It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shootings madnesss...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So, to be true: I don’t really know what I am going at in this topic... I hope anyone can help me in what I am trying to say... There has been a shooting at El Paso tonight (for me it is night anyway). I understand the US gun laws. As a European I tend not to have a too strong opinion about it, besides that you should at least have a culture of owning a gun, to understand real gun-ownership.
It is just... how can you walk into your local store... where you do your shoppings like every day, or the other day... where you know the cassieres, some to slow, some just too pretty, some just stupid. Just the other day, you walk i and just start shooting people. Ending their lifes with your weapon of choice. How would any person get to this point?
I do not want to get into a gun or no-gun fight. But what is wrong with people???
In general i think guns in the hands of good folks prevent trouble.

My question to you is: list 20 of you close friends and family. Then picture them killed by some *******. Just as happened in this instance... I cannot think of all the personality and wisdom that is lost in just this insane shooting.

I just cannot get a grip of what I am going at... Can anyone understand what I am trying to say...
edit on 3-8-2019 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

just cannot get a grip of what I am going at... Can anyone understand what I am trying to say..

Yes, but only because I’m ripped....

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hi Goedhardt,

In my understanding some mass shootings are neither random nor
perpetrated by frustrated people with mental issues. If you’re
open to the possibility of uncovering the patterns of
conspiratorial craft, I suggest starting with Fletcher Prouty's
book The Secret Team.

Protect yourself.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm sure as we learn more and more about this guy in the coming days, we'll discover the usual, he was a loner, a confused angry young man filled with hate. What we won't find out however, is if he was on any medication. From the photos I've seen so far and based on the testimony of some of the witnesses, he was very stoic and calm almost like he was in a trance.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Why did people take up weapons and fight in large wars, travel across the world just to kill others, etc, historically?

To us it may seem so foreign of a concept, but to those who actually went out and did these things it made perfect sense most of the time.

The thing here is that it can be difficult to understand the psychology of others until we walk a mile in their shoes, then we will start to understand.

The media will condemn the shooter and everyone will talk about how horrible and evil it all was, and suggest more control-freak solutions - but really what is going on here is that we have a lack of love and compassion in society.

Certain people in our society are completely ignored and treated like crap by others, and when they seek help they are spoken to very negatively and mistreated. These people look around and see that others are treated well and comforted over the slightest issues. They see a disproportionate system of compassion.

That is actually why these shootings are happening. In order for someone to sacrifice their own life in order to harm and kill others they must have no reason to live themselves.

Why would they care what others feel or think when no one cares what they feel or think?
So in a strange way, these shootings are a form of vigilante justice of the sorts.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
I'm sure as we learn more and more about this guy in the coming days, we'll discover the usual, he was a loner, a confused angry young man filled with hate. What we won't find out however, is if he was on any medication. From the photos I've seen so far and based on the testimony of some of the witnesses, he was very stoic and calm almost like he was in a trance.

With the way I see people treat each other these days, I suspect there are literally millions of confused angry young people full of hate that feel all alone and lost in a society that doesn't care about them.

And then there are those who can post a photo of themselves on social media and say "I'm sad today" and 500 people instantly rush to their aid caring so deeply about their feelings.

This type of continuous cycle will only further generate feelings of anger, confusion, hate, and loneliness in those not fortunate enough to have supporters offering love and compassion for them at every step.

It is a self-fulfilling prophecy of the sorts. A system that only gets worse as it continues forward.

Just merely handing out pills to people is certainly not the answer to this. It is a social problem and I don't really see any way to solve it. There is no way to control how others treat each other. It will probably continue happening at a quickening pace as it snowballs down the hill.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Well yes, if we are to consider the possibility that the Secret Team was behind this event, and that there is a conspiracy behind it, you would be correct. Thanks for mentioning that book by the way, here's a quote from the wiki on it...

The Secret Team, or ST, is a phrase coined by L. Fletcher Prouty in 1973, alleging a covert alliance between the United States' military, intelligence, and private sectors to influence political decisions. He suggests the existence of a covert alliance between certain people within the U.S. intelligence community, the United States military, and American private industry who use their collective wealth, influence, and resources to manipulate current events to steer public policy and maximize profits. The term is pejorative since he accuses the organizations of prioritizing their personal fortunes above the national interest, as well as eliminating any opposition, whether through targeted propaganda or assassination.

It also recommends this book, The Power Elite, by C Wright Mills:

The Power Elite is a 1956 book by sociologist C. Wright Mills, in which Mills calls attention to the interwoven interests of the leaders of the military, corporate, and political elements of society and suggests that the ordinary citizen is a relatively powerless subject of manipulation by those entities.

According to Mills, the eponymous "power elite" are those that occupy the dominant positions, in the dominant institutions (military, economic and political) of a dominant country, and their decisions (or lack of decisions) have enormous consequences, not only for the U.S. population but, "the underlying populations of the world."

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
From the photos I've seen so far and based on the testimony of some of the witnesses, he was very stoic and calm almost like he was in a trance.

The vacant, robotic, expressionless look on his face is one of the hallmarks of the Manchurian Candidate mass shooter.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Humans die. It's as simple as that.

Everyone you know and love today will die. There are millions of reasons why. You will die, too. Everyone who has ever lived will die. One thing we cannot give anyone, so far, is eternal life.

What we can give people today, and tomorrow, are rights. There are people who have sacrificed their lives for the rights we have today. And one of the greatest things we can do is pass on those rights to future generations. If it costs us our lives, then so be it. Isn't that why we have a military? If preserving our rights is not worth dying for, then why should we fight anyone who wants to take them?

It might have saved lives, temporarily, if we never fought WW2, the Civil War, or the Revolutionary War. But all of those people would still be dead today. Thanks to their sacrifice, we do have a Bill of Rights, slavery (in some forms) is not legal, and we are not part of the Third Reich. I, for one, appreciate their sacrifice and I am not willing to give up what they gave their lives for.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You make a good point. Pills are only tiny part of the problem, and it actually goes much much deeper on a society level, something that leaves people feeling empty, lonely, and desperate for attention. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, perhaps it's a combination of many things. Like the fact that most people don't know their neighbors or anyone else in their community. Technology may play a part, for all its wonders and conveniences, it also really isolates people. Everything is done online so no one leaves their house. There’s something about talking to a person face to face, seeing their eyes, reading their body language, that helps us feel, well human. Phone calls are being replaced by text messages or emails, so this to removes another human element. I could go on rambling like an old man, but you see where I'm getting at, and I guess that's a whole other discussion.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
50 plus years of cultural madness. A theft of normal values and morals.

However, to think this is purely a modern thing is to be completely naive. There have always been confused men AND women with nothing left to do that have done horrible things to their fellow human beings.

And actually, there have been culturally sanctioned mass murder of millions of humans before guns even existed. Read a good book on the history of Ghengis Khan. The cruelty that man and his tribe were capable of is absolutely amazing. And the more cruel, the more richly rewarded.

In this day and time, you have a freak that wants to be like that and since we are removed from that behavior in a cultural sense it is hard to understand or even deal with. However, there could be a time, any time, where constant cruel actions become the norm.

I hope not, but when I talk to younger westerners these days, they are so confused and confounded that I wonder at times if that sort of thing isnt very close to happening again.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It's the " Deep State " at it Again . These Events have been a Pattern over the Last 10 Years . PSYOP 101 .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Humans die. It's as simple as that.

Everyone you know and love today will die. There are millions of reasons why. You will die, too. Everyone who has ever lived will die. One thing we cannot give anyone, so far, is eternal life.

What we can give people today, and tomorrow, are rights. There are people who have sacrificed their lives for the rights we have today. And one of the greatest things we can do is pass on those rights to future generations. If it costs us our lives, then so be it. Isn't that why we have a military? If preserving our rights is not worth dying for, then why should we fight anyone who wants to take them?

It might have saved lives, temporarily, if we never fought WW2, the Civil War, or the Revolutionary War. But all of those people would still be dead today. Thanks to their sacrifice, we do have a Bill of Rights, slavery (in some forms) is not legal, and we are not part of the Third Reich. I, for one, appreciate their sacrifice and I am not willing to give up what they gave their lives for.

Love what you wrote there Doom!
Excellent post!!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
lolll its an hard job to earn an place in the NRA's hall of fame !

serious… is this the way to get amerka great again ?

everybody yelling that Amerika is threatend by other country's ...but in fact the biggest danger lies in the nation itself…

please do'nt give up youre guns ...use them ! thats the message the arms-lobby gives you (for the profit of them) sigh

God bless you ..bet he owns an M16 too….

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
A militia could mean just one person.

This second amendment is preventing people from "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". Don't agree, just ask the 29 people who died yesterday. Oh wait, you can't.

I guess there's nothing we can do other than just sit back and let the mass shootings continue. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Stop watching TV and going movies you find immoral. Maybe the problem is not Hollywood but what the American people continue to purchase. In the words of Michael Jackson:

"gonna make a difference..."

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Fools

Stop watching TV and going movies you find immoral. Maybe the problem is not Hollywood but what the American people continue to purchase. In the words of Michael Jackson:

"gonna make a difference..."

A little off topic , that last album bad must have ruffled a few feather's, interesting...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I work at a place with secured entry and all that. A disgruntled employee who was fired entered the building and brushed shoulders with me as he walked by. He was later arrested by the police with a cache of guns in his car.

I still don't feel threatened going to work or the store. ...probably should, but I don't.

People are messed up. If you're gonna shoot me them so be it. Could've just as easily been a knife wielder. I'd probably rather be shot.

*Shrug*

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Double post.

I LOVE YOU ALL

edit on 4-8-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
That is actually why these shootings are happening. In order for someone to sacrifice their own life in order to harm and kill others they must have no reason to live themselves.

That's true, but why take innocent people with them?

They gain nothing except a dubious fame by doing it, so that's what they want, fame? To know their name will be in the news all over the world?

To me, that looks more like an egotistic action than an action from someone desperate with their own problems, some that prefers to affect other people's life than dealing with their own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join