with nothing but the clothes on their backs can be “political asylum seekers”, while folks from Central and South American countries fleeing violence and reprisals from gangs, drug cartels, and corrupt government(s) are held at arms length as economic opportunists and potential terrorists.

Secondly, you seem to fail to understand that it not the well paid professionals who are fighting the HK police in the streets; China didn’t just direct the flight attendants and baggage handlers of Cathay Air to fire any of the airline’s executives who take part in the in-going demonstrations.

It’s the shop workers, street vendors and students who are leading these protests. As it seems it always is. These are the folks who will be the first to feel the boot of oppression, and who will comprise the majority of the refugee stream, not professionals with “marketable skills”.

Thirdly, when you flee for your life you go wherever you can first, but you try, ultimately to get as far away from your oppressor as possible. Why are there so many immigrants from Russia, Poland, Hungary, et al in the US instead of, say Turkey or Ireland then?

You wouldn’t be suggesting that Asian refugees should only flee to other “Asian” countries would you?

And Fourth(ly); I never mentioned the orange one anywhere in my previous posts on this thread, not to mention, “blame” anything on him.

Nor did I blame the US in anyway for anything.

I did pose a question relating to how the US will morally reconcile its treatment of one group of people from one part of the world seeking the much the same protection as another group of people from a different part of the world may potentially seek in light if this regulation.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much (and too soon)!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with anything you are posting on. Immigrants should not be consuming American tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Stop watching fake news. No immigrant from any part of the world should be consuming tax dollars. Asian refugees should flee to Asia. Asian immigrants are welcome to come to the US.

Do you really think the US can hold every refugee in the world?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hmmm. As far as I know it's basically impossible to immigrate to most countries if you are not at least firmly middle class and employable. I'm pretty sure (for example) that countries like Germany and the UK do not want welfare cases and will not allow said people to immigrate easily.

The US seems to be the only desirable country (to live in) that is expected to just let anyone walk right in and make themselves at home without even applying for citizanship. I have known people who wanted to move to places like Japan (for example) and even Japan will boot you out once your time is up and will not grant citizenship to just anyone. Even some of the South American #holes where the economy sucks and pretty much everything is crap do not want immigrants who can't support themselves.

Nobody wants more people who can't support themselves. Why should the US be any different? I'm just asking. It's not a racist thing. I don't care what people look like. I'm just saying that the US is not the paradise it might be cracked up to be and there are plenty of people who were born here who can barely support themselves. There are opportunities but they are not guarantees. Realistically, what are we going to do with a bunch more people who are just going to end up in prison or on the streets? Shouldn't people who were born here get first dibs on life? And I don't mean "just white people". There are many brown people here who need help and should get priority over someone (of any ethnicity) who sneaks across the border. Yes. It's selfish but you gotta draw the line somewhere.
edit on 12-8-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's cruel to home invaders to put locks on your doors.
Love that lefty logic.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
...How many of you will say that the Mexican government is penalizing me?
:

So far, nobody.

I figured as much.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Do you really think the US can hold every refugee in the world?

I certainly think it could do a better job of trying.

Remember Give me your Poor...etc.?

It’s written on a plaque, on a really cool statue in New York harbor. You might have learned it school.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I just love how this article is worded. "Penalize". Immigration supporters call it cruel!! CRUEL! Funny how they don't find that it is cruel to the US taxpayer, paying for these costs.

Penalize seems an appropriate word , if people move to America and take menial jobs with low pay like working as a cleaner or as hospitality in a golf resort for example they will be treated as second class citizens by the state as well as the people.

Are all immigrants bad now ?

No, all immigrants who go to a country and with the full knowledge that they will be unable to support themselves, expecting the tax payers of that country to pay them money for nothing, are bad.

It is beyond stupid to suggest that a person is penalised because they don't get a hand out. Stay in their own country. Easy.

edit on 12/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join