It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Woman dies for 27 mins and sees Heaven

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Understanding how the body works, I'm of the humble opinion that hypoxia may cause these experiences. I agree with previous posters that the practice of sexual asphyxiation is a similar experience. There is a euphoric aspect to that particular fetish.

BUT, you also have the experience of those who take mind-altering substances. I don't think I have to explain what these people have seen.

Unless you've had these experiences yourself, you're not in a position to pronounce judgment as to their true origins.

Would I like there to be a heaven? Of course. Who wouldn't? But everyone's idea of heaven is different, which is why their experiences are different.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You might be completely correct but just pushing the topic aside and their experiences is just Atheists trying just like the religious to cement their own beliefs.

I find it interesting hearing someones experiences who have crossed over even if it is just their own brain and not spiritual at all. But no one knows for sure about anything

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I believe I've had a near death experience - I went into sleep paralysis which I didn't think was a big deal because it happened before , But this time I heard 2 women talking I forced my eyes open and seen 2 women dressed in white and one of them noticed I had opened my Eyes she quickly put her hand on the side of my face and I instantly went out again , After a few min I woke up and thought wow that was strange, I began to get up but all of a sudden went right back into paralysis but this time sitting half way up .

I was in a jet black dark area still felt like myself but I was just there , I could speak and I said Oh crap and yelled I better not be dead if i'm dead your going to have a problem I'm not ready yet ! It was echoey and I heard a voice say no your not dead just look and I was drawn to a opening that has like purple silky clouds undulating, I said I don't see anything and the voice replied just look closer I still don't see anything I replied, it said "Closer" I stuck my head just a bit inside the opening and just when I started to make out something , BOOM I was right back into my body sitting half way up .

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

I died when I was pretty young. Choked on a piece of candy. Not being brought up religious and without any notion of what an afterlife should look like I only experienced it as a warm bath and the brightest of white light...beautiful experience but didn't meet or see anybody. A real strong longing to go back there one day

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
I am amazed at the amount of discreditation being attempted in the thread.

Poor taste, mates. The lady was dead fellows. Of course the correct course of action is to make posts declaring her naivety.

You probably won't ever go to the moon. People don't automatically disbelieve Aldrin or Armstrong when they talk about their journey, and the place they went.

Oh... Wait...

Hah...

Well, either way, she has 27 minutes worth of discovery time, over you.
If you've never died, I have better reason to believe her firsthand anecdote, than anything your non-dead self has to tell me about it.

In the same realm of possibility acknowledgement of "we are living in a simulation".

Why could the very mechanism by which you experience the after life, eternal, NOT be the brain neuron errata discharge at the time of your death?

I stand by my statement, that you can't prove she's wrong, without killing yourself, killing your audience, or dying. If you want to maintain your stance, then please provide your own counter evidence. Good luck with that, though.
She wasn’t dead. At no point did she die. Clinical death is not dead dead, clinical death is just the doctors seeing vital signs too weak to register on the machines. That is when they put you on the machines that breath and pump your blood for you. she was experiencing serious trauma. She had a blockage of blood and air getting to her heart and brain.

Why would anyone think that this would be a state of mind that would be conducive to gleaning the secrets of the universe from? You can hold your breath and get the same feelings of euphoria. Do that long enough and you will start hallucinating about whatever your mind thinks of.

Also, in her mind while this is going on, she has to be thinking that she may very well die. Most people in the world are raised to believe in heaven. If she has spent her entire life being told that she will meet jesus in heaven when she dies, the likelyhood of her thinking about this as her vital signs weaken to the point of near death, are inevitable.

When you are dieing, your brain starts pumping out a 3 letter substance that we’ll see if the sensors will allow. '___' dimethyltryptamine. It is insanely hallucinogenic. Your brain makes this stuff when you are dreaming. Your brain makes a lot of it as you are dieing.

When hindus have near death experiences, they don’t see images of jesus in heaven, they see beings that are significant in their culture. And people that they loved. It is a very well documented phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I guess Saint Peter must have had the day off.

I think existence beyond this realm is a possibility , not sure about Pearly Gates though.

Seems a little like a cultural projection. What do Chinese Buddhists see when they have a near death experience? I'll bet it ain't Jesus or Peter.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Maybe every person creates their own ever after...??

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Maybe you experience what your consciousness expects. Maybe you "go" to the "place" you are expecting and depending on your religious beliefs, that "place" will be different for each person.

If you believe in nothing or no afterlife, that's what you get...nothing.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Maybe every person creates their own ever after...??

Just like every person creates their own life.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yeah the conscious mind seems to be stuck in this predefined matrix but the unconscious is free to float...make of it what you want kind of deal.

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Although I've never bought into religion, and I've frequently leaned towards atheist, I'm probably more agnostic at this point. I doubt I'll ever find myself religious, but as someone who has found himself in the position of now accepting that ghosts are very real, I must also accept that this new found belief has to coincide with some sort of post death existence, in some form or fashion.

IS that heaven? I don't know. I don't really fall in line with the heaven and hell bit, but it's obvious to me that something happens when we die. and by "we" I mean everyone, not just people of one specific religious faith.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

nah... Its all computerized now. You just use your thumb for ID.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

They used to teach that blood letting was a viable medical procedure.
and that smoking was good for you.
Lots of things that were cutting edge in their day have been proven ineffective or become obsolete with new discoveries and new thought processes. Refusing to change is pretty willful too.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you are trying to reinforce.

I'm not enforcing an idea, I am enforcing a possibility.

We do not know. This leaves open the possibility that these so called states of being "dead" may just be the way it works.

Our understanding of various different after life philosophies may or may not be true. There is no evidence that nullifies an idea, in this case.

I am just as much correct, as you are. If you feel the need to be combative about that, then I would advise you to ask yourself why you feel the need to take the contrast stance.

There is no benefit to an argument between us.
Our paths are pre chosen in this case. This thread is unlikely to waiver either viewpoint. I'm just nice enough to always endorse the even neutral option, I have no need to try and make myself feel superior.

It's hogwash for either side to pretend they understand the underlying mechanics to existence, and it's thereafter.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I agree.

Is this case (and all NDE's) not the very definition of Unfalsifiable ??

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
FWIW..when I hear stories of NDEs i always think of a specific song which is obvious when you read the lyrics and dialogue I posted... I'm not sure that I personally believe in NDE or Out of Body Experiences but that doesn't change the fact that for those that have them there is a huge visceral impact on their life.

I didn't want to derail this thread so I started another one with the song in there if anyone is interested: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Jung's declaration late in life and after a NDE

Interviewer... So do you think there's a God?

Jung.. I don't think, I Know?

I don't know but I'm more inclined to believe a genius than an ignorant ape.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Great to see people with it all figured out when the smartest scientists have no clue....
The fact they see things in line with their belief could indicate in the other place everything you want is only a thought away.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diaspar
a reply to: Archivalist
I agree.
Is this case (and all NDE's) not the very definition of Unfalsifiable ?

Well, it's impossible to prove a negative, in any event. Nobody can't prove that this person didn't have this experience, but the person also has no way of proving that it did.

So we're back where we've always been for the last 40,000 years or so (or whenever it was humans became self-aware). Stories. You pick what you have either been taught or choose to believe.

We'll all find out the truth of the matter. Sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

Ive seen what I believe to be the "heaven" afterlife in a dream before, the experience is unique to the individual. After that experience I dont worry at all about where I`m going, the whole dying part might suck for a bit though depending on the circumstances.

Then you suddenly wake up in a place you`ve always missed but could never remember with everyone you`ve ever met and you`re all like...
"AND WTF WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join