It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. women's soccer...Damm!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And secondly, in relation to the Thai keeper, a good goalkeeper doesn't have to have height in order to be good, but being able to stand up to a shot DOES make a lot of difference

She did surprisingly well with her close range reaction saves in my opinion.

It was anything four feet to either side that was a real problem, no lateral reach.

Secondly at 5 foot 5 inches I can't imagine her hands being any bigger than your average 12 year old boy..which is why she gave up so many rebounds, and failed miserably to parry a big clearance..

And the form... don't get me started on the form..

Positioning?

Lol no angles were cut by her..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: alldaylong

Same thing happens with women's hockey.
They get beat by high school men's teams.
Not all too surprising, really

And also why letting transgenders compete against women is such a joke.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's hard to understand. Sometimes, when you're keyed up and ready to compete, you need an outlet. So long as they weren't overtly rubbing it in (signalling to the other team, telling them they suck, etc.), then healthy, positive celebration should not be an issue for either team.

The impulse to feel some kind of shame because you're pounding another team into the turf smacks of the "Everyone Gets a Trophy" mentality.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Grambler

I watched my daughters softball season this year and it really bugged me when people would be cheering when someone made a mistake.

Your kid hit an easy pop up in the infield and the fielders collided.....
"Good job"
"Nice hit"

No! It was a bad hit with some luck attached..

Depends on your daughter's level of skill. I stopped playing softball at the tournament level in junior high, but I hadn't yet gotten to the point where they were teaching us how to avoid hitting pop-up fly balls.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Can you imagine a celebration like that after hitting a home run?
Better pay attention during your next at bat cuz a high hard one is coming your way.

In the world series, I can. This is like the World Series for soccer.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Mike Stivic

No problem at all with “running up the score”

I really don’t have a problem with the celebrations either

Just pointing out this is a team that whines and moaned when the tied in 2016, now celebrating their 11th goal and so in in a game

Pick oneor the other: your a team that doesn’t care what the score is and welcomes evry style of play and celebrating, or you whine and moan the other team are cowards by playing defensively when you tie them and this don’t celebrate when you score ten plus goals

Maybe they're celebrating because they tied back then? They may be keeping themselves going so they don't lose out the same way a second time. It's possible they know every one of those goals might be dead useful and important down the line so they don't lose out to another team later on and go home disappointed.

I've been in races as the anchor leg of a relay where I was so far ahead of the competition that all I had to do was not fall on my face or drop the baton and we'd win, but I had teammates spaced around the track cheering me on like maniacs because our goal was a record, not the win.

Were we "rubbing it in"?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But trans women should be allowed to compete in non team women's High School, Collegiate and Professional Sports, cause... "Equality"

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's schoolboy level football.
Not seen a single talented player.

I bet they could all take you in most athletic tasks.

Same time training, same age. Not a chance. At any sport.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

But trans women should be allowed to compete in non team women's High School, Collegiate and Professional Sports, cause... "Equality"

There should only be one professional category - no mens or womens sport, just the sport.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So basically, only men should ever be allowed to know what it's like to compete and feel that thrill?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Bluntone22

Beach volleyball

I wonder why those women "who are amazing athletes" dress like that to play?
Respect our ability as we play nearly naked..

Selling something I guess.

I asked the high school principal how they can have a dress code and let the volleyball team play in spandex shorts....
He didnt have an answer..

I played some men's volleyball in high school. If it didn't feel so darned gay, I would have worn spandex shorts too. Women are lucky like that, they can play in attire befitting an hour of quick movements without making the crown throw up in their mouths.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Yeah, I ran track and the guys all wore the tights. They leave nothing to the imagination. You do know who's got it and who doesn't.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agree 100%
The real joke is the people who PRETEND there is no difference.

edit on 13-6-2019 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

In my opinion, equality would be letting them compete against each other.
TNBA, ect.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: UKTruth

So basically, only men should ever be allowed to know what it's like to compete and feel that thrill?

Everyone should be able to compete - against each other.
The bottom line is this - millions, probably hundreds of millions, of people with MORE talent are NOT able to compete and feel the thrill of competition. All because of their gender.
Why are women only events/sports allowed?
edit on 16/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join