It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. women's soccer...Damm!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
You're living the dream Augustus. If men don't envy you, they don't know you lol.

You like tall, athletic chicks in skimpy outfits scampering on the beach? Give me a shout, I'll hook a brother up.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
You're living the dream Augustus. If men don't envy you, they don't know you lol.

You like tall, athletic chicks in skimpy outfits scampering on the beach? Give me a shout, I'll hook a brother up.

And if he prefers short out of shape hairy dudes in skimpy outfits sitting on a couch he can hit me up

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'll take all of the above

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

13-0 is running up the score a bit, but the tiebreaker is goal differential, so when a potential tie is broken by goal differential, it only makes sense that you would want to outscore your opposition by as much as possible. Team USA has nothing to do with that rule.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I like how excited they get when they score!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Another kindred spirit on a certain level. I would rather watch grass grow than watch a golf match or a three hour long game of baseball where everyone does there best pose and scratch , twitch or grab and pull and try and look bad then 1 to 3 seconds of action then another five of the grabbing and posing.

edit on 12-6-2019 by savagediver because: spelling

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

I loved baseball growing up in the 70s and 80s.
Pete rose.
Mike schmidt.
Ryan sandburg.
Greg Maddox.
Reggie jackson.
Steve Garvey.

The game is unrecognizable today.

But I'd still rather watch baseball than soccer, especially women soccer.

I'd say my favorites are college football "go irish!" Or girls softball.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I love Megan Rapinoe!!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Of course the media is trying to bash the u.s. team for continuing to celebrate after each goal.

On the one hand, I understand their enthusiasm and excitement... But on the other hand, at some point it's comparable to a grown adult celebrating taking candy from a baby.

Sometimes, self-awareness goes a long way. Sure, they kicked butt... but they can do so with class and grace as well. If there's anything worse than a poor loser, it's a poor winner.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Mia Hamm was so crazy good:

I was watching her play one time and she did jumped up over another player and headed a ball sideways. She had special powers!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Bloodworth

Of course the media is trying to bash the u.s. team for continuing to celebrate after each goal.

On the one hand, I understand their enthusiasm and excitement... But on the other hand, at some point it's comparable to a grown adult celebrating taking candy from a baby.

Sometimes, self-awareness goes a long way. Sure, they kicked butt... but they can do so with class and grace as well. If there's anything worse than a poor loser, it's a poor winner.

Exactly this. And to compare to men's teams is silly as most men's teams wouldn't be celebrating like that either. Just look back to Man City dismantling several teams last season - in several games they actually looked highly embarrassed to have scored again.

It is all about having a little class. The USWNT were super impressive and look like they will go a long way (still think France will win). For some perspective on Thailand, it is only 4 years ago that they had around 1'000 players in the whole of Thailand. Really, this was like Liverpool playing the Greater LA area and celebrating every goal like they had just won the Champions League (again!).

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Exactly this. And to compare to men's teams is silly as most men's teams wouldn't be celebrating like that either. Just look back to Man City dismantling several teams last season - in several games they actually looked highly embarrassed to have scored again.

Yes -- thank you! It would be very different if their skills had truly been challenged and they had won over comparable skill and talent. But this wasn't that.

When you've really got "it," you don't have to flaunt it, so you don't.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Agreed

And again, let’s not forget in just 2016 the us women’s team, when in the losing end of a game to an underdog (well they tied Sweden and didn’t move on) had team members act like children and insult the way their opponents played

You can’t have it both ways

If you are the sort of team that want to celebrate after your tenth goal and so forth, then you should have no complaints with the styles that other teams play with

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
"Star striker Alex Morgan - who was one of seven different goalscorers - scored five to tie the single-game goals record by a player."

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Too much political correctness in the World:

USA slammed for ‘disgusting’ celebrations in 13-0 thrashing of Thailand in Women’s World Cup

The way they celebrate is the best part of the game! I love watching the girls get excited!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This one was watch to watch:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I did like the game where the girl started stripping after the win but she stopped after taking off her shirt so I lost interest

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Volleyball and gymnastics are by far the most 'entertaining' to watch

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Boadicea

Agreed

And again, let’s not forget in just 2016 the us women’s team, when in the losing end of a game to an underdog (well they tied Sweden and didn’t move on) had team members act like children and insult the way their opponents played

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of this so I looked it up...

Solo, whose flippant Twitter posts last month about the Zika virus had led to the jeers she encountered here, had trouble containing herself when she spoke to reporters.

After praising her teammates for tying the game in the 75th minute, saying it “showed a lot of heart,” she ripped into the Swedes, saying they had played like “a bunch of cowards.”
Source: New York Times
So a poor winner AND a poor loser.

You can’t have it both ways

If you are the sort of team that want to celebrate after your tenth goal and so forth, then you should have no complaints with the styles that other teams play with

Agreed. This is all very poor form. Very very poor sportsmanship.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I love womens gymnastics in the Olympics but I cant watch the men.
The ladies are fantastic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join