It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 380
<< 377  378  379    381  382  383 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I thought nothing bothered me on the internet, then i learned the news.

I came here to tip my hat to all just in case we get a 404 in the days to come.This place is indeed the only place i come to talk ufos and i havent found the same quality anywhere else. I really hope things get resolved but just in case they don't is there any contingency planned? Does ATS have a subreddit maybe?

Gentlemen its been an honor

Ps is there some addon that saves multiple tabs as pdf? A lot of the threads in here are way better and more informative than 60% of the ufo books out there
edit on 20-6-2020 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Just the typical Camouflage, Concealment, and Deception. Hey theres a new TV series to promote right?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Lol Pigs. I did read that it might be less than 3 or 4 months. Now what will happen to these wonderful threads and fascinating debates and all that information. Mirageman has created threads of a pretty high calibre . I see no sign of Cellty either, he seems to have vanished into thin air. And Isaac still has not passed by😐.

Life will continue even after ATS.....

edit on 20-6-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is the dopest thread

✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I do wonder what Ralph over at the NYT is upto these days.....

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I maybe click on the rest of ATS once every blue moon.
This thread is the shlt and my go to for years.

Thanks MM and EVERYONE who have been great mentors and researchers! Especially those who participated gracefully.
Your perseverance in uncovering truths or debunking lies and your ways of imparting knowledge has been wonderful to behold.

Save the data.
It's what we've been banging on about.

Keep tearing the Towers of Deception down.
The kernels of truth will be found scattered amongst the rubble ...

Z

Stay safe friends.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Reddit has the worst kind of impression about ats and its members. Hotel for online assholes and illiterate #posters is what this site goes by. So it is a no-no place

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PHDIKOULAS

Oh my what a negative mess. I think I see Pigs there too.

This is an interesting post however.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

We've spoken of things most people don't believe. Tictac ships off the shoulder of Catalina, We've watched sharpied documents appear from the dark. All those posts will soon be lost in time, like Bigelow dollars left out on a ranch soaked with rain. It's not time to die...not just yet...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What a shame that that this unique site is in existential crisis. I joined in 2008 and have loved the community and the access to creative, inquisitive minds like the ones that contribute regularly to this thread. The GUT's threads on the Aviary gang and the Control System are some of my all time favorite online discussions. Strange that the same week Trump hints at Roswell knowledge is the same week we get this rumor of impending ATS closure. I've also heard that the Wayback Machine is in danger, I'm sure many here have used that tool effectively in their research.

I never wanted to jump into the fray over 'Skinwalker Ranch' and the merchandising/cashgrabs related to that topic, but now that it looks like this place might close due to lack of cash, I'm seeing certain Skinwalker-related endeavors by key people in a different light.

I'd like to keep in touch with GUT, Kelly Pretty Bear, and any others who are interested in the links between UAPs and shamanism/synchromysticism. I've been a member for almost 12 years but have never received a private message, maybe some of us can find a way to stay linked if and when ATS goes dark.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PHDIKOULAS
Reddit has the worst kind of impression about ats and its members. Hotel for online assholes and illiterate #posters is what this site goes by. So it is a no-no place

www.reddit.com...

It's interesting though, pretty much everyone who replied had a different reason. Some didn't like it because some members seems to believe everything, another doesn't like it because it's full of debunkers who won't believe anything...then there are those who say it's all politics...I think the key problem can be boiled down to; we're not making a good first impression and opinions are based upon each's personal experience of basically not feeling welcome. That, and the '#-posters' and I would agree that we do seem to have developed a climate more conducive to '#-posters'.

@Pigsy

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The announcement did say they would give a heads up and not just suddenly take the site down.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Fair enough, but SO’s post was, to paraphrase, “ATS is on deck and the 9-hole hitter is down two strikes...”. Maybe a couple pitches can be fouled off and/or the 9-hole can bloop a single, keep the futile hope alive, but it’s a wrap and SO’s post was your heads-up (I suppose you could wait until that heads-up comes and make hay or you could wait and be too late). Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush.

I guess some benefactor could be so kind, but Pigsy enumerated the very real brass tacks that the site infrastructure would require to be any endeavor (obviously it wouldn’t be the old ATS just by virtue of the change required to stay afloat) that would be profitable, so an entity/person(s) with any financial acumen wanting to keep ATS, ATS, would sell yesterday.

It sucks. Mirageman got plenty of stars throwing cold water on the post mortem, and the subterfuge about it ain’t over to a fat lady sings and to be on the lookout for spies may suggest he knows better than us, and this turns out to be all just a minor mixup.

But I’d advise following Isaac Koi’s lead and look to find ways to wrap up anything you have in progress and new topics to be expeditiously posted and get what you can. Following that, there seems to be several attempts (futile but admirable) to have ATS members save it with their collective efforts, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Isaac’s collection will be available to us all, and maybe a shoestring effort can be done to archive the UFO/Aliens forum content.

Check out Isaac’s thread if you haven’t.

Take care

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am not a huge Reddit fan these days but certainly a quick and dirty subreddit would at least provide a temporary haven if this place goes belly up.

Of course moderation is always the biggest pain in the butt when it comes to those things.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Did you take a peek at the Reddit link a couple posts up? If you have and aren’t a fan of Reddit, do believe a subreddit would do? An actual “r/formerATSers” or something similar? I’m down — gotta get that Reddit account if it happens.

www.reddit.com...

If ATS’s front page is any indication, the early collective members‘ efforts to save ATS, have devolved into the usual ‘passing the buck’ exercise and whining over inaction. I hope this collective member group can do better and salvage something. Hope springs eternal.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Was reading this.

kevinrandle.blogspot.com... 3WUo&m=1

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Not for now...but for later
Reddit FormerATSmembers

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
I do wonder what Ralph over at the NYT is upto these days.....

My spider senses are tingling again....

Its going to drop.....but will not make any waves

Stay Safe Everyone

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Hmmm...….

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Are you predicting that after a three year investigation into crash materials the Times is going to publish a story that won't make any waves at all?

I don't doubt it but your cynicism is very uncharacteristic.

Meanwhile this just popped up in my Inbox:

SAN DIEGO— June 22, 2020—An MOU has been signed between Wahpeton Dakota Nation (WDN), Wahpeton Dakota Developments (WDD) and San Diego-based To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science (TTSA) to develop a six-part docuseries focusing on Dakota Wichoh’an, including their culture, history, traditions, spirituality, and the development of a video library.

“We are excited about this opportunity to record and share our Dakota Wichoh’an for future generations and others,” said John Waditaka, Chief of WDN. “Our people are proud of our Dakota Wichoh’an, and our contributions to mankind, and it is important to us that our traditions and sacred beliefs are accurately represented to others and maintained from generation to generation. This MOU gives us an opportunity to work with an experienced and professional partner on this important initiative for our Nation.”

top topics

<< 377  378  379    381  382  383 >>

join