It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Think about what you just wrote there for a minute.

I think the answer will become crystal clear.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Throw the book at him. I have no sympathy for people who illegally leak classified information. He's not a "whistleblower." Whistleblowers expose wrongdoing. He indiscriminately leaked anything he could get his hands on, including information that put people's lives at risk. That's not protected by whistleblower laws. # this scumbag.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

The downside of that is a 5 year sentence is not really something worthy of extradition over.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"The Plan" is being executed.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: uncommitted

All I can say is Assange better drop the bomb with the cypher key now, while he's still alive! He doesn't have much time left, in my opinion!

I completely forgot about Julian Assange, the only time I think of him is when I hear Seth Rich's murder.

If he had any cypher key he should of played it long ago...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Poor Assange.

He won't be watching the last season of Game of Thrones.

What a bummer.
TV's are allowed in UK prisons, he has people outside backing him so his time in the clink should be pretty easy, this ain't the US lol

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Poor Assange.

He won't be watching the last season of Game of Thrones.

What a bummer.

Are you kidding me - they get to watch as much tv as they like in prison. He'll be able to watch the entire thing on catch up.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
HA!! The MSM is already going crazy!

They can't figure out how to spin this where it works to their advantage and their agenda! They're stumbling all over the place. I've seen at least 4 stories get revised in the past 30 minutes.

Their Rome is burning!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Careful with that.
I have some suspicions about the timing of this... it's too close to the Mueller report.
Assange may well be used as a plan B (or should I say a plan z!)... if he is persuaded to implicate people it will carry a lot of weight in the court of public opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

He's not a "whistleblower." Whistleblowers expose wrongdoing.

Wikileaks is a conduit for whistle blowers and they did facilitate the release of information that showed wrongdoing by both the US and UK , the Pentagon Apache gunship footage being the most graphic of the evidence of wrongdoing.

Dirty little secrets exposed.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Elaborate?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Wikileaks is a conduit for whistle blowers and they did facilitate the release of information that showed wrongdoing by both the US and UK , the Pentagon Apache gunship footage being the most graphic of the evidence of wrongdoing.

Whether that's legitimate whistleblowing is debatable. Even if I concede it was, though, that's not all they leaked. They've leaked information that was legitimately classified. Indiscriminate leaking of classified material is not protected. He needs to face the consequences.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Indiscriminate leaking of classified material is not protected. He needs to face the consequences.

He's not a US citizen and wasn't on US soil.... So how does our laws apply to that?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What am I missing?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BlackIbanez

Is it shaved or is he bald?

Neither, lady. His hair is slicked back. There's quite a lot of it. White hair slicked and combed back over his head.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So let's just imagine you don't really give a rats a** about his hair or his beard or the fact he has a ponytail and you had a file up until 2 weeks ago where you suddenly had a virus on your drive making it so corrupt you had to wipe it and format and restructure it just to use it and you thought, "where could I get that from again" link was given many moons ago on ATS but today I doubt that will happen so Where now????

ATS members should be ready to spill that file all over the web... I should imagine it will be very much a very last resort, leverage in custody.
edit on 11-4-2019 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This puts an end to John Podesta and his B.S. he
has been tweeting out for years, and the internet
trolls that have been spouting garbage about how
J.A.s extradition to the U.S. will be the end of Trump.

I was really curious of what might become of Assange
after the Mueller report was finished and the S.C.
investigation was shuttered. Well true to form
Trump does not disappoint, we didn't have to wait
long. The DOJ indictment is here:

www.justice.gov...

Max 5 years, J.A. wont see that if any time at all.

There is obviously something we are not being told,
and from the looks of the last three weeks its going
to be best case scenario, unless of course your a
Democrat and were waiting for Trump to go to jail.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've seen some stuff out there that implies that Assange (and wikileaks by extension) is a CIA operation. The two are used to push/pull the public in specific directions and that certain 'revelations' that have been published by wikileaks are merely to remind the people in power that there is indeed damning blackmail information being held against them that, should it ever become public, would make certain they are tarred and feathered by the populous.

Now that Assange has been arrested, wikileaks will be redirected toward more foreign intervention rather than being as US-centric as it has been up to this point.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed.
I see Assange as no different to any other journalist, receiving leaked information and publishing it.
If he is convicted of leaking confidential / secret information or espionage then no journalist is safe.
If Trump is actually behind this arrest of Assange through pressuring the UK and Ecuador govt's then I am totally against what he is doing - and it would actually be a REAL example of attacking the free press (as opposed to the made up BS examples that have been spouted by the likes of CNN).

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Indiscriminate leaking of classified material is not protected. He needs to face the consequences.

He's not a US citizen and wasn't on US soil.... So how does our laws apply to that?

Seriously? I guess we can throw out the charges against those Russians Mueller filed then. Not US citizens, weren't on US soil when they committed the alleged crimes.

That's not how the law works bro.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join