It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
And here's another thing to ponder...

The MSM is now busy (hurriedly) running news stories with titles like... "USA Charges Wikileaks co-founder...with conspiracy to commit computer hacking". They're running these stories like all this happened today, but it didn't. These charges are based on indictments from back in March of 2018.

Link per protocol

Well...Let's see, what else was going on in March of 2018, hmmmm????? The Democrats thought they had Trump square in their sights for impeachment. There was Rusky-gate, Stormy Daniels, Government shutdown, Border issues, Mueller making announcements about indictments against the Russians, the Tariff issue, and the list goes on. Trump was going down, right? Orange man bad.

But there was one nasty little bit of remaining laundry which needed to be dealt with...and this was Wikileaks. If the Dems were going to begin their Coup, they had to be clean when they did it and Wikileaks was a big obstacle. Let's not forget, the DOJ was still out of control thinking they had Trump in the bag at this time. No, Wikileaks and Julian Assange had to GO!!

That's what was going on when the indictments were handed down in March of 2018.

So again I ask, who is it who really wants to silence Assange forever?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Then why did Obama pardon Manning...if it was so important?

ETA - I'll answer that. Because Obama likely knew Manning was too stupid to do anything with what he'd stolen, and what he'd stolen looked really bad for the administration. They could make him shut up by pardoning him. However, Assange, on the other hand, wasn't so stupid, and he did have the wherewithal to do something with Manning's information, and he very much did intend to do something with it!

Manning was under US control. Assange wasn't.

See? All roads keep circling back to this same theme, over and over. Manning is irrelevant, it's Assange they want, and 'they' is not so much Trump as others.

edit on 4/11/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I'm a cheeto's kinda gal myself. The puffs not the crunchy. LOL.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

In between the door of the embassy and the door of the van they shoved him into he was in daylight.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Then why did Obama pardon Manning...if it was so important?

He didn't. He commuted his sentence. Manning did 7 years. I still don't think he should've commuted his sentence, but to answer your question, he did it because Manning is a hero to the LGBT community. If he didn't think he was a girl, he'd still be in Leavenworth.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Vidal wrote a book about Emperor Julian the Apostate, who was finally assassinated by a Christian who was one of his own soldiers (at least according to Libanius in his Orations).

Oh, the treachery! The treachery!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Okay, 'commute'...I stand corrected.

Same net result though.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okay, 'commute'...I stand corrected.

Same net result though.

I admit most of the time that would seem like just splitting hairs over definitions, but I'm not seeing your point? Obama let him do a pretty long time in prison for his crime. I think he should've done longer, but if Obama HAD pardoned him he wouldn't have done any time. He obviously thought it was at least "7 years in federal prison" serious.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well, in my opinion, it was because Obama thought he could also get Assange in this time frame.

Then he would have both of them, right where he wanted them...under US control. With Assange at large, safely inside the Ecuadoran Embassy, they couldn't touch him, but Obama probably figured this would change shortly so he was waiting them out.

In any case, there is absolutely no doubt the information Manning got was both serious and damaging, but I'm not convinced anyone really knows how much or what exactly Assange has. Hence the "insurance policy", right? Manning didn't spend the time to parse through all the data, he just gave it to Assange, so he probably didn't know what all was in there. But Assange went through it in detail, so he knows exactly what it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: carewemust
"The Plan" is being executed.

Elaborate?

Please see Q Threads 1 thru 16.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yeah I saw a video of him being dragged out. I couldn't tell that from that one still at the doorway.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I know it sounds kinda morbid for me to say, but I'm sure that some part of Assange is actually relieved that this is happening. At least he is no longer in limbo in the embassy, being spied on, waiting for someone to break in and murder him. As you said, hes crossed the Rubicon now.

I had the same thought. Assange doesn't strike me as the twiddling-thumbs-type. He's a doer -- whatever folks might think of what he does. This must have been hell for him. I'm sure he's anxious and dreading what may be his fate; but at the same time, I'm sure he's relieved and anxious to get on with it as well.

Whatever "it" is.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You're on a roll! I'm very much appreciating your thoughtful comments in here...

Thank you

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Swedish prosecutors say lawyers of the alleged victim in the dropped Julian Assange case have requested that the investigation into sexual assault allegations against the WikiLeaks founder be reopened

Sky News

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
Why does that even makes sense? Obama pardoned Manning.

No, he didn't... he merely commuted his sentence.

According to here, he was released in May of 2017.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know, I'm not sure if a presidential pardon means you are absolved of all your (earthly) sins.

Assange seemed to think he had pardoned him...

“What’s the result?" he said in an interview with Australian current affairs programme The Project. "It is going to make life hard for Assange because either he will be extradited to the US or we will show him [to be] a liar. Therefore, it is OK to pardon Chelsea Manning – that’s what happened.”

www.independent.co.uk... ikileaks-us-a7542896.html

So maybe as I say, the definition of a pardon from a US president isn't as cut and dry as you would expect.

ETA, and yes, Assange does talk about himself in the third person in that quote - kind of self worship he's been practicing for a long time.
edit on 11-4-2019 by uncommitted because: As per ETA

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Unbelievable what a sad day ..

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Swedish prosecutors say lawyers of the alleged victim in the dropped Julian Assange case have requested that the investigation into sexual assault allegations against the WikiLeaks founder be reopened

Sky News

What the hell?!?! Seriously??

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Assassin82

Well are any of his supporters here inspired to donate? That would give you an idea about that theory in the general public.

Sure, I will. But I certainly would not give any money to the woman who belongs to "The Wing" witches coven. I think she is the one who is going to need it most. Don't you?

edit on 11-4-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Sky News

Curious.

Maybe they started off small with the charges to make it look like not a big deal.

Add one here, in a couple of weeks another there.

5 years soon becomes 20.

Couple years down the road they stumble on a little more evidence..... Rinse repeat.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join