It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Citizens of Good Will?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm having trouble understanding why the bills passed in the house to better secure our US election/voting systems were summarily tabled.

Isn't the "American" value of open and free elections put in jeopardy by such outside interference?

And there are other tangents (not really the correct word) to, so called, Russian inference, but Facebook and other social media outlets, Cambridge Analytical comes to mind and certainly many I don't know about.

All these 'influencers' corrupt not only our elections but our freedom in a very real way that effects all of us and our brothers and sisters around the globe.

A very real and tangible expression of the ability of money to corrupt.

Might want to watch "The Great Hack" a new documentary I saw on Netflix, but I'm sure there are other venues.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Personally I would like to go back to paper ballots hand counted and I dont care how long it takes to count them all. It was good enough for what 150 years?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, we know we have companies and lobbyists that are working for companies that produced the currently used voting machines that are paying off politicians. Im sure thats part of it. I wouldnt entirely rule out the possiblity that certain politicians either dont care, or secretly want them to be manupulated.
edit on 27-7-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What Bills in The House ?

😎

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That was one of the bills presented to the Senate. That all elections maintain a paper audit trail. Makes sense, correct?

www.congress.gov...

All house Democratic members voted in favor and only one house Republican.

Why only one Republican?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Hope it goes through.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I also think it's strange that the repubs in congress are holding this up.

Maybe they care more about party then they do about security and since this came from the dems and not the repubs they vote no?

It will be telling if a repub writes a similar bill and the dems vote yes on it.

Or maybe they are just they same and will vote no because it didn't come from a dem.

Currently the repubs are going on recess so they wont be writing any bills for a few weeks.
edit on 27-7-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Currently the repubs are going on recess so they wont be writing any bills for a few weeks.a reply to: scraedtosleep

The Dinocrats are on recess too so they will not be writing any new bill either.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Remember how the Afforadable Care Act was supposed to make health care cheaper and available to all?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Remember "Hanging Chads"

Those too were "paper ballots".

EDIT:

The problem is a "paper trail" is not secure. Boxes of ballots can go missing during a 2nd recount. Boxes of ballots can be found at airports in the trunk of a car. Paper ballots are just as vulnerable as electronic ballots, but even worse, they can then be "interpreted"

"Does that stain look like an attempt to vote?!?"
"No that is a booger"
"So they are definitely attempting to vote with that because they lacked a pen!"
"No there is already another candidate clearly marked"

and so on.
edit on 27-7-2019 by dubiousatworst because: because reasons

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Nothing to see here, everything is OK!

McConnell said he wouldn't allow a vote on the bills because they were "so partisan," but, as previously reported, earlier this year McConnell received a slew of donations from four of the top voting machine lobbyists in the country.

MITCH MCCONNELL RECEIVED DONATIONS FROM VOTING MACHINE LOBBYISTS BEFORE BLOCKING ELECTION SECURITY BILLS

Stop with the caps lock already, Lamestream Media! Just coincidences. Harmless coincidences. Trust your voting-machine!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If I remember correctly elections are managed by the individual states. The federal government should not be allowed to step in and usurp control of anything they want.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

We need to put a stop to foreign influence in our government.
Of course, foreign outsiders would say they are entitled to influence our government since we meddle in theirs.
They would like to end our influence in their governments and I am all for that as well. Shut down all military bases and kill our global military patrols, problem solved.

The problem is, there are NWO people that make money from our global military and meddling with other countries.
edit on 27-7-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Remember how the Afforadable Care Act was supposed to make health care cheaper and available to all?

When the Insurance Industry wrote the bill, most people already knew it was nothing about being affordable nor available.
Anytime Big Business gets involved in government policy, it turns into a monetary disaster for everyone not on the take.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It did that for me and my mom.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm having trouble understanding why the bills passed in the house to better secure our US election/voting systems were summarily tabled.

Because some, sadly, put party—and power—over country and democracy.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
That was one of the bills presented to the Senate. That all elections maintain a paper audit trail. Makes sense, correct?

www.congress.gov...

All house Democratic members voted in favor and only one house Republican.

Why only one Republican?

Probably because it opens this can of worms, and has other hidden gems throughout it.

"The National Science Foundation shall make grants to study, test, and develop accessible paper voting mechanisms and devices and best practices to enhance the accessibility of voting and verification mechanisms for individuals with disabilities, for voters whose primary language is not English, and for voters with difficulty in literacy."

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I recall a certain Minnesota senate election that gave us Al Franken.

Recount after recount. Ballots being discovered in trunks of cars and other places and every time the ballot total always grew in Franken's favor with every sudden discovery of more paper ballots in yet more crazy, out-of-the-way places.

I also recall the recent Florida elections and the endless counting that went on there with the election commissioner in the county committing all kinds of offenses against the rules during the paper ballot recount. Guess which party she was? There were shenanigans with ballots there too.

So why federal control and a federal system like the ones in Minnesota and those Florida counties? And yet this is the party that fights examination of the voter rolls to make sure that all the listed names belong to living, legal voters ...
edit on 27-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join