It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department orders all non emergency personnel to leave Iraq immediately.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Women and children who can't fight, men who aren't able bodied, and those who CAN fight, but would depend on the others to defend their freedom.

Defend our freedom from who? Iraq? Were we going to lose our freedom because of Iraq? How about Afghanistan?

Better yet, the thread is really about Iran. Are we as a nation at risk of losing our freedom because of Iran?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

There's 330,000,000 Americans and at least 80,000,000 are able bodied patriots and we have our own culture as well. If there's a threat to our country

Do you think Iran is a threat to our country?

I have no idea. I don't have enough information to tell. I didn't say an attack on Iran was a good idea, I'm just saying that if they, or anyone else, become a threat to our country, we have more than enough people ready to fight.

And if Trump and the head of the Military stand in front of the cameras and address the Nation that they have evidence that Iran is a threat to the nation and proceed to provide evidence, like maybe WMD or something, are you going to believe them? A lot of people believed Colin Powell when he showed all those diagrams in front of the UN back in 2003.

How can anyone believe what any one says enough to go to war in this current world?

I guess we'll cross that bridge when/if we get there. In my opinion, the public shouldn't be aware of any of it because in this day and age, our enemies will find out just as fast if we plan to do anything. Military leaders should be briefed with the top secret intelligence that is found and then make a decision on what to do. The public can be filled in on the why's, the who's, and the how's after the fact.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

At this point you could have actual proof of something and someone else will come up with "it's photo-shopped" or what not and muddy the waters so much no one will believe it.

A UFO could land at the capitol building and and alien could step out and address a joint session of congress with the MSM from all networks broadcasting it live and someone would pipe up, "It looks like CGI to me. It's all fake!"

Unfortunately the US has cried wolf too many times.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The public can be filled in on the why's, the who's, and the how's after the fact.

This would cause repeats of Iraq.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Women and children who can't fight, men who aren't able bodied, and those who CAN fight, but would depend on the others to defend their freedom.

Defend our freedom from who? Iraq? Were we going to lose our freedom because of Iraq? How about Afghanistan?

Better yet, the thread is really about Iran. Are we as a nation at risk of losing our freedom because of Iran?

I've already told you IF there's a threat to our country, and I didn't know whether or not Iran was a threat, that we have more people willing and able. Come on, man.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The public can be filled in on the why's, the who's, and the how's after the fact.

It wouldn't matter coming from the public. All that matters is what the military knows when it involves war. That's just my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It wouldn't matter coming from the public. All that matters is what the military knows when it involves war. That's just my opinion.

Knows or wants? I believe all wars are politically-driven as this one may turn out to be. And America's response..."I'm your huckleberry".

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Agit8dChop

unprovoked attack on Iran

For weeks there has been intelligence (probably NSA radio/electronic intercept) saying there were credible threats that Iran was planning on carrying out something "Not Nice" !

Yet, the British don't agree

That contradicts what British Maj. Gen. Chris Ghika, a senior officer in the U.S.-backed coalition fighting the Islamic State group, said Tuesday, insisting “there’s been no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq and Syria.”

Who do we believe, our intelligence or Britain's?

LMAO, you mean the same U.S. intelligence that put the U.S. in Iraq ?? for the "WMDs"

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're OK with the public not getting the facts before a war because Trump is driving the bus.

What if Hillary was the Commander and Chief of our armed forces? Would you be OK with that model being able to engage "threats" without informing the tax payers and soldiers why we were engaging?

That question is rhetorical, you can answer if you wish.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I say let saudisandiranians. Duke it out go0eet our people out of line of fire . This is most likely a false. Flag sit done by Saudis that is. Their m.o. .But I say they have guns let them fight their own war.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Besides really dont trust the Brits as much anymore, look at the Steele dossier LOL

That was a private intelligence "service", not done by the government.
'

Said in jest, but no I dont trust the Brits either LOL.

BOTTOM LINE going to take more than drones plinking off tankers and oil fields to get the U.S to project thier freedom over Iran.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The way I see it, if they're going to do a war, they should do it right. I don't want wars but if you're going to fight them, fight them the way you fought WW2. Fight to win and do not pull punches and clean up the mess when it's over.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Didn't this start over increased sanctions?

Iran is going to usher destruction upon themselves, taking massive damage and casualties, for a token political gain or national gain somehow? Well, now we can make our nukes, they already came and gave us a bloody nose.

There's no intel being presented showing how they are an imminent threat to the U.S. in any way. At least Iraq had the WMD hunt and WMD premise for invading. They were in repeat violation of U.N. resolutions and monitored closely. We haven't been enforcing a no fly zone in Iran for some time, Iran isn't doing the things Iraq did to warrant a large scale conflict.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So Germany and The Netherlands have suspended their missions in Iraq and Exxon Mobile has pulled its workers out.

Irans IRGCC has stated we are on the cusp..

Get ready

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: mightmight

Hope you're right. There have been a number of false alarms with Iran going back to the bush administration. There was one time, was it 05 or 06, where it looked almost certain it was going to happen. Let us hope this follows that pattern. I have to say though, I have a bad feeling this time for some reason.

It's been told and foreseen for centuries that the final battle on Earth, before peace reigns supreme again, will be fought between Islam and the West (and the West's allies). The final battle between good and evil.

What to do.... What to do.

Serious question ... which one is good, and which one i evil?
not seeing the good in any of the choices.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
IRAN IS ACTIVELY USING, TRAINING, AND FINANCING TERROR CELLS THAT ARE ACTIVELY ATTACKING US TROOPS IN IRAQ.

That warrants retaliation in a big way. What is the OP 12 years old? Does the OP not realize the Iraq war from Bush Sr. never officially came to an end? There was a ceasefire which means Bush could have just declared the ceasefire over and attacked Iraq the same way Clinton unilaterally bombed Iraqi targets through his entire tenure in as President but you morons are either too partisan and stupid or you're just really young and naive I'm not sure which one.. Iran is like athletes foot on Americas toe and it's about time we gave it some treatment.
edit on 15-5-2019 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

There's 330,000,000 Americans and at least 80,000,000 are able bodied patriots and we have our own culture as well. If there's a threat to our country

Do you think Iran is a threat to our country?

I have no idea. I don't have enough information to tell. I didn't say an attack on Iran was a good idea, I'm just saying that if they, or anyone else, become a threat to our country, we have more than enough people ready to fight.

And if Trump and the head of the Military stand in front of the cameras and address the Nation that they have evidence that Iran is a threat to the nation and proceed to provide evidence, like maybe WMD or something, are you going to believe them? A lot of people believed Colin Powell when he showed all those diagrams in front of the UN back in 2003.

How can anyone believe what any one says enough to go to war in this current world?

I guess we'll cross that bridge when/if we get there. In my opinion, the public shouldn't be aware of any of it because in this day and age, our enemies will find out just as fast if we plan to do anything. Military leaders should be briefed with the top secret intelligence that is found and then make a decision on what to do. The public can be filled in on the why's, the who's, and the how's after the fact.

They aren't even informing Congress. What a f u.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Not a fan of wars. But if we Western nations get suckered into another one can we do it properly this time.

No need for ground wars, just carpet bomb any nation deemed enemy from one end to the other and repeat until there's nobody left to retaliate.

This is why we have these damn ongoing wars. Nobody ever finishes the job properly.

It may sound inhumane, but if it were any other animals keeping mankind back, making life for the civilized difficult be it rats, cockroaches, birds and any other number of species we would not think twice about extincting them.

Not sure why we view humans any different. A shark does what a shark does, but we happily kill them, yet we tend to turn a blind eye to the evils of men who willingly choose using supposed intelligence to be sharks against their fellow men.

Sure our nations have probably created a lot of this mess, but a lot of the mess was created thousands of years ago before many of our countries even existed.

Middle East in general is a cancer for a humanity that wants to progress. It never ends, it never will. Short wars, peace talks, we've tried everything (appearance wise anyway) and nothing works.
Well except for the one thing nobody has tried in a long time, a full blown proper extermination.

It's terrible. I hate to think of the innocent lives to be lost, but it's just going to keep going forever or until they wipe us out first, be it via passive invasion and over breeding or some kind of messed up religion based terror and war.

We have the tech. Have had it for a long time. About time we used it.

Give them all a deadline. Clean up your acts within a month. Any country still at conflict by the deadline will just be glassed from existence.

It's time we started looking at the bigger global picture as a single species, and quite clearly not all men were created equal be damned what anyone says, and it is nothing to do with race or religion. It's about human behaviour.

But yeah, you so much as leave one person alive, you'll always have someone wanting revenge.

Kind of hate this world is like this that it has made me feel this way, but I seriously can see no other way to do it using the same old bull# systems and ways we've always done it.

It's 2019. We have space stations and satellites and RC cars on other planets. All the stupid BS has to go once and for all.
We're stagnating here.
edit on 16-5-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

I am very suspicious of those freighters damage... also the drone attack on Saudi oil facilities seems amateur hour with little to no damage.

No proof, no arrests, no confessions..

I have seen nothing to say Iran is responsible or that anything terrorist like occurred.

Go on YouTube and watch a majority of the country chant death to America.

If your gay in Iran or saudi Arabia I believe you are killed on spot by a mob.

These places needed a dose of freedom 500 years ago.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Looks like its really here...

If Trump launches an unprovoked attack on Iran I will quickly turn on a dime and express my extreme hatred for him as Bush 2.0

Bush deserves to be hung at the Hague for what he did to Iraq, if Trump follows in his foot steps I hope they hang together.

Starting to feel like this isn't just posturing...

www.npr.org...

May 15, 20194:40 AM ET
The State Department has ordered all "non-emergency" U.S. government employees to leave Iraq right away.

The travel advisory specifically orders the departure of employees at the U.S. embassy in Baghdad and consulate in Erbil, noting that "normal visa services will be temporarily suspended at both posts."

There's reports Iran has setup multiple missile units around US bases and embassies in Iraq.

So why haven't they been taken care of?

LOL The Hague? Americans don't submit to the global police farce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join