It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal alien kills Alabama schoolteacher in head-on crash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

No, it does not wipe out the wrong doings of the past. But back then the government officials, as well as some people believed that Indigenous people were not human. We know better now.

We also know now that people should be vetted and come across legally or else there aren't enough resources, etc for all. What if the entire rest of the world wanted to enter the U.S. illegally? Would you be okay with that?

Common sense, increased knowledge, while treating each other with respect, and one makes the best decisions based on that.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Not picking on you - but, the Comanches came to great power once the horse was introduced. They went on rampages against other tribes to gain the majority of food sources. They managed to exterminate some tribes, and even stopped the Spanish in their invasion.

Keep in mind that it wasn't always the new immigrants mistreating Indigenous peoples. It was the government who wanted the land for the railway and to profit from taxes from settlers. Most settlers had no clue of the power play upper up - the settlers only wanted to have a piece of land, make a living, and to live in peace.

"By the time the first American settlers in Texas encountered them in the 1820s, they had carved out a militarily and diplomatically unified empire with 20 vassal tribes that encompassed some 250,000 square miles and included what is now eastern Colorado, western Kansas, western Oklahoma, eastern New Mexico, and half of Texas."

www.houstonchronicle.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
New drivers do cause a lot of accidents, they are not experienced yet.

drove across a highway median and hit her vehicle head-on.

That's total lack of driving concept or skill.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Someone dies....a conservative reads this and thinks...awesome I can politicize it.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

To be honest, they beat a monarch, and fair play to them there.

But they did not beat the bankers.

Truth is some very nefarious individuals who frequent the halls and financial institutions of the city of London, pretty much own the American federal reserve banking system.

There type never really go away.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As punishment I wish they'd make him the daily driver of any prominent democratic Congress member..

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0n514ught
Someone dies....a conservative reads this and thinks...awesome I can politicize it.

Just like every god damned leftist asshole does with a shooting.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: rickymouse
New drivers do cause a lot of accidents, they are not experienced yet.

drove across a highway median and hit her vehicle head-on.

That's total lack of driving concept or skill.

Yeah, I know that young drivers do stupid things when they start driving. I understand why they are so expensive to insure. I remember the stupid stuff I did when I was seventeen too.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 0n514ught

I will leave that to liberals when cops shoot criminals or school shootings happen and they parade out the children to serve their needs. In this case, someone died, and it's a reminder of why we should all be for people coming here legally. This was a preventable tragedy, you just aren't interested in preventing it, because politics.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Waterglass

How many immigrants killed Native American Indians ?

Any idea ?

Are you Native American ?
Are you a citizen of the US ?
Where did those "immigrants" come from ?
I bet you know

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Are you Native American

No

Are you a citizen of the US ?

No

Where did those "immigrants" come from ?

You know the answer to that. Well if you know the history of your country you do.

I bet you know

You would win your bet.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How did that unfettered open border immigration policy work for Native Americans. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How did that unfettered open border immigration policy work for Native Americans. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

From what i gather, Native Americans didn't have borders.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Indigenous peoples did have borders, territories, ancestral claims to land/hunting grounds, etc.

Boundaries were defined by tradition and use. Many groups had well defined claimed areas with markings. Any unmarked area was free for anyone to use.
www.rcaanc-cirnac.gc.ca...

Most tribes had territorial boundaries, often based on rivers/mountains/some type of geographical formation. Territorial borders could and were decided by open warfare and military power, or by mutual agreement. Many territories had “grey” areas of which were a free for all, “buffer zones”.

Territories, boundaries were often flexible depending on the hunting/fishing available and agreements made with incoming tribes – a mutual decision.

“The degree of private ownership reflected the scarcity of land and the difficulty or ease of defining and enforcing rights.”
“Customary rights governed hunting/trapping/fishing.”
“These are just a few examples showing that Indians, like people everywhere, often relied on property rights to encourage the efficient and careful use of resources. An environmental ethic, however strong, was not enough.”
fee.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They were slaughtered, called inhuman, and made to live in reservations. The incoming colonists took over completely.

History can repeat itself.

The country/territory that is able to implement laws and rules, and be willing and able to fight an "invasion" has the best chance to keep their way of life/land/culture.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Then you gather wrong. They had land they considered theirs.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Then you gather wrong. They had land they considered theirs.

Do you mean like with Border Controls and Security Guards and Fencing?

You know, like a proper border usually looks like?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well see, that was a different time where they used what they had and they had traditions and cultural ways. That was then.

Today, they do have marked boundaries around the reservations they were made to live on, but aside from all that - they do mark their territory today and they have their own police that keep an eye on their boundaries. They don't need to have a wall or armed guards as no one is trying to get into the reservations.

Many Native Nations have their own government and own tax system, entire operating society within the country of Canada. They are huge successes. But one doesn't just walk in, buy a house and start living there. Many are starting to weed out anyone that is not Indigeous. Ie: if a mixed couple moves onto the reservation and the Indigenous person passes away, many reservations are asking the non Indigenous person to move out of Indigenous property.

Here's a article that is of interest:
www.cbc.ca...

There was the Canadian Oka Crisis which was a fight over land. Very interesting.
www.youtube.com...
The Oka Crisis (French: Crise d'Oka) was a land dispute between a group of Mohawk people and the town of Oka, Quebec, Canada, which began on July 11, 1990, and lasted 78 days until September 26, 1990 with two fatalities
edit on 27-3-2019 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Apart from The Cherokee, the other tribes where nomadic.

How they could have had a fixed border is beyond me.

www.historyonthenet.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I agree, but to a point.

Not all other tribes were nomadic.

As I said, many had borders. Some had territories, some got along with their neighbors, others fought constantly for control over those borders, many tribes wiped out neighboring tribes. It was all according to their own culture and belief system. They operated completely different in mindset than we do. Their idea of a border was not the same as ours - for instance SOME would implement borders based on hunting grounds/food sources, but still allow passage over those lands by other tribes. Some resisted any passage of any other tribe.

But, the big thing is nevertheless - no one was just welcome to just walk on in and start living and proclaiming rights to what they deemed as theirs. A very, very different way of expressing what was theirs while still protecting what was theirs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join