It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Citizens of Good Will?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FyreByrd

Remember how the Afforadable Care Act was supposed to make health care cheaper and available to all?

Exactly. Gotta pass it to see what's in it.

Oh, yes let's pass it with no idea of what's in it, that sounds real convincing!

Definitely learned a lesson about dem plans with that one.
edit on 27-7-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I'm having trouble understanding why the bills passed in the house to better secure our US election/voting systems were summarily tabled.

Because some, sadly, put party—and power—over country and democracy.

What if there's more to the bill that we don't see? What if they're putting the country over the partisanship?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh look, someone must have snuck in here and put this full box of ballots in my closet while I was asleep. And look at this, they all used purple ink and used the same style of check mark beside Franken's name. What a coincidence. Well, let's get em counted!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'm having trouble understanding why the bills passed in the house to better secure our US election/voting systems were summarily tabled.

Because Republican know that Donald Trump can't win without outside help, and they need to keep him in office to overthrow the middle class and whatever clout they, the middle class, might have had, especially their voice and their vote.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

This is one area I feel Republicans deserve criticism, at least the ones in the Senate.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The House failed to pass a number of Republican bills intended to address the issue as well. Lets not pretend that it was just Democrat election-related bills that were rejected. Here's a list of bills introduced that, at least according to the search engine, have some relation to elections (some seem questionable, at least by title, but whatever; I'm not sifting through them all).

The fact is, the vast majority of bills introduced into Congress fail for one reason or another.
edit on 27-7-2019 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Hope it goes through.

They have already been table - so the Senate will never vote on them.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Remember how the Afforadable Care Act was supposed to make health care cheaper and available to all?

Healthcare costs were going to go up regardless of the ACA. And the ACA did make health care available to those that didn't have access before.

WTF - are you talking about. STOP being a shill for intrenched interests. I thiknk the kids call it being a TOOL.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.

It's called a Red Herring, or a distraction from the actual content of the discussion. I know how the video generations just love their distractions.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Nothing to see here, everything is OK!

McConnell said he wouldn't allow a vote on the bills because they were "so partisan," but, as previously reported, earlier this year McConnell received a slew of donations from four of the top voting machine lobbyists in the country.

MITCH MCCONNELL RECEIVED DONATIONS FROM VOTING MACHINE LOBBYISTS BEFORE BLOCKING ELECTION SECURITY BILLS

Stop with the caps lock already, Lamestream Media! Just coincidences. Harmless coincidences. Trust your voting-machine!

Good quote - kettle calling pot black.

If secure elections , fully auditible is a Democratic partisan issue just what is the republican opinion on this subject?

They can't win in a fair election?

They approve of foreign manipulation on their behalf?

They want all elections fixed in their favor?

Just what is their position on this issue?

It is an issue that SHOULD concern all Citizens - on any side of the aisle....

What the ill will to not even allow discussion?

Free and Fair elections are the cornerstone of democracy. Free - being free of undue influence, propoganda, bribes, threats, ..... Fair - meaning every citizen gets one vote. Those are the values.

edit on 27-7-2019 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Election fraud has been inherent in the election process since the very beginning. No, that doesn't make it right, but it has a long history. My details are fuzzy because it was awhile ago but I remember reading about a New York City election in the Tammany Hall days where the Republicans filed a protest against the election because the election machines were programmed to tabulate three votes for every one tallied for a Democrat and the Republican precinct machines were programmed to tabulate only two for every single vote cast. And that is why I think Democracy sucks.
edit on 7/27/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No, no, no!!! There's a reason. The real owners of this country will NOT allow voters to make choices in their benefit. Ever!!!

It's never ever going to get better. Trump has done NOTHING. He's cuts the taxes for the billionaires and he gutted consumer protection laws. The swamp is full to the brim as it has ever been!!! NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!! NOTHING!!!!

edit on 27-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Everyone says democracy is the best system. I don't know anymore. It seems like the system is rigged by lobbyists. Everyone hates Congress. Everyone loves the military. Maybe it is time we stop pussy footing around and just have a right wing military style dictatorship and be done with it. Totalitarian nations get things done:

You just don't get it!

edit on 27-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Nothing to see here, everything is OK!

McConnell said he wouldn't allow a vote on the bills because they were "so partisan," but, as previously reported, earlier this year McConnell received a slew of donations from four of the top voting machine lobbyists in the country.

MITCH MCCONNELL RECEIVED DONATIONS FROM VOTING MACHINE LOBBYISTS BEFORE BLOCKING ELECTION SECURITY BILLS

Stop with the caps lock already, Lamestream Media! Just coincidences. Harmless coincidences. Trust your voting-machine!

I'm sure it's nothing. Donald Trump is President*.

We have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Everyone knows New Jersey politicians are the most ethical in the World!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Personally I would like to go back to paper ballots hand counted and I dont care how long it takes to count them all. It was good enough for what 150 years?

Voting machines ARE NOT connected to a network
The corruption comes into play with the folks voting at them
Can someone say "illegal" ?
Here , I will spell it for all

I-L-L-E-G-A-L

Remember the lady , stating on international TV "Obama , I like him so much I voted for him twice"
Turns out there was 5 votes cast from a 3 person household

edit on 7/27/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: xuenchen

www.congress.gov...

Has that Bill been re-introduced ?

It expired last term 😎🚬

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

They are tabled exactly for the reason I posted and other "tangents" like it. Securing the election is a very broad and far reaching subject, the most fundamental of which is securing and ensuring votes are counted as they are cast. This is the foundation of the hullabaloo about securing an election. Electronic voting is bad due to votes being more easily manipulated, paper voting is bad due to interpretation of votes. These are things that are taken into account when tabling bills and are of utmost importance, especially considering foreign actors and analysis there of.

We will never know the direct implications of Cambridge Anylitica or other such tangential attempts at persuasion because they are up to a vast array of interpretation as to why or how they influenced votes in the voting booth. Then they are again under interpretation once cast and the judges of which could also be biased by their own judgement of intent.

Besides your attempt to call it a distraction and calling it a red herring it is very much relevant and discard it out of hand, as the idea of securing an election is up to wide interpretation including events both prior to and after the vote is actually cast and must be taken into account for. We can wax poetic that this that or the other thing is what needs to be done, implement it, and then have no real effect or even the effect opposite of what was intended. That is why these ideas are often tabled and then shelved, because errors are seen by others that you do not see and discard. Much like my pointing out the hanging chad example. But go ahead and discard it and call it a red herring because it isn't what you want to hear. Because even though I studied this extensively ,due to me being a part of the "video generation", it is not relevant to you even though it is very much relevant.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Tangents, like checking voter suppression of disabled citizens and districts where there is a majority of people of color.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
until showing a pictured ID to vote is in place, there is no such thing as vote security.

when that law passes then we can get serious about security.

until then, it's all theater.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join