It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumps Priorities - Comforting Alabama Tornado Victims Topped His List.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I disagree what Donald's motives are in Alabama. If he really cared for people there, he would not enact trace policies that hurt consumers, he would not change the tax code to take from the middle class to give to the rich, etc. Trump wants votes and no accountability for his actions.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh come on now. If any of your preferred politians went, you would feel that they did the right thing and be proud of them. With trump you go "yeah well it's his job, and he only did it for himself".

Just because he's a douche of a person, doesn't mean he's not a good president.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I can understand you thinking that Rob. However that is over simplified. As I suggested, this is part of the job description for Potus. Be a face, be an expression of Americans concern for all our citizens. Do I believe that Obama or anyone else was ''oh so wonderful'' for doing this part of their job? No. It is their job.

Do I think that they, being Obama or Clinton or Bushes or whoever were more compassionate or caring or sympathetic? Not necessarily but maybe but that is not what I am saying. I am only saying it is part of the job and to be proud of a president for doing this simple aspect of the job, this simple ''look at me and take a picture if you want'' part of the job is just the way it is.

Well, maybe Carter. Carter though not potus any longer has spent ages working and working to help better the lot of poor people. In there with his hands on service to others. Maybe Carter I am proud of.

However that was not the intent of the OP. OP wanted to raise this action by Trump to ''blessed'' status, to make it out to be that he is so great just because he did what he is supposed to do. And just because he did this little demonstration of presidential duty does not mean that he is a good president either. He was simply doing his job. But signing Bibles?

I'm not inclined to Christianity myself but the notion that having a douche of a person sign my Bible just because he is potus seems to be off the mark of what I have been taught Christianity is all about.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: carewemust

Trump is an embarrassment. Trump supporters are a national disgrace.

Glad to be of service.

MAGA!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: TinySickTears
is there where he was signing bibles?

Wonder if now would be a good time to point out that past Presidents, and Hillary Clinton, have signed bibles as well.

It does seem a bit odd, though I was raised Roman Catholic where it was seen as sacrilege to deface a Bible by writing in it. Guess other branches of Christianity are far more lax.

Is it anything to do with 'God bless America' or 'In God We Trust', or just a custom/tradition over there? i.e the Queen is meant to be 'Defender of the Faith' in the UK - Presidents seem the closest the US has to a figurehead from what little I know.

I'm not sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Hillary signed bibles, bush signed bibles, reagan signed bibles, I'm sure obama autographed a few koran's lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

How did anyone in the US ignore Puerto Rico ?
Keep in mind that Puerto Rico is not considered a State in the Union and have their own government
(I hope you knew that , correct ?)
Or , do you believe as Barry does , there are 57 States ?
Also , keep in mind that aid WAS sent , yet spent by their governor on T-Shirts and the like
I will be waiting for your reply

There was, and most likely still is in some cases, over 10,000 shipping containers sent that just sat at the ports as the Government of Puerto Rico could not figure out what to do with so much aid.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Your point seems to be we should actually have ZERO pride in the president for doing his job which seems well... I get it he's not saying the things that make people feel warm and fuzzy... but you seem to want this to be yet another attack on trump that's well.. like you said he's doing his job. To me that seems like a early condemnation of the POTUS. I'm not gonna call my mom and tell her how proud of Trump I am, but seems like some unplaced Trump bashing on your part and the part of the OP and its very petty.

Your last comment regarding christianity, bibles and douche bags makes no sense, care to expand?

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Keep in mind that Puerto Rico is not considered a State in the Union and have their own government
Also , keep in mind that aid WAS sent , yet spent by their governor on T-Shirts and the like

There was, and most likely still is in some cases, over 10,000 shipping containers sent that just sat at the ports as the Government of Puerto Rico could not figure out what to do with so much aid.

Which is astounding, and says much about the leadership abilities of the PR government that they couldn't coordinate a simple aid handout.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

From what I read, there were not enough bull-dozers and chain-saws sent. Nobody could get the relief/aid supplies beyond the Puerto Rico coastal areas.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but I think it is relevant to any discussion of the president's priorities.

Satire:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join