It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Comic books like movies, TV and pretty much everything else that involves marketing, have ALWAYS thrown whatever at the wall the see what sticks...

Thor was a frog previously...

The only thing new here is young people falling for conservative propaganda..

edit on 22-7-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm just bummed it's not some tall, blonde, blue eyed Aryan chick.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Female Thor.
Gay Valkyrie.
Black female 007.

Get woke, go broke...

Anyone thinking it's not based on political agenda is a fool.
They let us know know the democratics of the characters long before any story hints are released.

edit on 22-7-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

However in this case its just doing what Marvel movies have been doing since they started, taking stories from their comics and bringing them to the big screen.

Was Thor a woman in the comic ?
I was never a superhero fan the only comic I read was viz , Buster Gonad and all that.

The current "equality" surge we see now feels like an attempt at social engineering to me with the bias heavily tipped to one side over the other.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude

I said the same thing then.

I'm not mad, I don't read comics. But the idea is still stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Dude

Been a while since I read it but it worked.

Cannot believe people call this stupid without having a clue what it’s about and before anyone has even seen a teaser for the movie.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Uhhhh...wait...I'm confused.

Wasn't there something about beauty standards and how the average woman would feel inadequit with barbie figure role models?

I say bring on those super hero women in tight spandex...makes those marvel movies a bit more enjoyable again...lol

Peace
edit on 22-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Well dont forget that these movies aren't in the marvel universe anymore.

They take place in the Gillette universe now.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Vote with your dollars if you don’t like it...I don’t go to any ‘super hero’ movies because I don’t like the genre. Just like I don’t like soccer. If I don’t like something I don’t go and don’t give them my money.

There are always going to be people that like and do stuff we don’t agree with. Let them have their happiness and hopefully they will allow us ours.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

But but that is CENSORSHIP!!!!

Or at least that is what I’m told by Fox News every time someone suggests a boycott?!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Actually it has gotten fairly wide spread praise..

People do not wait to see if the story is good enough to justify the changes... they start freaking out, hyped up by conservative media, BEFORE the story arc even launches...

It is ridiculous..

Falcon captain America was stellar..

Jane Austin Thor was stellar..

Asian hulk has also gotten widespread praise..

Hell I have Even heard multiple YouTube reviewer saying say they love ironheart (little black girl Ironman)..

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
10/10 won't watch.

I've not seen Wonder Woman (Although I hear it's really good). I've not seen Captain Marvel. Watching women play main character heroines is just not my thing. I'm sure there are alot of ladies that keep up with the Marvel/DC/etc movies, and if that is what they want to see, then fine, but the fan base to these type of movies are primarily male.

If you don't think they are trying to push this PC issue in the face of true fans, then you have not seen the battle scene at the end of End Game.

Meh, I really don't care either way. They could care less about my 10 bucks or whatever to go see that movie anyways, and I'm fine with that too, I'll just go watch the next one they make that I would actually enjoy.

*cough* Ghostbusters 2016 *cough*

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

You're a bit late to the party.

Jane Foster Thor has been a thing since 2014 in the comics till she became Valkyrie. Maybe you should save your outrage for something important.

edit on 22-7-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Was Thor a woman in the comic ?

Yep, Natalie Portman's character 'Jane Foster' became the female Thor in the comics.

I was never a superhero fan the only comic I read was viz , Buster Gonad and all that.

Same here, Just like to read up on any background clues or see where the movies are getting their source material from.

The movies use the stories from the comics but have always put their own spin on things.

IN the comics Jane Foster, Thor's girlfriend ends up getting cancer and somehow becomes worthy to pick up the hammer and that is what helps her cure the cancer until she eventually sacrifices herself to defeat a powerful enemy.

I am assuming the movie will change how she becomes worthy or how she becomes the female version of Thor and doubt it will be the hammer she wields as that was destroyed in the Thor 3 movie.

So marvel take the concepts already established in their comics and create a variation of the stories when they bring it to film.

So far all the Marvel movies have done this, changes to how some characters have originated and what not.

viz , Buster Gonad

That just brought back some fun memories of my early teenage years.

I had a friend here in Australia that was from the UK, when he first showed me the comics I was in tears.

I cant say what character has the best name, Viz had some classics that just the names alone were so funny it was almost impossible to read some of the strips without pissing your pants, Terry F***witt, Sid the sexist, Cockney Wanker.

I have to thank you for mentioning Buster as these characters and viz had been trapped in my unconscious mind for .... I cannot remember how long.

Just mentioning them was enough make me smile and when I had a google search to refresh my memory now has me coughing my lungs out laughing so hard.

The current "equality" surge we see now feels like an attempt at social engineering to me with the bias heavily tipped to one side over the other.

I see it as well but its expected in my opinion seeing as how for so long there was no equality then some and now the scales tip the other way.

Its done with sex, race and religion and the scales will always tip one way or another in terms of social engineering.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Natalie Portman in the first thor was like watching paint dry. Then she refused to appear in the sequels.
If they insist on doing the female storyline they should have recast with a more interesting actress.

Better yet a black transgender....
I mean if it's ok to make MJ black in spiderman it should be ok to change jane fosters character too.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: watchitburn

Dude

Been a while since I read it but it worked.

Cannot believe people call this stupid without having a clue what it’s about and before anyone has even seen a teaser for the movie.

You're just an idiot.

I said the idea is stupid.

I said the movie will probably be fun anyway.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Uh
Who was it that the "Aether" infected in Thor: the dark world?
I am confused as I was pretty sure that was Natalie Portman.

link   
Super hero movies use to be a great way to escape politics. I don't ever recall rolling my eyes at Christopher Reeves but the last few Marvel movies I've rolled my eyes many times.

Thor Ragnorok I believe, where the Asguardian pulls out an assault rifle and labels it his Texas something something, firing it at the enemy that destroys the planet...meh. The director just had to get that in the movie somehow. It didn't fit at all but it was inserted in this tortured way to say assault rifles are scary....all of Texas are redneck gunslingers. That's what I got out of it anyway.

Then every realm has some defense system to keep people out but all the actors voice their personal opinions on how evil that concept is in real life. They also hate guns but yield all sorts of weapons.

The gender and race changing of characters has been going on a long time though, I concede that one but it feels different in the comics. Way more subtle but that can't be done in the movies. They don't have time for all the backstory so it seems very forced.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Typo...
I meant sequel...number 3. Not sequels...
Sorry

She was "done" with the series..

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I bet she couldn’t pull off the big Lebowski look like Thor did in avengers endgame . Lol

I just hope they keep it to superheroes. I’d hate to see a Ash Graham, Eddie Clark , Mark Monroe or The rock Welch . ( some new beauties and some old )

But look on the bright side. In a decade conservatives can start bitching about toxic female masculinity .
edit on 22-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join