It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Just Demonetized Secureteam10 For Misleading BS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
About time. Secureteam10 and its amazing amount of drivel has not been censored. It's just that he can't make mountains of money from YouTube BECAUSE advertisers don't want to be associated with him. He can still post the stuff. It's just that YouTube will no longer pay him. So he's whining about it.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

But I have a feeling they'll be walking away from the court room with some heavy pockets.

You are wrong, why would they? youtube is a private company, they do not owe anything. It's like if a retailer decides they will no longer carry a product, you think the manufacture can then sue the retailer for losses..nope

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What about the hundreds of other bogus UFO channels on YouTube, that post obvious, fake UFO stories

Their getting to them don't worry.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm always amazed at how the leftist always support censoring anyone they don't agree with... Today it is UFOs, tomorrow it will be something else.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
It's their site, they can do what they want. Don't like it? Get a job.

Period.

In that case youtube could cull out anyone with a message they don't agree with and completely and selectively control information and belief would that be right?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

a reply to: shawmanfromny What about the hundreds of other bogus UFO channels on YouTube, that post obvious, fake UFO stories

What about the hundreds of other bogus UFO channels on YouTube, that post obvious, fake UFO stories

Who gets to decide what is fake when we can't all view and have an opinion?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Period.

In that case youtube could cull out anyone with a message they don't agree with and completely and selectively control information and belief would that be right?

Nobody is forcing you to watch youtube. Neither is it a particularly good/reliable source of information, give how bs artists like Secureteam could thrive for so long.

Besides. They are a private business. Their shop, their rules. When you create a youtube account you agree to that rules.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have watched many of his videos and to be honest, whenever the video was somewhat shady, he always told people "Not sure about this one, might be fake, lets figure it out". At least the ones I have seen. I don't think I have ever seen him claim any of them to be 100% true since we all know it's impossible to know whether a ufo video is real or not.

I have not seen every single video of his, far from it. And i'm sure most of his stuff is fake like most everyone else's. How can you even mislead on a subject that cannot easily even be proven? But I do feel he is being singled out. This really isn't about him asomuch youtube.

There is clearly shady things going on with them. Like another poster said, why aren't the videos of the left, that can actually cause harm if some idiot were to carry out anything based on those video, taken down? You think they would do that to Theyoungturks, etc? IMO it is clear as day what is going on.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Period.

a reply to: shawmanfromny What about the hundreds of other bogus UFO channels on YouTube, that post obvious, fake UFO stories

They did not cull the videos. You can still view them, and SecureTeam is free to keep posting them.

YouTube did not take the videos down nor did they restrict anyone's ability to access to SecureTeam's channel. They just took away the money-making advertising from the channel because they felt SecureTeams video titles were intentionally misleading.

edit on 5/24/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Period.

Nobody is forcing you to watch youtube. Neither is it a particularly good/reliable source of information, give how bs artists like Secureteam could thrive for so long.

Besides. They are a private business. Their shop, their rules. When you create a youtube account you agree to that rules.

News has private business to but they can effect change and control the views of the public.
It can be a danger when they choose who to censor.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I don't like him either.

But this is unfair. Either all of 'em, or none of 'em. SecureTeam is hardly the only one peddling nonsense.

...and it's advertisers money, isn't it?? If they're not unhappy, why should the PTB's at youtube be unhappy??

But, it's youtubes business to ruin as they see fit. Maybe if this happens enough, a competitor will come along, or the ones out there already will get a boost.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Period.

They did not cull the videos. You can still view them, and SecureTeam is free to keep posting them.

YouTube did not take the videos down nor did they restrict anyone's ability to access to SecureTeam's channel. They just took away the money-making advertising from the channel because they felt SecureTeams video titles were intentionally misleading.

I think many of the titles are way misleading and I am not opposed to them making People stop. Many show pictures of things that don't even show up on the video and as far as the money the whole money thing has led to scams.

But I know certain People have become jealous of others who make money and the competition they give them. Some of these have attachments to wealthy individuals who perhaps have exerted pressure to have others $$ stopped.

Everything is corrupt.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The owners of the business get to decide what is on their platform.

And that is how it should be.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Period.

YouTube did not take the videos down nor did they restrict anyone's ability to access to SecureTeam's channel. They just took away the monetarization (money-making advertising) from the channel because they felt SecureTeams video titles were intentionally misleading.

But leftist or any other people with obviously misleading videos can continue to get paid with their misleading videos....

The problem is there is a clear bias in how they are determining who gets demonetized. I think what most people want is some consistency and clear rules. People invest a lot of time and money in building their channels and to have their business essentially shut down is not fair to them.

I didnt' watch the channel in question. Any idiot knows to take any UFO vlog with a grain of salt. It is entertainment. So I wonder what the real intention was here?

A misleading UFO channel gets demonetized by I can go to any number of channels and see offensive music videos talking about b*tches and hoes and killing. Advertisers don't seem to have a problem. Yet some guy making UFO videos is cause for demonetization?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Poor right-wing nutters seeing leftist agendas everywhere. ROFL.

The sky was clouded today, must those nasty leftists spraying chemtrails!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: Edumakated

Poor right-wing nutters seeing leftist agendas everywhere. ROFL.

The sky was clouded today, must those nasty leftists spraying chemtrails!

So much emotion, but little facts in your response. Typical.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There is Bitchute and also a new one that apparently uses it's own crypto only Called Dtube.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm always amazed at how the leftist always support censoring anyone they don't agree with... Today it is UFOs, tomorrow it will be something else.

censored or demonitized?

because aint nothing been censored

secureteam10 youtube channel
edit on 24-5-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

censored or demonitized?

because aint nothing been censored

secureteam10 youtube channel

It is indirectly censoring by removing the ability to make money from the work. It cost time and money to produce videos. If one is not being compensated, then they likely won't spend too much time producing videos.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It is indirectly censoring by removing the ability to make money from the work.

The inability to profit from fake UFO videos is hardly gonna make ANYONE lose sleep.

I doubt YT even considered 'censorship' as a driving force for this - why would they care a single jot, considering the vast swathes of contentious - and far worse - BS on other channels.

However, I agree with a previous comment that targeting this channel ALONE makes no sense. I've never watched it and will never watch it, but that's beside the point, and doesn't detract from the seemingly unfair one-sidedness of this decision.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join