It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you go to jail for ‘misgendering’? One British journalist is about to find out

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: InTheLight

How are they running roughshod over you?

For starters, by trying to re-define "woman" in their image and demanding the established rights and protections granted to women, from single-sex spaces to sports and even women's health matters.

None of the existing hard fought women's rights will be violated. Don't they have the right to fight for their rights too?

Then by demanding that all of us roleplay into their sexual fantasies.

What really, where is this happening?

Also by forcing CHILDREN into a life of medical dependence and health issues and complications that will have to be "managed" for the rest of their lives, while also rendering these kids sterile/infertile, and Heaven only knows how many other adverse outcomes. FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIVES.

The children have to be of a certain age and a panel of medical experts along with the person involved and the entire family make that decision. This is new territory so I don't blame you for being cautious.

And, of course, by policing -- and using color of law and the barrel of a gun to punish -- our language, our speech, and our thoughts, including -- nay! ESPECIALLY -- the truth.

If you don't want to use the correct pronoun then don't, but don't start telling them that they are mutilating or sexual predators of children because that will get you a ticket to see the judge, who will determine that to be malicious communication and harassment and you will be fined - or in other words, get a slap on the wrist.
edit on 13CDT10America/Chicago057101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How are they running roughshod over you? Please answer the question.

I did.

One person's opinion against the medical profession's opinion, what else ya got?

And there it is. Your callousness and depraved heart are showing. One person's PAIN AND SUFFERING AND TRAUMA!!! Not an "opinion," her reality and lived experience!!!

You cannot even acknowledge that "gender affirmation" is not always the best course of treatment... that some people in fact do have mental/emotional issues that are presenting as gender dysphoria... you cannot even manage an ounce of compassion for this woman. You have never expressed or shown any compassion or support for those being hurt by Trans Activism, and how or why, as long as you can protect the Trans Activist agenda.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

If you don't want to use the correct pronoun then don't, but don't start telling them that they are mutilating or sexual predators of children because that will get you a ticket to see the judge, who will determine that to be malicious communication and harassment and you will be fined - or in other words, get a slap on the wrist.

Not yet. And if that time comes, well, I will engage in the very noble and effective act of civil disobedience. I am a citizen with natural and Constitutional rights, not a subject. Bring it on. I will raise such a stink that the pits of hell will tremble in fear.

I'm going to damn well call it as I see it. And when I see predators, I will call them predators. When I see children being chemically and surgically castrated and mutilated, I will call it castration and mutilation. And when I see someone with a callous and depraved heart, I will call it a callous and depraved heart.

And now, I'm done with you.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

How are they running roughshod over you? Please answer the question.

I did.

One person's opinion against the medical profession's opinion, what else ya got?

And there it is. Your callousness and depraved heart are showing. One person's PAIN AND SUFFERING AND TRAUMA!!! Not an "opinion," her reality and lived experience!!!

You cannot even acknowledge that "gender affirmation" is not always the best course of treatment... that some people in fact do have mental/emotional issues that are presenting as gender dysphoria... you cannot even manage an ounce of compassion for this woman. You have never expressed or shown any compassion or support for those being hurt by Trans Activism, and how or why, as long as you can protect the Trans Activist agenda.

My heart is in the right place, is yours?

If you bother to read the medical pros materials I posted for all to read, mental/emotional issues are not presented as gender dysphoria, rather because of societal attacks and hate, the mental/emotional issues then are formed.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Not yet. And if that time comes, well, I will engage in the very noble and effective act of civil disobedience. I am a citizen with natural and Constitutional rights, not a subject. Bring it on. I will raise such a stink that the pits of hell will tremble in fear.

I'm going to damn well call it as I see it. And when I see predators, I will call them predators. When I see children being chemically and surgically castrated and mutilated, I will call it castration and mutilation. And when I see someone with a callous and depraved heart, I will call it a callous and depraved heart.

And now, I'm done with you.

And now, you are done with the truth too.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Technically Trans people are the real guilty party of misgendering. DNA wise you either are male or female and if the person calling you by what your DNA says is going to jail and the one who is lying about their DNA is the victim then the world really has gone CooCoo.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaladinRoden
Technically Trans people are the real guilty party of misgendering.

^^^That's the truth. It's one more way that we are being gaslighted. Words are being un-defined and re-defined at their whim, with the new definition as the always and only definition, and everyone else is not just wrong, but -- gasp! -- transphobic.

It is a major power play, intended to immediately put us (and keep us) on guard and on the defensive, ungrounded in reality and experience. For most of us, pronouns are so ingrained as to be almost instinctive. And they are nothing more than "proper grammar."

Much like all the talk about how transgender persons are "gender nonconforming" when technically they are the most gender conforming of all... even to the point of exaggeration and caricaturing the worst gender stereotypes.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I am not attempting to dehumanise them just understand their position , but as the world also attempts to understand their position they are being shutdown for speaking about objective scientific facts .

I am all for people if they wish to be a different sex or want to be the opposite sex
liberty and justice for all , just not when it puts the needs of one minority group over the entire world
just because of society and the way we now adhere to appeals to emotion in the west!

even our laws now appear to deal entirely with subjective emotional states of " offense"
than they do with physical , objective evidence .

Activists shutting down scientists just because their research sheds new light on the situation which doesnt adhere to their own agenda or directly contradicts their position so they shut it down.
Or the language they use in scientific journals appears offensive to those it attempts to help and understand.

edit on 24-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lysergic
I identify as a WW2 Spitfire.

Well you kinda appear more like a turboprop...

You got that hatchback pinto vibe.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
More this morning from the Daily Mail:

Hounded by the thought police: How hate crime officers came knocking at the door of a devout Catholic who had misgendered a trans woman, but when she told them vile trolls had then threatened her family they did next to nothing
First, just to be clear from the start:

It should be noted that her stalkers were motivated not by her views on transgender issues but in part by the tragic case of Alfie Evans, the baby at the centre of a legal battle last year over turning off his life support.

As to the "misgendering" and other thought/speech crimes:

One of Mrs Farrow's tweets read: 'What she did to her own son [the youngest person in the world to undergo transgender surgery] is illegal.

She mutilated him by having him castrated and rendered sterile while still a child.'

Many might consider Mrs Farrow's choice of words unpleasant but she is unapologetic.

She says: 'I deliberately used the words castration and mutilation to shock because what happens is shocking. I was trying to bring home the harsh reality of what she [Ms Green] did.'

It is absolutely dystopian when people are vilified and persecuted for speaking truth, while lies and half-truths and mis-truths and outright delusions are protected and defended. I use exactly those same words -- "castration" and "mutilation" -- because that's exactly what it is! By definition!!!

Just like trans women are men. Trans women are not women. By definition.

Apparently, Ms. Green decided her complaint was more trouble than it was worth:

Ms Green withdrew her complaint because she said she did not want to give Mrs Farrow a public 'platform'. Instead of contacting police, she announced her decision on a television show.

But I think Mrs. Farrow is spot on here:

Mrs Farrow believes police are only too willing to appease Ms Green and Mermaids, which she thinks is looking for a test case to codify misgendering into law. Hers is not the first transgender 'hate crime' police have pursued. So far none of them have ended with a successful prosecution.

As I suggested previously, I suspect this is their end game: To file complaints and charges using various laws -- specifically, the Harassment Act and the Malicious Communications Act -- and see what gets a conviction, thus establishing the necessary precedent for common law, and further silencing and persecuting any and all dissenters.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

www.rch.org.au...

Signs and symptoms of gender dysphoria

Almost all children begin expressing their gender identity at two to three years of age through their preferences for particular clothing, toys and interests. Many transgender or gender diverse children will also express their gender identity around this time, and this may differ from what parents are expecting.

Yep - nothing like starting diagnosing what may be nothing other than playing out - form a young age.

Lets get the psychs involved.

Medical intervention saves the day.

We could start talking about controversies of how ADHD diagnosis became an industry.
A medicated society

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join