It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

britain buys military hardware from america it is not aid, it is trade, we don't need you here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Ok yeah we all know that, it’s ok
Calm down you are over reacting
Our US friends think to much of themselves, arrogant, flashy and rude at times, you Pohms tend to whinge and moan a bit.
You all have your quirks.

Why does the rest of the world have to suffer you both when you have to much sugar or is it not enough sugar

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol...well we are really. RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall have RAF Base commanders. Those are the only two active bases with aircraft. All the other stuff is listening posts. The RAF get a ton of dissimilar air combat training and refueling training with our peeps.

Not only that but a lot of our hospital docs and nurses are helping out at local hospitals to boost numbers while getting training.

Their is much mutual goings on that the general public do not see.

And give me a break on smug americans....from the country who invented taking the piss. Lol I say stay calm and carry on.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
so do we all agree that britain doesn't need american bases to be safe from russian attack? i totally argue that our royal navy would kick their navy ass in a straight fight, their single aircraft carrier needs a support tug for when it breaks down ffs, they don't have enough paratroops and transport planes to invade by air, and the RAF would be picking them off like toys as soon as they broke our airspace.
i can see russia taking places like latvia or lithuania but britain no, too much of a fight, and also a nuclear power with one submarine always active somewhere with missiles.
Putin has no interest in attacking britain, we are totally tied up with laundered money buying property in london, and he also wants to sell us their natural gas.
there is absolutely no need for american bases on british soil, but it is useful for america due to strategic location. i only started this thread really to make that point because i am sick of reading smug american posts making out that us british should be grateful for some 'military aid', we don't need you here, and while i like the cooperation between our nations, don't think for a minute that britain needs you now, we can defend ourselves well.

and remember we paid you back in cash for all the ww2 help, you didn't do it out of love, our debt is paid.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

No.

And your own Army says so. See the numbers for yourself.

www.forces.net...

If the US pulled out you would lose 97 fighter bombers, 20 some tankers and a bunch of spec ops stuff including P3's, E3's, and a host of other stuff. Not to mention we would have to shutter all of our listening posts.

And dont forget....you have zero aircraft manufacturing capabilities to replace the ones that get shot down.

And we didnt even get to the cruise and ICBM missile stuff.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

still don't want you here, i would take defending ourselves anytime over smug yanks making out we need you, we would be a hard battle, our navy would definitely beat theirs in a straight fight, and they haven't got enough paratroops to do an air invasion. you might like to think we need you but we don't, putin will not be invading anytime soon with all the dirty money tied up in london, i am certainly not grateful for you being here, you guys need the strategic location more than we need you.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

OK...I am done. You got Napolean syndrome.....REAL bad.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

gosh no need for insults, i am only talking about american military being based on british soil and sayin we don't need you, take offence easily much? i haven't insulted american people, just saying i believe in my country and don't want your forces here.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Had to chime in here, as a Brit i apologise for my fellow countrymens rudeness.

In the 80's it is said, Reagan offered Thatcher a carrier strike group to help in retaking the Falklands, she refused out of pride i assume. That campaign cost us in ships and troops, when it could of been a walk in the park.
Now we are facing Brexit, and yesterday Spanish warships threatened Gibraltor, in these times it would be nice to know our American cousins had our backs.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: speedie

why apologise for me? i have said nothing bad about american people or their fine service people, just don't want them here, we don't need them. we can have each other's backs without military bases on our soil. did you even read the op, it was inspired by some smug american making out we should be grateful for military aid ffs, so they sell us planes and weapons, that is just trade, but we do not need their bases here for our national security.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I agree we don't need any smug Americans, we don't need any smug anyones. All im saying is, what with the Europeans starting to hate us here in the UK, it would be nice to think we still had US support. They are not an occupying force, they are guests and they pay their rent. Also, yeah we could probably protect ourselves well enough, bet hey why take the losses when the Americans are prepared to help.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Also, the bit about Aid as opposed to Trade. That was just an ignorant comment from one stupid person. Most of the UK's trade comes from weapons deals and while im sure we dont need aid, i wouldnt be suprised if we sometimes dont't get preferential deals from the US.

Ive also heard that we also work together on special projects, such as Black Triangles. Theres supposed to be a Janet Airlines flight into BAE Warton once a week.
edit on 19-2-2019 by speedie because: double post so changing second post

edit on 19-2-2019 by speedie because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

we are massively linked with america, they are definitely our allies more than the eu, same canada, NZ, and australia...just stupid people shouldn't think we should be grateful, the deal cuts both ways and we do not need them like a child clinging to a mother's skirt tail. american arrogance annoys me, hence this rant lol

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I spent too much time flying around #holes in the ME with your SAS boys to ever think you lot need our help.

We're partners. It should stay that way.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

one of my brothers was a royal marine, fought in the falklands, they were down to fixed bayonets at one point, lack of supplies, fighting on a shoestring, everyone slated margaret thatcher for being mates with pinochet from chile but without their radar support we couldn't have done it, same letting our special forces sneak into argentina and destroy stuff

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Heres some other examples , not of aid but deals no other country would even be offered.

MoD Sealand has just been giving a £500 Million contract to be the world first repair/upgrade hub outsde of the States for the F35.

Also some years back RAF pilots flew the B2 spirit and im not sure but ,i think the f-117 nighthawk in a pilot exchange program, with the hope that the RAf would purchase some of this hardware. The RAF refused to purchase, as they quoted the the hardware was too expensive. No other nation on earth has or would ever be offered the opportunity to get near these beasts.

And finally HMS Queen Elizabeth sets sail soon to the South China Sea to join a joint task force with the US and A
ustralia to oppose Chinese actions in the area. It will be equipped 50/50 with RAF F35's and US F35's. There is also talks of fitting American carriers with jump ramps, so RAF aicraft can also operate from American carriers.

I think the above shows we have a very special relationship with America. One which i truly hope Trump continues to follow.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

we are trusted friends, and the deal works both ways, how many wars have we backed the US up in now, even just making that diplomatic difference to make the war seem justified? i just get #ed off with smug prick americans who make out we should be grateful like they protect us, we don't need their protection, but the partnership is cool

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As for the protection thing, there were rumors a few years ago, nothing of which can be proven because as you know SAS OPs info is hard to come by these days.

Anyway the rumor goes that when the Taliban retreated into deep caves in the Afghan mountains, the US Marines couldnt dislodge them, and were taking heavy casualties. The story goes that America pleaded for UK help as the Royal Marines are expert mountain and arctic troops, and also lets not forget the SAS. Well to cut a long story short the SAS were deployed to sort the problem, and unusually not on a squad basis but the entire regiment. Apparently they went into the caves fullof thousands of jihadis and so began amega violent battle, as it was too confined to use firearms and the SAS used combat knifes. Most of this is Top Secret and so we will never know all the facts, but i believe we lost a few good men that day, but as usual they did their mission and devastated to Taliban.

So as for aid, recent history shows the US definitely needs the UK's aid. We have skills they dont and its unlikely they would enter a conflict without British Aid. Royal Marine mountain combat skills were needed in the Afghan mountains to stop the US marines getting picked off with heavy casualties.
edit on 20-2-2019 by speedie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It is definitely a two way street with us and america when it comes to war, i only started the thread to make that point because too many smug americans have this stupid idea that they protect us and we should be grateful to them. we don't need their bases here, they need the strategic location more than we need them.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

It is definitely a two way street with us and america when it comes to war, i only started the thread to make that point because too many smug americans have this stupid idea that they protect us and we should be grateful to them. we don't need their bases here, they need the strategic location more than we need them.

Methinks the point was taken my Cornish friend😉👍

Lags

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

There was a time when you needed us and we were there for you in a big way.

Maybe this could ease some of the pain; look at it as interest from the interest free lend lease that took England 61 yrs to pay back to the US in the tune of 31.4 billion (340 billion in todays money).

I'm not saying we should have our military there, I'm just saying.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join