It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Poacher killed by elephant then eaten by lions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sounds like Karmic justice is not dead after all

What kind of A-hole would want to kill an elephant just for its tusks

No sympathy for this guy at all. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
edit on 4/7/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What an awesome death,

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
every one including me do 100s of times teh damage to animals then poachers could ever do . In order to drive your car Huge area are striped mined and poisoned . In order to have your power Huge area are striped mined and poisoned .
Only one thing that could save earth from this E.L.E is if ewe go extinct .
You wont stop driving your car nore stop using power no stop eating and half the planet has been clear cut for farm space then fertilized so much causing alga blooms red tides killing off the oceans .

No way around In order for the human race to save the animals we would one have to STOP all wars and invest EVERY thing into clean energy ,
so start Using high rises for farming ( you know 100 story's buildings each floor designed for max food totally closes system .
Reduce city sizes build most of the citys under ground minimizes humans foot print on ground lv for the whole planet .

Now non of this will happen and the old tired argument Humans can not effect our environment is just people sticking there head in the sand .
Green house gases is the least of our worries .

Ivory producing animals are not being driven to extinction by any of the reasons you posted, or anything environmental. They are being poached down to the last animal by people shooting them. This is targeted criminal hunting that is wiping them out.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Niiiiiiice..I hope it hurt..a lot!!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

He was POS poacher..f' him, this is straight up karma.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: panoz77
Natures instant karma

Darwinism in action

I also like it when toddlers eat batteries and make it necessary for battery companies to put warning labels on battery packages telling people not to let their kids eat batteries. Frankly, I think Mr Darwin has some work to do there. If nature can make animals that blend into their surroundings because the ones that didn't got eaten, it can make human toddlers that don't eat batteries because the ones that did don't survive to do other dumb things as adults. Like having babies on Welfare.

What? Did you miss your meds this morning? I fail to see the correlation, sorry.

Darwin is the correlation.

See. If you took let's say 100 toddlers of various parentage and put them all together in an empty room with a bunch of small batteries, some of them would certainly swallow at least one battery. Some of them just wouldn't because they don't have that natural inclination to put things in their mouth.

Without adult interference, then, it can be assumed that the ones that don't have that inclination would be the ones who would survive with the least adult supervision and interference. And therefore, we are actually making our species dumber and more vulnerable by protecting babies from stupid things like eating batteries.

Which is why I say that survival of the fittest is (in essence) defined by (for example) an animal that blends in with it's surroundings so well that it doesn't get eaten. Those species weren't always so well adapted. A lot of them had to get eaten for a long time before they adapted.

Yeah. I know. It's more fun to laugh about a poacher who got eaten by his intended prey. And I suppose there is some irony there. I like to look at the big picture. Would poachers even be a significant problem if the human race wasn't so completely unnatural in the first place?
edit on 7-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
OMG! the Elephants eat them! RUN!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
95% of this thread is people revelling in a mans death whilst claiming the moral high ground.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Poaching isn't the root of anything. It's just a symptom of everything that's wrong with human "civilization".

Can't really blame a poacher for poaching any more than you can blame a doctor for being a parasite upon the body of a sick man.

Agreed.

The rejoicing of the many at the death, and some even wishing for video: might those also be symptoms of other things wrong with our civilizations, and/or societies?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

This is exactly why it's still brave to hunt with the best of weapons. Nature is wild and you never know what can happen in those wilds; so carry big and carry plenty when hunting.

I'm glad I read this. It's very much like when I read about roller coaster accidents. Part of the exhilaration of riding a roller coaster is knowing that six months ago you read an article about how a coaster failed and 80 riders died in a kinetic disaster. Odds are that stepping into the roller coaster will end with you being just fine, but because of coaster disaster articles at that first zero G drop the possibility of catastrophic system failure does indeed exist in the back of your head and makes the ride fun because of the inherited danger involved.

The same goes for every form of big game hunting. No matter how big your elephant gun is, you still might get eaten by a pride of lions by sunset.

This story makes me long to return to my days of hunting arcdotus generations ago. Thanks for a trip down memory lane OP.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The rejoicing of the many at the death, and some even wishing for video: might those also be symptoms of other things wrong with our civilizations, and/or societies?

Or it could show that members care more for the plight of endangered animals in a protected wildlife park than they do about the criminals who would kill them for personal gain , actions have consequences.

This man died not because he went hunting but because he went poaching , there is a distinction.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
95% of this thread is people revelling in a mans death whilst claiming the moral high ground.

You say that like it's a bad thing?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Or it could show that members care more for the plight of endangered animals in a protected wildlife park than they do about the criminals who would kill them for personal gain , actions have consequences.

This man died not because he went hunting but because he went poaching , there is a distinction.

Not to mention it would have been fairer odds if he had gone into the

arena with a knife rather than a firearm......

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Nothin

Well, of course, if humans are as natural as elephants, the elephants are endangered because humans are more fit to survive than elephants are.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

He was a POS criminal poacher, nature delivered justice, apparently nature doesn't oppose the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Well, of course, if humans are as natural as elephants, the elephants are endangered because humans are more fit to survive than elephants are.

Or because elephants don't have guns.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Or because elephants don't have guns.

And elephants can't make guns. Which goes back to what I said. Elephants are endangered because humans are super intelligent hunters and elephants aren't.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Only thing which would have made this story better is if the poachers were relentlessly hunted down for hours/days and eaten alive by a pack of hungry hyenas after they were too tired to run anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

And elephants can't make guns. Which goes back to what I said. Elephants are endangered because humans are super intelligent hunters and elephants aren't.

Your reasoning makes no sense and borders on ignorance , elephants aren't super intelligent hunters because elephants are herbivorous , they are not designed to hunt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join