It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: uncommitted

And yet Manning currently sits in solitary.

Funny timing on that.

In what way is that funny timing? Manning is in solitary under Trumps presidency, so not quite sure what you mean?

Ecuador have been saying for a while now - actually since their own government changed - that they were unhappy with his behaviour, hardly suddenly just happened unexpectedly.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
They finally got him. Most of us knew they would try to extradite him to the US, and the honeypot sexual accusations in Sweden were very suspicious.
a reply to: gortex

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I know it sounds kinda morbid for me to say, but I'm sure that some part of Assange is actually relieved that this is happening. At least he is no longer in limbo in the embassy, being spied on, waiting for someone to break in and murder him. As you said, hes crossed the Rubicon now.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, he did, and wouldn't it be interesting to see that Manning was guilty of a hell of a lot more serious crimes than what Obama pardoned him for...and Obama knew it!!

All I can say is Assange better drop the bomb with the cypher key now, while he's still alive! He doesn't have much time left, in my opinion!

Oh, that's an interesting conspiracy...........yawn.

Personally I think Manning was guilty as soon as he committed the crimes he did, I think the same about Snowden. Assange I can't stand but if he's Australian and I can't imagine he ever signed anything like a secrets act I'm not sure his actions are totally similar to those.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

I know it sounds kinda morbid for me to say, but I'm sure that some part of Assange is actually relieved that this is happening. At least he is no longer in limbo in the embassy, being spied on, waiting for someone to break in and murder him. As you said, hes crossed the Rubicon now.

I thought the same thing this morning.

He at least got to go outside today, something everyone takes for granted. He has had this over his head for 7 years, at least now he is seeing everything transpire. They also seemed like they were rather civil about it, that alone could make him feel like maybe he isn't gonna be suicided.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Snowden whistle blew on the US government breaking the law.

That's supposed to be legal.

Manning did release war sensitive material, so that one is a bit nuanced.
edit on 11-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The fact that Manning is currently in solitary due to refusing to testify against WikiLeaks and now Assange has been arrested.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

It seems like a lot of trouble for the US to go to just give a max 5 year prison sentence once he has been extracted and tried. JA has always feared extraction to the states as he thought he would face life in jail or the death penalty for espionage. I seem to remember some US general calling for such too.

Perhaps the charges of his dealings with Manning are just the official reason for his extraction and he will also be questioned over the Russian collusion thing for which he could be a vital witness?

There is something off with this arrest and the book thing, at first I thought he had concealed the book under his jacket and pulled it out knowing the cameras would be waiting outside as he wanted people to see it. The guy on the left looks to be trying to take it off him. Then again you’d think they would notice he was concealing something before dragging him out? I don’t know what to think about all this just yet.
Wait and see I suppose.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

The question is...... what will YOU do.....

Im gonna crack another beer, roll a spliff and grab some cheeto's because I dont like popcorn.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: Zimnydran

The question is...... what will YOU do.....

Im gonna crack another beer, roll a spliff and grab some cheeto's because I dont like popcorn.

I'll bring nachos if you tell me where you're at.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Moving from a room inside one building to a room inside a prison is not exactly "being outside".

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Or he was in fact on the can and officers reefed him off with his pants down and TP trailing!

Like the dude at the airport, you were telling me about, flipping out on people because he had to go! hahaha

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Moving from a room inside one building to a room inside a prison is not exactly "being outside".

He was outside for almost a whole minute.

While you may see that as insignificant, having the sun hit you with fresh air for the first time in years is probably a rush.

OK, he was in the UK, maybe the sun didn't hit him.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I don't think Assange will ever see the inside of a US courthouse. I could be wrong, but that's my prediction.

Just watch, the US extradition request will be dropped within 72 hours. It's Trump's Ace in the Hole (and he's already got 4 Kings). He's not going to let this get pinned on him. He'll play the hand and let the chips fall where they belong...right at Obama's/Hillary's doorstep. Again, I could be wrong, but it will be interesting to see what plays out over the next 2-3 days.

**putting my hand up to my Carnac hat**...I feel a Tweet coming out shortly!!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: JAGStorm

If Assange dies in custody, then all hell will officially break loose.

Yes, it will.

On a side note, maybe I am just jumpy this morning.
I was reading an article on Assange and right in the middle of reading it, it refreshed and what I was reading changed.
Are they already editing things? Maybe it was innocent editing, maybe not, but I have never had that happen without actually manually refreshing the page myself.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
One more thing that I think a lot of people are missing on this. Assange is not being charged in the United States with publishing anything or leaking anything. He is being charged with computer hacking for supposedly helping Manning crack a password on a DoD SIPRNet (SECRET classified network) computer. Thus, him only facing a 5 year sentence vs. the lifetime that was discussed earlier.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

He's not going to let this get pinned on him. He'll play the hand and let the chips fall where they belong...right at Obama's/Hillary's doorstep. Again, I could be wrong, but it will be interesting to see what plays out over the next 2-3 days.

Than why is Manning in jail right now?
edit on 11-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: ATS is slow as balls

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Poor Assange.

He won't be watching the last season of Game of Thrones.

What a bummer.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Poor Assange.

What a bummer.

Humor and empathy all in one post.

Feeling alright neo? 🤣

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Poor Assange.

What a bummer.

I think we can all agree - this is the real tragedy here.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join