It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal alien kills Alabama schoolteacher in head-on crash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Checks and balances. Throughout the history of the u.s. Americans have had a love hate relationship with immigrants whether they be legal or illegal. Efforts and laws were passed in order to appease the needs of our country and also the bigotry towards new arrivals. At this point we are again at the point that we need to check the waves of immigration in order to balance our country and keep our values, morals and culture "American".

What love/hate when we have more legal immigrants today than any other time in our history. Illegal are mostly not immigrants, or even want to become an American. Most are here for the dollar, don't blame them... Go to the Mexican border town and see how many people there want to give up their country and become an American. When they protest and wave Mexico's flag, scream F America, that might give you a clue.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Probably 1000s but your point is baseless as the illegals hurt the Native Americans also. Wars are wars. This isn't a war. Yet

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Wars are wars.

No it wasn't a war.

It was invasion and occupation. Not the same thing is it?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My family are from Mexican border towns, both sides of the border, with one side being here since the 1800s. The border towns that I am familiar with have always had a shared "culture" with people from both sides speaking Spanglish and dressed in American cowboy fashion in fact one could argue Mexicans helped establish cowboy culture. The Mexican border towns have historically been this way as they once were Mexico and were populated by Mexican people. Now if you were to argue that Idaho was being over run by Mexican flag waving people refusing to assimilate then we could have a discussion.....but before that happens I think we have every reason to slow down immigration.

I personally am against illegal immigration although I have sympathy for the good people, I understand the need to stop illegal entry and protect ourselves from the drugs and violence associated with it pouring over southern border. I also see a problem with growing number of immigrants using welfare benefits through legal relatives. I'm sure Americans wouldn't have a problem if these people could legally support themselves and pass a medical exam and background check at the very least. Immigration reform like that would benefit all Americans imo.
edit on 26-3-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

So we already have a system in place for vehicular manslaughter, what's the point of the op?

You know exactly what the point is. Why are you here as I read that ATS stands for FREE SPEECH and DENY IGNORANCE! Right? The point of this OP is that criminal acts hurt US citizens

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Thank you and I agree with you. I also have had many Mexican nationals do subcontracted work on my home in Georgia. Their workmanship was excellent. For all I know they may have had a work permit or were seasonal. I grew up on my Grandparents farms. I worked right along side by side with the migrant workers. No issues, same hours and we were paid less because we were family. I escaped to an air conditioned supermarket as a bag boy when I turned 16. Tough work.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

My family are from Mexican border towns, both sides of the border, with one side being here since the 1800s. The border towns that I am familiar with have always had a shared "culture" with people from both sides speaking Spanglish and dressed in American cowboy fashion in fact one could argue Mexicans helped establish cowboy culture. The Mexican border towns have historically been this way as they once were Mexico and we're populated by Mexican people. Now if you were to argue that Idaho was being over run by Mexican flag waving people refusing to assimilate then we could have a discussion.....but before that happens I think we have every reason to slow down immigration.

The ones protesting in the border towns are not Americans, or plan on becoming one... That was my point.

I personally am against illegal immigration although I have sympathy for the good people, I understand the need to stop illegal entry and protect ourselves from the drugs and violence associated with it pouring over southern border. I also see a problem with growing number of immigrants using welfare benefits through legal relatives. I'm sure Americans wouldn't have a problem if these people could legally support themselves and pass a medical exam and background check at the very least. Immigration reform like that would benefit all Americans imo.

I'm married to an immigrant and she voted for Trump ...lol Living in San Antonio TX I saw the negative affects of illegals. ERs full of them for all medical needs, Schools with bad teacher to student ratio due to the flood of illegal kids into them. Not to mention Spanish classes designed for non-English speaking illegals. Jobs like construction totally dominate by illegals. Not to also mention increase crime due to them.

With all that said, we need immigrants and we need short term field workers on work visas, these we do need. 15 to 20 million illegals cost the US over 100 million per year even factoring in any taxes they might create, we don't need. Even outside of the cost they have lowered the quality of life in many towns as social infrastructures are overwhelmed.

edit on 26-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It was a war. As a Brit you would know all about that including child labor [RE: Charles Dickens ] . Have a crisp on me.

But now I think I get it. Your country was once the largest Monarchy in the world. Controlled freaking almost everything including the USA. Then over expansion of the English Empire led to loss of control. So with old monarchy money England enters Brexit and Exits to your Island and its right in the middle of an invasion by illegal or resettled aliens into Europe and North America yet because England is an Island they can escape it and the return to restore Global dominance to England as everything else goes to sheet and England is the last country standing with a dumb downed global population? Hmm I like that one as this is a conspiracy site. I think I will have a bag of crisps myself.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You're preaching to the choir and I do not disagree with your valid points. All of which make immigration reform and border security important talking points. I think it is important to continue this rational discussion and work towards a humane solution.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I agree

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Seems like the USA had an axe to grind as the majority of Native American Indians fought for the British. I read that Pirate Captains were more respected by their crew than British Captains by his crew.

historyofmassachusetts.org...

Many Native American tribes fought in the Revolutionary War. The majority of these tribes fought for the British but a few fought for the Americans. Many of these tribes tried to remain neutral in the early phase of the war but when some of them came under attack by American militia, they decided to join the British. Other tribes joined the British in the hopes that if the British won, they would put a stop to colonial expansion in the west, as they had done with the Royal Proclamation of 1763. The following is a list of the various tribes who fought in the Revolutionary War:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You're preaching to the choir and I do not disagree with your valid points. All of which make immigration reform and border security important talking points. I think it is important to continue this rational discussion and work towards a humane solution.

Agree 100%. Secure the border and start a work visa program for x months, then they go home, finally fix the issue with all that are here, some go home some stay etc. I find it funny that people get triggered if we do not use the term illegal immigrants, but the reality is what we are talking about is human trafficking of taking advantage of a group of people with little defenses. That is the other side of this that work visas would also fix.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I was thinking more this.

At the beginning of the 1830s, nearly 125,000 Native Americans lived on millions of acres of land in Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina and Florida–land their ancestors had occupied and cultivated for generations. By the end of the decade, very few natives remained anywhere in the southeastern United States

The Indian-removal process continued. In 1836, the federal government drove the Creeks from their land for the last time: 3,500 of the 15,000 Creeks who set out for Oklahoma did not survive the trip.

Scott and his troops forced the Cherokee into stockades at bayonet point while whites looted their homes and belongings. Then, they marched the Indians more than 1,200 miles to Indian territory. Whooping cough, typhus, dysentery, cholera and starvation were epidemic along the way, and historians estimate that more than 5,000 Cherokee died as a result of the journey.

And there is more.

www.history.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Are you saying this would somehow have been better if the teacher had killed the illegal immigrant.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yea well its history. Just like the Spanish and Columbus wiped out the Incas and others via germs. As a brit your going to preach your English noble ways? You guys killed millions all over the world. Hong Kong, India, Africa, North America and you tried the Europe thing but the Romans pushed back. English upper class white privilege CRIMINALS in Bermuda brought Slavery to the United States. So it goes back a long way doesn't it. You sheet doesn't matter as Congress failed to override Trumps wall Veto. So how do you like working for the Russians?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Are you saying this would somehow have been better if the teacher had killed the illegal immigrant.

Of course not as the illegal immigrant was a criminal. Based on your ATS stats your question doesn''t match your stats. So laws don't matter to you?
edit on 26-3-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This is what the open-border leftists want.

Isn't it obvious?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So accidents are not just accidents any longer, but illegal alien accidents?

RIp to the poor Woman.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yes, the British Empire did some dreadful deeds.

However, we left the land and the people that we did it to.

You didn't. You are still there.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think they should never be in college to begin with. Pretty sure we have enough people looking for jobs we don't need to import more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join