It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women with tattoos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So women with tattoos that are blatantly obvious ie- neck/face/hands/feet etc.

Are these women suffering some sort of identity crisis or is it that they believe it makes them cool/tuff/dangerous looking/sexy/standof-ish/more attractive etc.

I offer no opinion either way just wondering why they do it.

The ones on the face/neck/ hands etc could possibly very well be a distraction to facets of life later on couldn't it?

Or is it just to get more attention just like the blokes.

Some place them only in a location that can be covered and hidden others clearly favour total exposure.

Just wondering others takes on this.

I only asked about women as I'm male and i know why blokes do it.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Are these women suffering some sort of identity crisis or is it that they believe it makes them cool/tuff/dangerous looking/sexy/standof-ish/more attractive etc.

The ones on the face/neck/ hands etc could possibly very well be a distraction to facets of life later on couldn't it?

Some place them only in a location that can be covered and hidden others clearly favour total exposure.

I've wondered this as well. I've never had a desire to get a tattoo, whether hidden or in an easy-to-see location.

I had a friend who got a small bumblebee tattooed on her hip bone. She got it, she said, because she thought it was cute.

I have a niece who got her dad's signature tattooed on her wrist, shortly before he died (we knew he was dying). At least that situation makes sense.

Looking forward to reading the thoughts in this thread, since for the most part the subject baffles me.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

My woman got some when she was younger, but does regret some of them now. She lost both of her parents fairly young which did play a part in her decision to get some.
So it seems as some mature they realize the downside later in life. Personally I have none but do not judge others who do.
edit on 6/23/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 6/23/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I've wondered this as well. I've never had a desire to get a tattoo, whether hidden or in an easy-to-see location.

I had a friend who got a small bumblebee tattooed on her hip bone. She got it, she said, because she thought it was cute.

I have a niece who got her dad's signature tattooed on her wrist, shortly before he died (we knew he was dying). At least that situation makes sense.

Looking forward to reading the thoughts in this thread, since for the most part the subject baffles me.

As am i KG, the wording of my thread was extremely thought out as i didn't want any hint of preconceptions.

Hope i achieved that. I'll know soon enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I think this is quite a sexist question. Why does a woman need any more justification to get inked in these places than a man does?

You offer no opinion but the fact you started this thread speaks volumes about that which you are not saying.

For the record I'm a slightly tattooed fella...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

because they like it?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I believe its a freedom act and a way of marking one's own territory. Women have had to be PC for a long time now, guess it's their way of saying enough is enough.a reply to: CthruU

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You don't need any reason for a tattoo over and above, say, the hairstyle you choose or the clothes you wear.
yes, it's (mostly) permanent, but still, it can come from a personal aesthetic idea, some sort of act of remembrance or any one of a ton of different things.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having face tattoos or hand ones, but if someone else wants that, it's no business of mine.

Specifically wondering about a woman's motivation is very old fashioned and patriarchal though.
I can't imagine there is any difference in why a woman would want to get inked than why I did.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I think this is quite a sexist question. Why does a woman need any more justification to get inked in these places than a man does?

You offer no opinion but the fact you started this thread speaks volumes about that which you are not saying.

Nothing sexest about it it's a question not a statement.

I offer no opinion because i don't have one, turn your "volume" down it's speaking volumes.

But I'll give you a bone to chew on instead of setting for the scraps - if you wanted to be successful in insinuating i have an agenda then you should of said " why's your thread in the grey area instead of general chit chat", maybe then you could have actually earned any stars you receive.

For your record - so am i...... - and no - i won't be answering my helpful tip at how to really read between the lines.

edit on 23-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
I believe its a freedom act and a way of marking one's own territory. Women have had to be PC for a long time now, guess it's their way of saying enough is enough.a reply to: CthruU

Cool.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
knowing how old people skin can sag and stretch, I can't help but wonder if those who get very visible tattoos, put enough thought into what they might look like in about 40 years. Not judging, do whatever makes you smile, but remember, much later in life, those smiles may come from others wondering what that blob on your neck is.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't have tattoos and whether it's a male or female I don't particularly like them. As I am attracted to females I can say that I find it unattractive.

Having a lot of very visible tattoos comes with some responsibility. When they become unfashionable who pays for them to be removed? Our NHS is burdened enough as it is in dealing with the results of people's own life decisions, it shouldn't be further burdened with this.

I have to add that people can cover their bodies with whatever they like (within legal limits of course) but I am giving my opinion not telling people they should not do something. As with all decisions there comes personal responsibility for those decisions.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Nothing sexest about it it's a question not a statement.

I offer no opinion because i don't have one, turn your "volume" down it's speaking volumes.

For your record - so am i.
Oh wow, you don’t even see how sexist your question is. Even though you directed this question at women only, knowing that this is something that men and women do in equal amounts?

People do things because they want to. I don’t think a deeper answer is even needed. It’s a fashion trend. Why do people wear certain clothes, hairstyles, makeup, piercings? Because they want to look a certain way, because they like it.

If i am pushed to go deeper, i would say that, people live in congested cities. It’s difficult to stand out and get noticed. Fashion trends seem to be a way to distinguish yourself as an individual or as part of a certain group. Extreme fashion trends like face tattoos are a signal to others that you don’t belong to the common everyday normal groups that so many seem to strive to reach. They don’t care about societal norms and standards. They don’t want a cashier job, no office 9-5. They are usually artists or work for themselves in some capacity.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

why do males do it ???????????/

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Why did you single women out? We all know that men do this far more often? Do you understand why men do it, but not understand why women do?
edit on 23-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My experience and it's limited so I can't say it goes for all is they had some issues at some time and it's how they dealt with them(don't judge), I find they are more at home going out drinking, watching sports with men, are more outgoing, very sexy and far better in bed, doing everything.
I love to see a woman with some ink.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I have lots of tattoos, I enjoy looking at women who have tattoos as well.
They're art, many of them tell a story and have meaning to the person. Though many don't have meaning and many also do just get them to look cool.

But I will agree that face tattoos are just stupid, I wouldn't hire someone with face tattoos. I think it just shows poor decision making.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I have a small tattoo on my upper arm by the shoulder. Just a lilypad and dragonfly with dates underneath to commemorate the lives of people who were dear to me and passed away. So quite obvious and visible during warm weather when I'm wearing short sleeves and sleeveless shirts. With longer sleeves, not visible. It's not really a spot known to wrinkle or sag, so I'm not especially worried about that.

I actually don't really care what anyone thinks, but I've only gotten compliments from those who do comment. For the most part, I don't even remember it's there. But when I do remember, it gives me just a little comfort.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

its my opinion that few people put any thought into " what thier new ink will look like in XX years "

i have none - and no interest - but its blisteringly obvious even to me - that the small font " words of wisdom " that seem popular at moment - are not durable

very few people i know - have tats that i find appealing - many are well done - but ..............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join