It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Just Demonetized Secureteam10 For Misleading BS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I just read about this, on another popular website...YouTube has just demonetized the secureteam10 channel for posting "misleading thumbnails and tags."

Guys, this could be the end and I need your help... Youtube has just demonetized my ENTIRE channel for no reason, leaving me with no way to support myself, my family and keep the channel going. The nonsense reasoning they gave was due to "misleading thumbnails and tags" in my videos, but refuse to point to an exact video that has done it. This makes no sense, as every thumbnail and tag I use, relates directly to content in the video. Obviously I like to keep some mystery, but every channel does this. So here's how you can help.. If you have a Twitter account, I would ask that you PLEASE send a tweet to @TeamYoutube and @Youtube, asking them why they have done this to your friend @SecureTeam10. It would mean the world to me, otherwise I have no other option. Let's make a fuss and show Youtube that censorship isn't cool!
m.facebook.com...

What about the hundreds of other bogus UFO channels on YouTube, that post obvious, fake UFO stories, as well as obvious CGI UFOs and then pawn them off as real? Heck, how many phony stories has Thirdphaseofmoon posted over the years? These channels all prey on the gullible and weak minded...and make money from it. Shouldn't they be demonetized too?

I've always believed that at least 50% of secureteam10's posts were nonsense, but, so what? No one forced me, or other people to watch them. Is this borderline censorship? If YouTube is willing to do this to secureteam10, shouldn't they also do it to the hundreds of other channels that post misleading material on their channels? What do you think? Do you agree with the following comment, from a poster on the other website?

YouTube might be in the wrong, they certainly have some #y practices. That doesn't mean every time they bring down the ban hammer, it's automatically censorship. YouTube also has a reputation for hosting bull#, and paying con artists to peddle snake oil. That's even more #y, and I'm glad they're cleaning it up, even if the process is imperfect.

www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The work of a competing channel, no doubt.

He should just take legal action, so Youtube is forced to investigate.

I bet $100 they figure out his report flags were ultimately made by new accounts and/or competing channels.

His fanbase is diehard, I doubt his typical audience would report him.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I agree. Even though I'm no fan of Tyler's channel, I believe he was unfairly singled out.

+3 more 
posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
No it is not borderline censorship, it is absolute censorship. Yet there are some dodgy vids on YouTube that sexualise or corrupt kids yet even after numerous complaints, they are not demonitised or taken down. Tells you a lot about where YouTube is at.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Youtube is really out on thin ice here.
Or do they have proof that all the UFO stuff is false?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wouldn't you have a full time job to support a family and do youtube on the side ?

Either way its ashame.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Learn2code

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
And free Alex.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

We don't know if YouTube is doing this to him only or if they are cleaning the house and other demonetized youtubers are not protesting.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Seems like the market is open for some group to start a video hosting site.

Yeah it seems #y but it is their business leaves them open to competition.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I have never really been a fan of his Channel, and most of his thumbnail titles are clickbait. In saying that I’m aware there have been whisperings of Channel takedowns covering this topic. Richard Dolan and Jimmy Church we’re discussing this a few days ago on Richards YouTube Channel regarding censorship. It’s flat out wrong that Tyler should be shut down completely, there just isnt any valid justification to go through with it. If YouTube is going to win Tylers appeal we are in serious jeopardy of a domino effect where Richards Channel will be next, then Linda. Why the hell hasn’t Third Phase been shut down as well? This is all very strange.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I liked Secureteam10. Yeah they get a bad wrap here, standards are not as high for factual encounters.

But when dealing with the big, deep unknown that is before us, they do help get you thinking. Have seen some interesting videos at times from them.

As for the bigger issue of getting 'demonetized', it is becoming more prevalent and having more of an impact as an information based economy emerges and grows. China is well on its was with its social credit system, cannot even get on a train if score is too low.

Just who decides and why?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Our environment was not formed,

IT
WAS
BUILT

:devil

edit on 24-5-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
how do i tell if a y-tube chanel = moneterised ?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It needed to happen. Censorship? No. Tyler, like just about 90 percent bef YouTubers is an absolute deadbeat criminal. I am sorry but there is NOTHING legal about taking hundreds if not thousands of people's videos and compiling them into a produxt which you makmae a whole lot of money off of. Forget about the fat his attitude isso obscenely entitled as if he earnd his living in the first place... h simply doesn't see anyone could do what he does but nobody else has so little integrity to. we aren't talking censorship we are talking serious plagiarism and theft an violation of international agreements and back in the day no joke he would be hit with a quarter million dollar fine and six months to a year in prison and rightfullyso. I am soickbof these smug little kids on YouTube so proud to be committing crimes and raping th creators of their content of their money.c

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

No shortage of Youtubers asking for handouts seems all have like 10 min of violin music,and how they work hard,then young kids rebuild Lambo's high dollar cars ,they make bank,but Tyler has posted some BS,like when he said MIA were watching him,it was a green chevy trailblazer,think they would do better,all about the bucks

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
It needed to happen. Censorship? No. Tyler, like just about 90 percent bef YouTubers is an absolute deadbeat criminal. I am sorry but there is NOTHING legal about taking hundreds if not thousands of people's videos and compiling them into a produxt which you makmae a whole lot of money off of. Forget about the fat his attitude isso obscenely entitled as if he earnd his living in the first place... h simply doesn't see anyone could do what he does but nobody else has so little integrity to. we aren't talking censorship we are talking serious plagiarism and theft an violation of international agreements and back in the day no joke he would be hit with a quarter million dollar fine and six months to a year in prison and rightfullyso. I am soickbof these smug little kids on YouTube so proud to be committing crimes and raping th creators of their content of their money.c

I suppose you think Mystery Science Theater 3K needs to be crucified too?
I bet you really hated VHS Pop-up Video, back in the day.
Probably never tolerated one second of Tosh.0, Carson Daily TRL on MTV, America's Funniest Home Videos, etc...

You must have a pretty difficult job, for people like that to piss you off so easily.
No one made you be a hard worker, if you think you can do better than Secureteam, go ahead and do it?
It'd be a win-win for me. I'm just a content consumer.

Realize that there is an art to presentation though, and the way you portray someone else's work, can be work itself.

Why hire museum curators and tour guides?
How dare someone make profit by displaying all the hard work of DaVinci, Gustave Caillebotte, Claude Monet, Picasso, etc...
Those museums didn't make any art! They shouldn't get any money from the public, they're ripping off those impressionist era artists!

edit on 24-5-2019 by Archivalist because: wow guy

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It's their site, they can do what they want. Don't like it? Get a job.

Period.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
It's their site, they can do what they want. Don't like it? Get a job.

Period.

Gotta ask a perspective question though.

What would happen, if a single Youtube channel made more profit revenue than the whole rest of Youtube altogether.
Then Youtube attempts to delete that channel or shut them down.

Fair, Youtube's website.
The downside, if they were to sue Youtube for damages, it's kind of easy to prove that Youtube's actions incurred significant losses, in that case. Sure, they probably would never be a monetized entity on Youtube, ever again...

But I have a feeling they'll be walking away from the court room with some heavy pockets.

America's version of free capitalism, includes civil action and the judicial branch.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Is this borderline censorship?

No, it is not.

If YouTube is willing to do this to secureteam10, shouldn't they also do it to the hundreds of other channels that post misleading material on their channels? What do you think?

Imho they should. But it is up to Youtube to enforce their rules on monetization.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join