It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

The trick is not to give up on yourself. The world is a screwy place but there is a right place for each of us to fit into it somewhere. It's a matter of learning to wait for that to happen.

As you know my treatment is ridiculously backwards as all the system will do is let me live. It won't let me have a life however. I've also applied for vocational training in an effort to find some sort of job that I can do with my limitations.

Unfortunately, that is the catch. Due to my poor health they won't train me. At the same time the doctors and the system won't do anything to help me to get better so I can do a bit of work.

I've waiting on Social Security in one form or another for over five years now and waiting is all I can do.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Night Star - here is something that didn't make it into the bible that you may find of interest...

And there were with Joseph three boys, and with Mary a girl, going on the journey along with them. And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror.

The Linky for the whole story

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

WOW! I love the new chandelier!!!!! Awesome!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Haha! Will you wear a red tie for Christmas? Or a bow on your head? What? I'm feeling festive. OH I have to dig out my reindeer antler headband thingie.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Whaaaa? A beef pork combo roast?
The mad scientists have created a Frankenroast haven't they? I have never heard of such a thing, but does sound interesting. I would try that. I have had pork pies with a combination half ground pork and half ground beef that is delicious.

That sure is an interesting color combo for sure in your cowl. So do you and the girls have any xmas craft projects planned?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Let there be dragons. Why were the kids crying out in great terror? Dragons can be quite kind and tame. I guess they didn't have Shed dragons back in the day.

You are absolutely correct my friend about never giving up. That is the key. It can sometimes be a great challenge for people not to fall into that dark place where hope is lost. Here in the Shed, we pledge our compassion, love and inspiration to each other and our friendships that stand the test of time.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

As this was from a time before the internet I don't think the children had much of a chance to see dragons before this.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
What? I'm feeling festive.

Festive like this?

OH I have to dig out my reindeer antler headband thingie.
You have reindeer antlers? You inspire me. I should get some for work. just as a contradiction.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

PM Inbox

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

PM has been read and responded to.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Yes! That's the spirit.

Get some for work. My friend Linda and I wore them when it got close to xmas last year when we went out. It makes people smile.

I have to bring out the framed pic of Mom and Dad wearing a red Rudolph nose. How adorable seeing an elderly couple with a fun side and lots of xmas spirit. Miss you Mom and Dad, and thanks for all the beautiful memories I now have to treasure!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

In many Eastern cultures, Dragons are kind and helpful teachers to mankind.

Starting around 300AD, the Holy Church spun new tales depicting Dragons as evil.

In true fashion, continuing to this very day, the Church took all those things that they themselves did and blamed the Dragons for all their woes.

Burning to death ... that would be the church burning people at the stake.

Greed for Gold ... that would be chest after chest after chest of gold hidden deep under the Vatican.

Rape of virgins ... well, speaks for itself ... how is a Dragon supposed to do this ... the species are not capable of mating due to the sheer size of a Dragons willy.

You can add your own thoughts to the list.

The Church would not suffer to have others giving advice to the leaders of a group.

Dragons have been demonized by the Church.

If Dragonkind was as bad as the Church claims, there would be no Church, only soot would remain.

P

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Very interesting post Pheonix.

"The size of a dragon's willy." OMG I was so not expecting that. Almost sprayed the computer screen with my lemon water.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Lemon water is nice
So fresh.

Cucumber water is good also. Might sound a bit strange but... just plenty of slices of cucumber and some water, cool it down well, it is good.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Never tried that before. Is that a thing in Finland or something you threw together yourself?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Never tried that before. Is that a thing in Finland or something you threw together yourself?

My friend's idea. He just thought of trying it, offered me some, and i liked it.

I will be leaving soon for a while. Have to go to grocery store and then visit a friend.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Have a great day!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sweet heavens to Betsy! I have a cold and one of my ears is plugged. None of the usual tricks for clearing it are working! I am coming unglued over this!!! Any tips?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

If it doesn't unplug, you may have fluid in the ears. One year when I was sick it wasn't clearing up and I had to go to the Doctors. They gave me some kind of nose spray and it cleared my ears up. Hope you feel better soon DOE.

In the meantime, I will make you some chicken soup and speak loudly. Lol

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Does the sensation drive you completely bonkers, too?

Did you use the nasal spray normally, and it had the side effect of clearing your ears? Do you remember if it was similar to an OTC like nasonex?

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join