It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women with tattoos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Women get them because it's the popular thing to do.

And they look disgusting on them.

Like tagging the Mona Lisa.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
So women with tattoos that are blatantly obvious ie- neck/face/hands/feet etc.

Are these women suffering some sort of identity crisis or is it that they believe it makes them cool/tuff/dangerous looking/sexy/standof-ish/more attractive etc.

I offer no opinion either way just wondering why they do it.

The ones on the face/neck/ hands etc could possibly very well be a distraction to facets of life later on couldn't it?

Or is it just to get more attention just like the blokes.

Some place them only in a location that can be covered and hidden others clearly favour total exposure.

Just wondering others takes on this.

I only asked about women as I'm male and i know why blokes do it.

It's actually been a long time since I've seen a female with tattoos. Last time I saw one was a woman with a red love heart just below her neck with some name of a dude or other. Don't see anything wrong with that. Probably a tattoo for her boyfriend or something...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: CthruU

Why did you single women out? We all know that men do this far more often? Do you understand why men do it, but not understand why women do?

I haven't singled women out, if i had KansasGirl who responded first would've been quick to pull me up as she's not shy at having a go at me at times if she feels i deserve it unlike yourself who consistently has negitive responses to anything that comes out of my fingers.

Re read the OP without the usual biast that is your MO.

Yes i understand why men do it - its either a reminder of something or someone, an attempt at trying to be more alpha in appearance or just plain stupidity.

Over to you for your next attack.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I have a small tattoo on my upper arm by the shoulder. Just a lilypad and dragonfly with dates underneath to commemorate the lives of people who were dear to me and passed away. So quite obvious and visible during warm weather when I'm wearing short sleeves and sleeveless shirts. With longer sleeves, not visible. It's not really a spot known to wrinkle or sag, so I'm not especially worried about that.

I actually don't really care what anyone thinks, but I've only gotten compliments from those who do comment. For the most part, I don't even remember it's there. But when I do remember, it gives me just a little comfort.

Cool thanks for your input...... sounds sweet and cute.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I look at women with tattoos the same way I do a woman who smokes. It is very unattractive, however, I also keep in mind it isn’t her job to be attractive to me so ultimately it is their choice. My choice is to not date women that make poor life decisions.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Personally I have scares not tattoos, but have have often wondered. God gave woman the most beautiful canvas in all of creation, why put pictures on it that they would not hang in their living room?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Are these women suffering some sort of identity crisis or is it that they believe it makes them cool/tuff/dangerous looking/sexy/standof-ish/more attractive etc.

I think this is quite a sexist question. Why does a woman need any more justification to get inked in these places than a man does?

You offer no opinion but the fact you started this thread speaks volumes about that which you are not saying.

For the record I'm a slightly tattooed fella...

Nothing sexest about it it's a question not a statement.

I offer no opinion because i don't have one, turn your "volume" down it's speaking volumes.

For your record - so am i.
Oh wow, you don’t even see how sexist your question is. Even though you directed this question at women only, knowing that this is something that men and women do in equal amounts?

People do things because they want to. I don’t think a deeper answer is even needed. It’s a fashion trend. Why do people wear certain clothes, hairstyles, makeup, piercings? Because they want to look a certain way, because they like it.

If i am pushed to go deeper, i would say that, people live in congested cities. It’s difficult to stand out and get noticed. Fashion trends seem to be a way to distinguish yourself as an individual or as part of a certain group. Extreme fashion trends like face tattoos are a signal to others that you don’t belong to the common everyday normal groups that so many seem to strive to reach. They don’t care about societal norms and standards. They don’t want a cashier job, no office 9-5. They are usually artists or work for themselves in some capacity.

Shallow,shallow thought process WC, how do you envision the question is directed at women? The question is directed at any gender or variant of -

The topic however is about women with total exposure tattoos.

Shallow,shallow,shallow. No wonder i can never understand your MO - Are your eyes tattooed?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I think this is quite a sexist question. Why does a woman need any more justification to get inked in these places than a man does?

You offer no opinion but the fact you started this thread speaks volumes about that which you are not saying.

I offer no opinion because i don't have one, turn your "volume" down it's speaking volumes.

Oh wow, you don’t even see how sexist your question is. Even though you directed this question at women only, knowing that this is something that men and women do in equal amounts?

People do things because they want to. I don’t think a deeper answer is even needed. It’s a fashion trend. Why do people wear certain clothes, hairstyles, makeup, piercings? Because they want to look a certain way, because they like it.

If i am pushed to go deeper, i would say that, people live in congested cities. It’s difficult to stand out and get noticed. Fashion trends seem to be a way to distinguish yourself as an individual or as part of a certain group. Extreme fashion trends like face tattoos are a signal to others that you don’t belong to the common everyday normal groups that so many seem to strive to reach. They don’t care about societal norms and standards. They don’t want a cashier job, no office 9-5. They are usually artists or work for themselves in some capacity.

Shallow,shallow thought process WC, how do you envision the question is directed at women? The question is directed at any gender or variant of -

Shallow,shallow,shallow. No wonder i can never understand your MO - Are your eyes tattooed?
???? Maybe you should go back and read what you wrote.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Sometimes people don't need a reason why. They just do it.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I have lots of tattoos, I enjoy looking at women who have tattoos as well.
They're art, many of them tell a story and have meaning to the person. Though many don't have meaning and many also do just get them to look cool.

But I will agree that face tattoos are just stupid, I wouldn't hire someone with face tattoos. I think it just shows poor decision making.

Thankyou also for your input........Who are you agreeing with "that face tattoos are just stupid", as your replying to me personally instead of just replying in general it insinuates that i think their stupid which of course i made no such declaration.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Sometimes people don't need a reason why. They just do it.

Maybe - but i think there's always "a reason why", always - they may just not understand that reason at the time.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Where I live it’s predominantly those in the lower socioeconomic communities where we see a growth of females with visible tattoos
They have become pretty common and there is a trend in the style of tattoos females are getting

There also seems to be those who mark themselves for personal reasons, a date, a reminder, family members birth or death dates and those who choose the tattoo as a fashion accessory.

What was once taboo is now a common statement

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

???? Maybe you should go back and read what you wrote.

Funny how no females have shared your view. So far anyhow. Im sure you can rustle a few up though from the inner circle.

Why do i always have to help you and yours with your ammo? Guess it's fun.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Oh, I thought I had seen another comment saying that about faces, not a direct reply to you.

chalk it up to lazy posting.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Why did you single women out? We all know that men do this far more often? Do you understand why men do it, but not understand why women do?

Maybe the OP singled women out because he's a he?

I would have asked why men do it. I find it off-putting to see a man covered in ink all over myself and wonder why they do it. I can't help but project 30 years down the road and see fading, green, sagging things all over them.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
When I was running in college, I thought about getting a small tattoo high up on my thigh where it would only show when I wore a swimsuit or my running singlet. I would have gotten a small tattoo of my college mascot had I done it. I only didn't because I don't like needles, and I didn't want it to start looking bad after I got old. Even though no one else really would see it, *I* would.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Now that I've read through most of the comments, and see the grief you're getting, I want to add that I didn't feel you were being critical or hateful or misogynistic about anything. You weren't offensive. You stated you knew why men do it, and were asking why women do it.

Questions are always much better than telling us why we did it!!!

If I thought you were being a jerk, I would have said so.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It’s simplest and purest explanation is freedom of expression. People regardless of gender get them for different reasons. Some just think they look cool/pretty/cute/badass or whatever. Generally people who get them on the neck/face are committed to counter culture and breaking societal norms. These kind of people often find corporate culture mundane and distasteful as well as shying away from bland boring people. They also for the most part don’t give a shh about people’s judgement or disdain. Then there is the physical addiction of it if you will, it ranges from mildly to extremely painful depending on placement. That process releases endorphins so it’s kind of a high in and of itself. I personally have about 12 hours of work on my arm, don’t plan on going for my neck or face though. I also look at it kind of as permanent jewelry that gives a little glimpse into my personality, expensive skin if you will. Good tattoos are not cheap, you get what you pay for. They can also serve as ice breakers, I get complimented on the one on my shoulder all the time. Even had a server at a restaurant ask to take a picture once, I felt like a celebrity lol. I also like to think that it keeps the boring/judgmental people away which is fine with me because who wants to be around the pent up negativity energy anyway?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Oh, I thought I had seen another comment saying that about faces, not a direct reply to you.

chalk it up to lazy posting.

Thankyou very much........ I thought so but was hoping you'd say as much so the "usual crew" get the message.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't have them...but my wife does.
Her's is cute...where only she & I can now see it

However, as someone whom appreciates fine art...I've seen some beautiful work (on men and women) from some really talented tattoo artists...but it's painful to see someone stuck with sporting a really badly-drawn tat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join