It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Woman dies for 27 mins and sees Heaven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I believe this to some extent.

I've never had an NDE but have had many ADCs and it seems you really do experience what you believed at first at least.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Nobody can't prove that this person didn't have this experience

I think you meant to say "Nobody CAN prove that..."
(Otherwise that's a double negative and wouldn't make sense)

You pick what you have either been taught or choose to believe.

And i agree too, people are free to choose what they believe, based on a range of factors.

We'll all find out the truth of the matter. Sooner than later.

Well, i hope its not going to be too soon!! I can happily wait until later to find out.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diaspar
Well, i hope its not going to be too soon!! I can happily wait until later to find out.

It's all relative. Is 78 years a long time or just a blur going by as you sit in your life train?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Still miles and miles of track left on that life train, for you and me both...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: JPtruther

i died on the table and remember talking to my grandma it was so vivid i still remember what she said 23yrs latter

Not sure why in replying with this I can't say that I visited heaven or whatever you want to call it. My mum passed back in 2010. A few years ago in my old house I went to sleep and had a strange dream but it was one of those dreams that seemed real. In the dream I woke up went down the stairs, everything was exactly how it was in my old house except there wasn't really any colour just white and light greys. As I got to the bottom of the stairs and went into the kitchen
My mum was sat at the kitchen work top, obviously knowing she wasn't alive anymore I was shocked to see her. Remember this dream seemed real, so I said 'mum what are you doing here!?' To which, and I still remember her words were 'yes sorry everything is different here'

Now I'm not saying it was heaven or any form of after life but it was just weird. Anyway thought I'd share. Death always intrigues me it's one thing us humans cannot really experience or begin to wonder what happens until it actually happens to us. Looking at it this way I'm not afraid of death but at the same time I'd do my best to stay alive as long as possible. My personal belief and I'm not religious in any shape or form but when our time comes I don't think it's the end. I can't explain why I think this I just do and unfortunately there's only one way to find out

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Woodcarver

You might be completely correct but just pushing the topic aside and their experiences is just Atheists trying just like the religious to cement their own beliefs.

I find it interesting hearing someones experiences who have crossed over even if it is just their own brain and not spiritual at all. But no one knows for sure about anything
Well, then you would love to hear about what science has to say about it. Quite a lot really, as there have been thousands of documented cases. Very few of which are religious in nature.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Great to see people with it all figured out when the smartest scientists have no clue....
The fact they see things in line with their belief could indicate in the other place everything you want is only a thought away.
Or, you could read the thousands of papers and articles that explain that these are just hallucinations that people have because they are dying.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hardly stop the front page stuff.

As an example of an NDE it's a pretty poor one. Very little context or description, just a piece of indecipherable scrawl on a bit of paper. Not even clear it says 'it's real'.

'27 minutes' seems needlessly exact - was there someone there with a stop watch?

Strange little feature, doesn't really tell us anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

i have a friend who's very spiritual and he recons when you dream of someone whose past they are visiting you i hope that's true after my experience i totally believe in the after life death doesn't worry me anymore

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Not dying.

Dead. Medically dead. No brain activity. Hallucination not possible.

But don't let science get in the way of your stupid religion.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

There's always two sides....
I entertain both

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe
Please explain your experience on it. It was heavenly? What is heavenly? Did you see a lighted tunnel? Please use as much detail and imagery as possible. I’d like to understand individuals encounters with it. Thanks

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I died when I was pretty young. Choked on a piece of candy. Not being brought up religious and without any notion of what an afterlife should look like I only experienced it as a warm bath and the brightest of white light...beautiful experience but didn't meet or see anybody. A real strong longing to go back there one day

Peace

A friend of mine who was shot in the chest and died on the operating table for a few minutes described his experience much similar to yours. He was not a religious person and described what he felt as a presence and reassurance which overcame his extreme fear he had since the moment he was shot.

He mentioned the warmth that came over him was very striking because he kept getting colder and colder since shot.

My grandpa passed away around that time and at his funeral the priest read the poem "Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow." At that moment on a completely calm day in Arizona a long breeze blew through. Everyone, including the priest, stopped to take that moment in.

I do believe in God and the afterlife. People can disbelieve as they choose, I see nothing to gain from that though.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I died when I was pretty young. Choked on a piece of candy. Not being brought up religious and without any notion of what an afterlife should look like I only experienced it as a warm bath and the brightest of white light...beautiful experience but didn't meet or see anybody. A real strong longing to go back there one day

Peace

A friend of mine who was shot in the chest and died on the operating table for a few minutes described his experience much similar to yours. He was not a religious person and described what he felt as a presence and reassurance which overcame his extreme fear he had since the moment he was shot.

He mentioned the warmth that came over him was very striking because he kept getting colder and colder since shot.

My grandpa passed away around that time and at his funeral the priest read the poem "Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow." At that moment on a completely calm day in Arizona a long breeze blew through. Everyone, including the priest, stopped to take that moment in.

I do believe in God and the afterlife. People can disbelieve as they choose, I see nothing to gain from that though.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
She didn’t die. She lived. Death is permanent.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

Being brought up without religion but not finding evidence their isn't something more I might be considered gnostic.

I have a big interest in the conscious/unconscious mind and I know that the seperation I am aware of on a daily basis is mostly created by my conscious mind. The misinformed pressagent in my head that tells me I am special.

When I "died" I remember the first minute as shere panick. Losing everything that was mine...
After the acceptance of having to hand over control and let go there was this overall sense of oneness. I was one with light, warmth, love...

I never could forget that feeling and sometimes I get blindsided by something as mundane as a beautiful sunset that triggers that same feeling of oneness and makes me cry...

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The usual response by the philosophical materialists will be this is not evidence of vitalism but she was simply not dead yet and in her brain she was have a free-form delusion.

For the hardcore skeptics, no evidence would ever suffice.
They could completely dismember a human being into parts, put them back together and revive them, and the skeptics would agree the human died in this case but the afterlife experience happened before it was lights out, or while being revived.

One constant I see skeptics use as no life after death is ones memory or lack of.
Person dies and has no memory of anything while dead.
Person does not remember any dreams so they did not dream.

In the second case, everyone enters REM sleep at some point in their sleep cycles when dreams occur but yet remember no dreams.

I think there is a local storage for memories (the brain) and a non local storage for them as well.
Everything gets stored in the non local location but it takes practice and intent to retrieve from the non local and store in in the brain as is the case with dreams.

Write your dreams down the moment you wake up for a month and your ability to recall dreams increases.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

It's like searching for a dark corner with a flashlight. The trick is to switch the flashlight off...

Peace
edit on 26-6-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

for the fervent believer any annecdote is acepted as " proof "

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

for the fervent believer any annecdote is acepted as " proof "

This world holds a lot of mysteries, death being the biggest among them. This place exploring and talking of them.

I did a job in Utah at Brigham Young university, was plagued with vivid nightmares the whole time I was there and I rarely have dreams I remember, let alone nightmares. They were downright terrifying, waking me up every night. It was normal project and ai was not under stress. After the 3rd night I started writing them down after they woke me up.

I learned a good amount from those nightmares. They all involved the devil. First time I had ever dreamed of the devil, haven't ever since. Dreams where basically about how the devil baits people into following him, his tactics on how he divides people out and preys on their weakness. Friends and family where in the dreams which is extremely rare for me also. Dreams showed each of them how they got divided out and preyed on. The only one that did not succumb in the dreams was my brother. I even failed in one of the last dreams. It was like being taunted, being showed he could do it and how, making me aware and then after showing me all that, still being successful against me. It was very disturbing and very enlightening at the same time.

This is proof of nothing. I could ignore it all because there is no definitive proof it was anything but a series of very bad dreams. But I think I am better served learning from them and their warning.

On the one day off I had while I was there I took a break and went up into the mountains to get some peace. I went to a lake and had an experience I will not forget. I will not likely go to Utah again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join