It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timely Needs Our Support

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Good advice !

The CT scan actually showed some improvement !

They are putting it down to low sodium and they also mention it is common for there to be minor seizures.

She is now moving and talking, although still confused.

I am a happy camper again ! 😁

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

The CT scan showing improvement is good news. I'm sure it will be a bit of a roller coaster for awhile but sounds like things are moving in a positive direction and that's great to hear. Stay positive.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I agree with Mtnshredder in that it may be a bit of a roller coaster for a while, but things are certainly heading in the right direction. I remember my own roller coaster of emotions through many years of seeing my elderly Parents and my Husband in and out of hospitals. I was always on edge waiting for the next emergency. My Parents ended up living long and happy lives and Hubby, as much as he has been through, is doing just fine. So hang in there Hunny. Hugs for you, Linda and your Son.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night !

I'm having a bit of a low day today.

Expecting my Son in a couple of hours, so I need to get my positive on !

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Have a pixie drink, that will perk you right up. Or...a big cup of coffee.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

As long as things are well it's all good. But coffee always helps, unless it's the 12th cup.

edit on 6/4/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL! That reminds me of yesterday where I had too much caffeine and was up until almost 6:30 am. OMG!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: pheonix358

Good advice !

The CT scan actually showed some improvement !

They are putting it down to low sodium and they also mention it is common for there to be minor seizures.

She is now moving and talking, although still confused.

I am a happy camper again ! 😁

Yeah, low sodium can cause increased seizure risk. I know that because I have epilepsy and I get more activity and risk if my sodium gets too low. Some meds block sodium receptors too, that can be bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How is she doing today Timely?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not too bad thanks Ricky.
She is eating small amounts of calorie rich foods and drinking some thickened liquids.

They are keeping sodium tablets up to her via feeding tube.

She is talking ( repetitive) and is trying to move around. She is such a wriggler ! Lol.

The speech pathologist is here now.
So we will see where she stands re: eating and drinking.

More later. 😎

She knows my name an

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely At least they found that she was low in Sodium. They don't seem to pay attention to that here when people are weak, telling them to eat more salt would lower the amount of ER visits where they give salt water IVs I suppose. Got to keep people utilizing health care or it won't be worth having an ER available.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Thank you for the latest update Dave! I was wondering how things were going.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Overnight update :

Linda had chest xrays done to check for clots in her lungs. Nothing unusual , just precautionary and they came back clear.

Just before I left the hospital last night she needed to have her left arm restrained as she was trying to pull at her feeding tube, canulas etc.
The positive in that is the strength and dexterity she is now finding in her previously paralysed left side ( which she ignored ).

Linda was sleeping comfortably when I left, and was quite relaxed when I phoned to check on her at about midnight. ( I call first thing of a morning before I go in and last thing at night before I retire )

My call this morning at 7am revealed that she had removed her feeding tube even with both hands restrained !
They have replaced it with a softer more comfortable one and are waiting to do xrays to make sure it is correctly positioned.

The bleed has improved and she was eating some food last night. (She needs to get some weight on).

I'm pleased with her progress just not her behaviour !

( it is not a conscious naughty act lol. )

Glad you have us in your thoughts ... 🤗

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
ETA : She also removed her neckbrace yesterday which brought on the second wrist restraint.

I forgot to mention that while Blake was visiting on Sunday, she was singing along to some music we had playing !

edit on 9-4-2019 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Thank you Dave! I'm checking in every day for updates. It's good that she has regained her strength, I just hope she stops trying to remove things that she needs.

Make sure you continue to look out after yourself and get the rest you need and eat right. Hugs!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Hi Timely. What Night said.
And a big group hug
Reading your account I am both encouraged and frustrated on your behalf. You hang in there, mate. Do you have far to commute?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Timely

I just sent a little silent prayer for you and your woman.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the update....I guess progress is taking the bad with the good....and TBH, I would want that feeding tube out, too!
Continued good, positive thoughts for you both!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

It is an hour each way ... 120km round trip.
Being country it is an easy drive. If I were in Sydney the same time spent would get me about 40 frustrating Klm's!

Thanks WIS ..

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Thank you Fin !

We can't have too many people in our corner !

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join