It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women with tattoos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: CthruU

Now that I've read through most of the comments, and see the grief you're getting, I want to add that I didn't feel you were being critical or hateful or misogynistic about anything. You weren't offensive. You stated you knew why men do it, and were asking why women do it.

Questions are always much better than telling us why we did it!!!

If I thought you were being a jerk, I would have said so.

Thankyou very much dearly, it's obvious to anyone without an agenda of course.
However some just gotta hold grudges but i suppose it's part and parcel of a public forum.

As you can see though they get nowhere with me......

Thanks again for putting it out there- your a class act. Many many respects.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't have any ink, but if I did...it would read "mind your own business"

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Personally I think most tattoos are ugly.
I have no idea why a young lady with perfect skin would permanently mark themselves.
Hopefully the trend will swing back.
But it's not my skin so whatever.

On that note...
My job is to fill positions with employers looking for skilled labor.
I would say well over half of my clients "verbally" request no visible tattoos on applicants.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL! Reminded me I saw a T-shirt once that said "Stop reading my T-shirt!"

I thought that was pretty funny.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Maybe my next tatt would say - " that's twice in two seperate threads you've said that" ((mind your own business))

then underneath that i would tatt -

Get some new material and practice what you preach.

You know.

edit on 23-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If people truly want other people to mind their own business they would get their tattoos in places that are not visible to the general public.

Do get pissed when somebody asks you about the billboard across your chest or forehead.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I have no idea why a young lady with perfect skin would permanently mark themselves.

On that note...
I would say well over half of my clients "verbally" request no visible tattoos on applicants.

Really - that's interesting so clearly there's a biast towards visible tattoos, is that full-stop or are the really common say arm types a exception?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If people truly want other people to mind their own business they would get their tattoos in places that are not visible to the general public.

Do get pissed when somebody asks you about the billboard across your chest or forehead.

Pritty much.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

On that note...

Really - that's interesting so clearly there's a biast towards visible tattoos, is that full-stop or are the really common say arm types a exception?

No "visible" tattoos or piercings.
Ears excluded on women of course.

Many of my clients work in some sort of customer service like financial or medical.
Tattoos are not considered professional attire.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Maybe my next tatt would say - " that's twice in two seperate threads you've said that" ((mind your own business))

then underneath that i would tatt -

Get some new material and practice what you preach.

You know.

Actually the "mind your own business" tat would be a reminder to myself to "mind MY own business" and don't get involved in other peoples drama and consequent trauma.

If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion. Your's should read "lighten up!"

It's none of my business what people, men or women, do to their own bodies. Perhaps another tat I might consider..."not my circus, not my monkey" with a cute little monkey giving the world the finger.
edit on 23-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Because they can?

I find it extremely attractive.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"I'm not sexist, but..."

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am not real big on tats in general on either men or women. I think the human body is perfect without unnecessary art. Also most people just have bad tattoos, faded, unoriginal or just bad placement.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was at a birthday party for my six year old grandson yesterday where several of the "Moms" stayed to help. With a dozen six year olds you really do need help. All of them had tats. They were on arms or legs--all I could see :-) but none of them looked particularly artistic or meaningful. But among that age group (Mom's with 6 year olds) it appears to be quite common. The "Tramp Stamp" at the small of the back is exclusively for women.

And for you MEN who claim sexism here, good friggin' Lord, get a life! Don't you have anything better to do than make up a controversy so you can feel self-justified? What absolute nonsense!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
From my experience (none on this old woman-afraid of needles and I personally don't like the look), people with tats have stories that are important to them. Life stories; many deeply meaningful and often painful. They are expressing and sharing like another "window into their soul."

In the old days, only the military, prisoners and the "counterculture" had tats. As the disenfranchised grew, so did the popularity of tats. Society definitely became more comfortable with them, including women.

They are a fad. Seeing more and more old tats just look bad on old, sagging skin. Getting a tat is often more than just a fashion statement. It's a permamnent reminder of something very important enough to pay money and endure pain to express what is in their soul-or it's a fleeting bad idea.

Either way, tats definitly are polarizing, except to the most accepting.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I know a lot of people with tattoos and I swear most of them say they got one when they were young and dumb or drunk.

Some have well thought out ink but most have at least one regret.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Bravo...ditto.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If women want to have tattoos, then that's their own business. I know men and women who are tattooed. I have seen some people (men and women) with terrible tattoos, either done by a moron, or just tasteless.

The history of tattoos in the modern world is quite interesting, and in some walks of life they are pretty much obligatory, such as in the ranks of the Royal Marines and Royal Navy.

I had a girlfriend many years ago who had a tattoo in an intimate place, and that was OK. This was before tattoos were so common.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So women with tattoos that are blatantly obvious ie- neck/face/hands/feet etc.

Are these women suffering some sort of identity crisis or is it that they believe it makes them cool/tuff/dangerous looking/sexy/standof-ish/more attractive etc.

I offer no opinion either way just wondering why they do it.

The ones on the face/neck/ hands etc could possibly very well be a distraction to facets of life later on couldn't it?

Or is it just to get more attention just like the blokes.

Some place them only in a location that can be covered and hidden others clearly favour total exposure.

Just wondering others takes on this.

I only asked about women as I'm male and i know why blokes do it.

I have ink from my right upper shoulder to my right ankle... 30 years or so of history, good times, bad times, my life on skin.

As to the why, I can only give you my reasoning.

Because I can... it's my body and I like accessorizing.

It makes me unique... there is nobody else with what I have.

A mirror tells me my history, reminds me of points in my life that were important enough to write about on me.

Another reason is that I find ink sexy.

An inkless body to me is a blank canvas... why hasn't the owner of it done anything in life interesting or important enough to commemorate it?

Now, there is nothing on me that shows if I wear a blouse and long skirt.

A bikini is an entirely different story...

To me a big turnoff on a man or woman is multiple piercings.

Or worse, the fad now of making a hole big enough in your ears that you can stick a finger through them.

So anyhow, there is one opinion from a woman for you.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I don't like tatoos on anyone, man or woman, but I respect their decision to get inked.
I personally can't imagine putting something permanent on my body. I like to change what I wear. I'd get tired of wearing the same sleeve or eagle or butterfly on my body after about 3 days. For me, wearing a different shirt or necklace, etc, is the way to go-- I can change them out whenever I feel like it!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join