It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department orders all non emergency personnel to leave Iraq immediately.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Looks like its really here...

If Trump launches an unprovoked attack on Iran I will quickly turn on a dime and express my extreme hatred for him as Bush 2.0

Bush deserves to be hung at the Hague for what he did to Iraq, if Trump follows in his foot steps I hope they hang together.

Starting to feel like this isn't just posturing...

www.npr.org...

May 15, 20194:40 AM ET
The State Department has ordered all "non-emergency" U.S. government employees to leave Iraq right away.

The travel advisory specifically orders the departure of employees at the U.S. embassy in Baghdad and consulate in Erbil, noting that "normal visa services will be temporarily suspended at both posts."

There's reports Iran has setup multiple missile units around US bases and embassies in Iraq.

So why haven't they been taken care of?

edit on 15/5/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

unprovoked attack on Iran

For weeks there has been intelligence (probably NSA radio/electronic intercept) saying there were credible threats that Iran was planning on carrying out something "Not Nice" !

Then the tankers and the Saudi oil fields were supposedly attacked. Sounds pretty provoked to me if any of the attacks were true.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I personally would not believe a single story told to me by the UAE or Saudi Arabia.

More likely they engineered this situation themselves since Iran is rapidly turning into the regional hegemon, the Saudi's don't like that idea much and this is the only way they can prevent that from happening.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I am very suspicious of those freighters damage... also the drone attack on Saudi oil facilities seems amateur hour with little to no damage.

No proof, no arrests, no confessions..

I have seen nothing to say Iran is responsible or that anything terrorist like occurred.

edit on 15/5/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

unprovoked attack on Iran

For weeks there has been intelligence (probably NSA radio/electronic intercept) saying there were credible threats that Iran was planning on carrying out something "Not Nice" !

Yet, the British don't agree

That contradicts what British Maj. Gen. Chris Ghika, a senior officer in the U.S.-backed coalition fighting the Islamic State group, said Tuesday, insisting “there’s been no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq and Syria.”

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

If Trump launches an unprovoked attack on Iran I will quickly turn on a dime and express my extreme hatred for him as Bush 2.0

Bush deserves to be hung at the Hague for what he did to Iraq, if Trump follows in his foot steps I hope they hang together.

www.npr.org...

May 15, 20194:40 AM ET
The State Department has ordered all "non-emergency" U.S. government employees to leave Iraq right away.

The travel advisory specifically orders the departure of employees at the U.S. embassy in Baghdad and consulate in Erbil, noting that "normal visa services will be temporarily suspended at both posts."

There's reports Iran has setup multiple missile units around US bases and embassies in Iraq.

Yep. I have been saying all along, Trump is not what some of you think he is. He is an instrument of more powerful people; people who hide in the shadows but wield big sticks. I am not an American. I feel its important to say this because I think you guys are blinded by domestic issues and can't see the bigger picture of what is really happening here. The same plan is still ongoing, and it has been across multiple administrations. Fingers crossed nothing happens because a war in Iran will make Iraq look like a Sunday picnic.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

I am not there yet, Trump was parking aircraft carriers and bombers off NKoreas coast pushing him to talk. Trump seems to show up with gun locked and loaded because he knows playing chicken doesn't work.

Iran have already stated "no one is seeking war"

So lets pray cooler heads prevail

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I'm sure its been posted many times, but a good time and place to put it I think.

edit on 15-5-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

Trying to figure how to post youtube videos again lol

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Only copy and paste the digits after the = sign.

Yes the old general called it quite some time ago, Iran clearly needs a central bank.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Cheers

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Good news..!

I wish they all leave the Iraq and entire Middle East ASAP and never come back. Although they’ve said the same crap many times before but I just hope this time is for real.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

No it really isn't.
This is just bureaucratic inertia, it is not indicative of imminent military action. Don't stress out about it and don't buy into the hype.

The US has not increased is military presence in the region in any meaningfull way. They've deployed Eagles out of Lakenheath after the F-22s were withdrawn in Februrary and moved some B-52s back into the AO instead of the B-1s they had deployed last year.

Worst case there will be some airstrikes at some point. Think of that what you will, but it wouldnt be remotley comparable with the Invasion of Iraq in 2003.

You just said you didn't want a war.
edit on 15-5-2019 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Hope you're right. There have been a number of false alarms with Iran going back to the bush administration. There was one time, was it 05 or 06, where it looked almost certain it was going to happen. Let us hope this follows that pattern. I have to say though, I have a bad feeling this time for some reason.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

If this move is followed by the additional deployment of the reported 120,000 troops the White House is considering sending to the region then that feeling may be borne out.

I hope the fact there is no "coalition of the willing" this time keeps this in sabre-rattling territory unless the US and Israel feel confident enough to go it alone in the face of international criticism.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I truly don't want anything to happen. I feel if it does, China and Russia wont sit this one out. I don't trust none of the parties involved on all sides as far as intelligence goes. I don't think any of them are that intelligent. This is not a good situation.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The British officer was obviously left out of the email chain from Netanyahu! 😁

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I am very suspicious of those freighters damage... also the drone attack on Saudi oil facilities seems amateur hour with little to no damage.

No proof, no arrests, no confessions..

I have seen nothing to say Iran is responsible or that anything terrorist like occurred.

Regarding the attack yesterday on the Saudi oilfields....

Iranian state media said Tuesday the pipeline attack in Saudi Arabia was carried out by "seven drones of Yemen's armed forces," citing an unnamed Yemeni source who said the operation was "retaliation for Saudi Arabia's aggression and siege of the impoverished Arabian Peninsula state."

Well, there is no way that Yemin has its own drones, let alone precision guided drones, let alone the remote control facilities required to launch and direct them...so, by Iran announcing that Yemen conducted the assualt, it is really saying two things:

1) This was not a U.S. "false flag" operation
2) Iran is responsible for supplying the drones and associated facilities, and more than likely piloted them.

I too find the attack on the Saudi tankers to be a bit suspect (as to whether or not the U.S. conducted the operation)...but as to there being no proof of Iran's involvement in the pipeline incident, I think you just have to look at their own announcement.

Yemeni Armed Drones Attack

Yemen’s Houthi rebels, whom Saudi Arabia has been fighting against since March 2015, said they launched a series of drone attacks on the kingdom, across the border from Yemen. The spokesman of the rebels, Mohammed Abdel-Salam, told The Associated Press: “This is a message to Saudi Arabia, stop your aggression.”

Rebels Claim Responsibility

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The allegations I have seen many times, accusing Iran of supplying everything from catapults to ballistic missiles to the Houthi’s always miss one vital component.....how is Iran getting all this stuff delivered?
There is no overland route, the skies are closed and the entire coast is blockaded and under massive surveillance.

Maybe Iran has developed teleportation tech!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join