It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulled a knife on a guy who tried to light me on fire tonight...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So... I just pulled a knife on a guy who tried to light me on fire. True story.

EDIT; For context, I'm a girl.

Here's the long version; I'm sitting at my favorite bar, as usual. I'm on the back porch, working on my laptop and getting some writing done.

People are interrupting me a lot, but that's normal for a Friday. It's the busiest night of the week here, so ya know...

Then this creepy little dude started feeling up on girls inside. I didn't see this part, but the girls exploded out the back door screaming about it, and guys were yelling too. A lot of people were arguing. This makes my headache worse and it's annoying as hell, but again, it's Friday and everybody's a little chaotic... so it's kinda expected.

Then later, the creepy little dude comes outside and starts talking to me. I can see and smell how smashed he is. And I'm already annoyed because nobody will let me concentrate and my anxiety is off the walls tonight... then this guy gets all touchy-feely, putting his hands on me, laying on me, all that.

So, I took a deep breath and pulled out my panda knuckles. For those who don't know, I carry a pocketknife that's stylistically designed to look like brass knuckles, and it has a panda design on it.

I push the knife toward him and firmly told him to leave me the f*ck alone. I smiled and I told him this is what I do to people who don't leave me the f*ck alone. He puts his hands up and backs away, and I try to guide him toward the door so I can get him back inside. I wanted to get him into an environment with witnesses, and an environment the bartender can see.

Then he whips out his lighter really fast and holds it out. He flicks it and tries to light me on fire, but the lighter craps out, so he instantly raises his hands again and starts apologizing.

So I pushed him toward the door and opened it, and I guided him inside at knifepoint. Long story short, he got kicked out... then some other little asshole shows up and starts antagonizing me and the other girls, and he gets kicked out, too.

I really hate people sometimes...

Got some writing done tonight, at least. I have no idea how, but I did. xD
edit on 20-7-2019 by XxKonspiracyxX because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

correction - a guy you pulled a knife on - tried to set you on fire

i COULD go through your OP line by line - detailing the insanity of the mess you largely engineered - but

you escalated the situation to weaponry

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Panda knife? lucky there wasn't a bouquet of flowers available or there coulda been reel trouble

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I thought I was watching Terminator 2 reading that.

What I've gained from this thread;

1. Panda Knuckle Knife > Cheap Lighter operated by blubbering drunk guy, for some reason I picture him all fat and schweady.
2. If you're going to light someone on fire, get a better lighter, and possibly some propellant. Plan Ahead.
3. It's better to knife with witnesses?
4. Look into Panda Knuckles
5. Panda Spirit Animal I should look into that.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You're right. As a girl, I should just let men grab all over me whenever they want to. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

lmao christ

What a #ing thread! even has Pandas

edit on VamSaturday14am731 by valiant because: Shived by a panda

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Wow. I'm glad you're okay... I'm glad you were prepared! This was pretty darn creepy. I don't even know what to say beyond that.

Actually, I do -- God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. I'm real glad you're okay.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

More like Terminator 6, you know, whamen's are tough now days.

SMFH, what a thread.
edit on 7 20 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I’m with ignorant_ape on this one.

Disregarding the fact that you chose an establishment known for people being belligerent to get your alone writing time and the fact that you got annoyed for people being outgoing in a place that is used exactly for being outgoing, you were the first to draw a weapon. Dude flicked his lighter at you in return.

You should retitle your thread. “I was at a bar trying to get alone time, and I pulled a knife on a drunk guy”

May be too long to fit. Better shorten it to “I fought off a rapist who tried to light me on fire”
edit on 20-7-2019 by RandomPerson because: Edit to correct capitalization.

edit on 20-7-2019 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Can't wait to see this one.

My God that woman still has muscles. Or is it her Twin?
edit on 20-7-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

correction - a guy you pulled a knife on - tried to set you on fire

i COULD go through your OP line by line - detailing the insanity of the mess you largely engineered - but

you escalated the situation to weaponry

Ugh, you don't know her size nor the guy's size. Where she was, there apparently were no witnesses, the guy just grabbed her as if she was a sex doll with no actual mind.
I am glad she actually did something this radical, remember she didn't actually stab him, she used the knife as an extension of her very probably weaker female body against a stronger [and drunk, hence no self limitations] male.

I guess your story would have gone: Girl tries to work like a normal human being, drunken giy grabs her and touches her for as long as he wishes even though she doesn't want him to, guy finds that she doesn't resist and goes a bit further. Girl tries to push him away but can't, so lets him do whatever he likes because some moron on the internet doesn't want her to stand up for herself. Guy thinks: "That was easy, I'll do that again next week".

You are a piece of work. You have obviously never been a weaker person that another took advantage off against your will. I'll tell you from personal experience, her reaction was actually quite civilised.
edit on 20-7-2019 by Hecate666 because: Grammar

link   
a reply to: stosh64

Oh man I hope she has been getting enough calcium, osteoporosis is real yall.

link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

The second he laid hands on her was the second she had just cause to defend and protect herself.

And I'm damn glad she could and she did.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Are you single?

I'm male, straight and Irish

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Exactly, any normal bloke would have punched his lights out at this point, which would have been assault. She merely pointed and said words, and yet the man-boobs on this site find this unacceptable and start insults.

SMH

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Not for the Son of Connor. He's Americas Super Hero!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Have you ever heard of unnecessary escalation of force? Sounds to me based on the only account given that OP chose a bad place to be alone, got annoyed when people were loud, and then overreacted to a dude trying to hit on her.

Yes, dude shouldn’t have touched her, but a simple “Back off!” would probably have sufficed. If he responded to that with more advances, then draw the knife.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Exactly, any normal bloke would have punched his lights out at this point, which would have been assault. She merely pointed and said words, and yet the man-boobs on this site find this unacceptable and start insults.

SMH

Yup. And we both know they'd be howling like banshees if it were their girlfriend or mother or sister it happened to. But somehow when a woman is put in a vulnerable and dangerous position by a sex offender, she's in the wrong for protecting herself. I don't know what some people are thinking, but that can behavior escalates quickly and dangerously. Just like it did. He didn't even back off when she did act in her own defense, but became even more aggressive. As if he had some right to enjoy her body. Ugh. Just so freaking creepy.

She did the right thing. It could have been so much worse.

I hope she comes back. She sure didn't need or deserve this crap on ATS. The abuse at the bar wasn't enough. Nope. The misogynists here had to pile on.

Good job, dudes

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RandomPerson

Have you ever heard of unnecessary escalation of force? Sounds to me based on the only account given that OP chose a bad place to be alone, got annoyed when people were loud, and then overreacted to a dude trying to hit on her.

Yes, dude shouldn’t have touched her, but a simple “Back off!” would probably have sufficed. If he responded to that with more advances, then draw the knife.

Damn right dude shouldn't have touched her and he damn well knew it! So do you. And I seriously doubt that she didn't tell him to stop. Do you need a verbatim transcript? Obviously, if a fricking knife doesn't tell him to "Back off!," if he ESCALATES it with a stupid ass lighter, then her saying it sure as hell wasn't going to.

Stop making piss poor excuses for a violent sex offender and expecting her to take his abuse.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join