It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not about taking guns away. . . . .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
. . . Sure, they want to do that, they want to ban guns.

But that's secondary.

The powers that be, the authoritarians in DC want to remove a right. They want to show who is in charge. They want to establish their authority.

The uppity, upstarts, the great unwashed of America actually think they are in charge. The authoritarians in DC want them to know that they aren't.

It's about removing rights, removing freedoms because they can any time they want.

They (the authoritarians) want to assert their authority. They want to eliminate this crazy idea that the people are in charge.

Once they can convince enough people to cede their rights, then they'll have reached a threshold that will precipitate the removal of other rights.

They could care less about guns because they will never lose theirs. They want to finally show America that it is ruled with an iron fist and that the freedoms we all hold dear are nothing but an illusion that they allow us.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Human beings have rights.

Constructs like governments and society do not.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
anyone with a brain larger than a walnut HAS to realize that guns are not making people do things...they are not controlling our brains. mental health is the culprit here, plain and simple

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Human beings have rights.

Constructs like governments and society do not.

Agreed.

try saying that in DC and you'll be shouted down as a naziracisthomophobehiterhatermeaniebadpersonwhospankspuppies.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Most people would rather risk being killed in a public place by a nutter than risk being killed by a well-meaning but nefarious government because they have no weapons with which to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
anyone with a brain larger than a walnut HAS to realize that guns are not making people do things

That rules out Liberals.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's why Constitutional Supreme Court justices are sooooo important (like Antonin Scalia was).

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So, we now have a situation where some deranged and damaged person commits suicide and takes some other people with them.

What happens when one of these people gets a WMD of some type? Perhaps a Crispr engineered superbug or an advanced physics package.

The issue is not if such a thing will happen, but when.

Technology will give the capability and will also democratize it so it is in nearly everyone's hands. It is inevitable.

Deaths, not in the tens or hundreds, but potentially in the millions.

It isn't about the particular weapon. We still need to protect ourselves. And the threat isn't local. It could affect people across the planet or come from anywhere across the planet.

We need to design an Earth-wide 'immune system' against this stuff. For humanity's sake, not some government, party or lobby group.

Do, or die.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

That's why Constitutional Supreme Court justices are sooooo important (like Antonin Scalia was).

You think 9 lawyers in robes are going to stop the authoritarians in DC?

It would only stop them if they believed in the Constitution in the first place.

Hell, if the authoritarians believed in the Constitution then we'd not even be discussing this.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It looks as if the government has succeeded in it's ultimate endeavor to ensure the erosion of freedom. We as a people are no longer a people who deserves freedoms, because we let them do it.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I really truly wish people understood what "inalienable" rights mean. These are not rights granted by any government. They can't be taken away. If any government tries to take them away it's the right and duty of the citizens to defend themselves against such tyranny. They are god-given rights.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I agree.

But don't you think the authoritarians have already thought of this and have plans in place?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Whats really bothering me is, again tonight we're seeing the MSM inciting violence towards people who support a president and think diff than they do, and all the while proclaiming that the people they are hoping to be violently rid of, are the ones causing the violence. I just cant understand how this is justified and allowed to continue. Its INCITING VIOLENCE, pure and simple. I'm honestly at a loss to even begin to understand how this is okay?????? Its NOT FREE SPEECH, its a call to commit acts of violence against people they disagree with! EFFF man, has all sense been lost at this point?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Well said my friend..and accurate.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Best pie chart EVER!

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: sine.nomine

I agree.

But don't you think the authoritarians have already thought of this and have plans in place?

Of course I do. That doesn't mean the people should lay down. We should be educating our citizenry on this. It's been a slow takeover, and I understand fully what you're talking about. That doesn't mean we should roll over.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
. . . has all sense been lost at this point?

Yeah. . . pretty much.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Whats really bothering me is, again tonight we're seeing the MSM inciting violence towards people who support a president and think diff than they do, and all the while proclaiming that the people they are hoping to be violently rid of, are the ones causing the violence. I just cant understand how this is justified and allowed to continue. Its INCITING VIOLENCE, pure and simple. I'm honestly at a loss to even begin to understand how this is okay?????? Its NOT FREE SPEECH, its a call to commit acts of violence against people they disagree with! EFFF man, has all sense been lost at this point?

Hence the gun grab.
I wonder if Trump really wants to win the next election? He needs to step it up on this issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I really truly wish people understood what "inalienable" rights mean. These are not rights granted by any government. They can't be taken away. If any government tries to take them away it's the right and duty of the citizens to defend themselves against such tyranny. They are god-given rights.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.
thats absolutely the point:"inalienable" means outside the bounds of man. It goes well beyond guns, rather it refers to each persons ability to own or create implements capable of preserving their own freedom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join