It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

britain buys military hardware from america it is not aid, it is trade, we don't need you here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Wonderful response Freeborn, I was tempted to write something but you have expressed it more eloquently that I planned to.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Exactly, like we did.

Go read some real history books and stop believing everything Hollywood force feeds you.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

I'm pretty sure we give you a nice discount and since we are allies the weapons packages will have additional features.

And if some random place came up to us, we would not just sell them weapons just because they have the cash. We only do this discounted, upgraded weapons packages for allies, as a FAVOR. Or call it aid. Whatever. You are benefiting greatly from the relationship. Great big slobbering America is your Daddy. Be at peace with it, or face up to reality without the ADVANTAGE of being able to purchase our awesome weapons at a discount.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm not saying it makes me happy. I would personally not take extra lengths to rub it in your face. But, Ameri-Troll from whatever thread you came from was correct. Why deny reality?

Do we benefit as well from the relationship? Of course. It's just you got the better end of the deal.

If it was my choice we wouldve never stopped after Germany and Japan in WW2, we wouldve gone on to take Russia and the rest of the planet. Oh you would still be our ally, but just with less bitching.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The USA didn’t save England, the Ruskies won the war on the Eastern front through sheer bloody mindedness and a psycho dictator

US and UK aid helped

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The USA didn’t save England, the Ruskies won the war on the Eastern front through sheer bloody mindedness and a psycho dictator

US and UK aid helped

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
, i am not grateful for any american bases here i would prefer you to piss off.
I'd be happy for you to piss off, so away with your smug posts like we are clinging to your skirt tails, we ain't.

You'll get no arguement from me. Close 'em down and bring our boys and their toys home. Rest of europe too.
You all are big boys and can take care of yourselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

a reply to: Lumenari

classic smug attitude lol, britain doesn't need your bases now, you just need us for strategic location, we can defend ourselves from russia, he ain't gonna try it, and without american troops on our soil, go home smug yanks

Like you could defend yourself from the Nazis?

Perhaps you are thinking of the Battle of Britain? Kind of seems that we won that one. I really do worry about what the state of education on (relatively) contemporary history is in America. We can all be selective about history - it's natural - but it's best to be honest and research before coming out with glib comments on such important history.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

I'd be happy for you to piss off, so away with your smug posts like we are clinging to your skirt tails, we ain't.

You'll get no arguement from me. Close 'em down and bring our boys and their toys home. Rest of europe too.

Just to get a slightly different perspective on that, if your boys and toys do indeed go home, would they be laid off? If not, what would they be engaged in? Only interested in your thoughts, not being provocative.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Um for two years the US sent aid. Ever hear of the Merchant Marine? Americans were dying not long after Day 1 of the war but thanks for discounting the sacrifice of those heroes who died bringing you your precious supplies.

We had no choice? We couldve easily prevented Pearl Harbor. The elite transatlantic butt buddies planned that one to get us into the war. Sure the citizenry were forced... but the government? They were dying to make this happen.

I also dislike the "we saved your ass" attitude, it was clearly a team effort. I was just nitpicking a little because it seemed like you took the same kind of "No, YOUR team sucks!" attitude.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
America selling military stuff to Britain is trade, I agree. Trade between countries is not aid at all. It does benefit countries sometimes though, but it is still trade.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

i was in another thread, fiercely smug american spoke of 'military aid' to britain, what a load of bollocks, it is trade. i asked do they call it aid when buying something at the gun store. same thing, we buy american hardware, we also sell to saudi, that is not aid, it is trade.

we don't need you, most dirty russian money is tied up in london and putin wants us to buy his gas, he ain't invading anytime soon so go, i am not grateful for any american bases here i would prefer you to piss off.
the only power russia has is more nuclear weapons than us, but if they attacked we would take out moscow with ours and putin knows that, he also knows in a straight fight the royal navy would crush russia's leaky crap navy.

oh, and if putin tried an invasion by dropping paratroops, good luck flying enough in to battle our 80,000 regular army, and 20,000 reserves, RAF would make a field day taking out transport planes, he hasn't got enough lol, we don't need you america, you need our strategic location, I'd be happy for you to piss off, so away with your smug posts like we are clinging to your skirt tails, we ain't.

I get where you are coming from!

I always thought it was stupid to have a war with a country to gain our independence and then turn around later and save it from being bombed back into the stone age.

We should have let Hitler roll through and then mopped up after.

At least then we wouldn't have to deal with the crappy attitude now.

But hey... hopefully we as a country have learned from our mistakes and we won't get into your silly wars next time.

Then when your island is wiped clean, we'll come back after and put a few nice theme parks there.

No you are both wrong.

It WAS aid, we - Britain - could have carried on fighting against the NAZI's perhaps indefinitely and were working on the Atomic bomb, we were in fact possibly over two years ahead of the German's in that research but it had stalled almost to a halt due to lack of resources as the war effort required them be sent elsewhere.
We - Britain - sent aid to the Russian's as it was in our interests to help them survive or else the NAZI's would have been able to turn there full might against us, Aid to the Russians we ourselves badly needed.

Roosevelt back stabbed Churchill at Yalta in 1944 letting the Russian's have Poland and other country's they 'Liberated' since he also saw the need for the Russian's to fight on side now that the Aid the British had provided had allowed them enough resources to keep fighting a stalling war with the German's long enough to get there industry's moved east and back into production were they then began to outstrip the German's production rate's immensely and even though there weapon's, vehicles and ammunition was inferior to then swamp the German's dealing them a crippling blow.

We needed the Russian's just as much as we needed the American's for man power, we needed the American's for resources and Roosevelt was able to provide them by sneaking around his isolationist opponent's in the US senate by making a number of very costly compromises with us, we had to Pay far more than these shipment's of weapon's and equipment were worth BUT we did not have to pay it all in one go so the British Empire was mortgaged to the US.
In other agreement's we also had to let go of our imperial territory's and try to establish stable government's there as the US before the war main competitor for global trade had been the UK and the British Empire market was more or less closed to it so they wanted that opened up for 'Free Trade' - there is no such thing but it's a word that they use right?.

But while our soldiers were better than the German soldiers (we even ended up training the American's and there rangers would not have been a thing had it not been for training and expertise provided by the British, we had not collapsed when France fell despite only having the BEF - British Expeditionary Force over in France to aid in there defense but the French had wilted under fear that Germany might level Paris so for some reason the idea of losing a few building's had been more important to there rulers than the pride of there nation.

The French also had a few other problem's, the bulk of there army was poorly trained conscript's, there weapon's were not as cutting edge, there tank's while on paper more than a match for the German's tank's were poorly designed and they had invested too much in there Maginot line (which worked a treat against the Italian's when they tried to invade and take a piece of France for themselves clinging to the German's skirt tail's).

By comparison our soldiers were elite trained professional's and we left a few rearguard unit's whom fought to the bitter end to protect the bulk of our expeditionary force (one machine gunner whose loader was killed was able to hold off the German advance for hours at a French Canal - he survived the war as a POW having done his duty - another squad were butchered after surrendering as the unit they were fighting and killing was SS), we needed them back in the UK as they were almost our entire army but since we had no choice we were forced to abandon our equipment.

You won't find this in any history book and investigator's have found nothing but it is a long time conspiracy.
There WAS a German invasion of the UK, an old soldier told my mother many years ago and said that no one will ever know "it was the old men" - so first world war veteran's - "that got them" he said there are thousand's of German's body's buried in unmarked graves down south - so the south of England somewhere.

Were we needed the American's and I have no doubt we do owe them, oh perhaps not the nation or the government and certainly not it's filthy corporations with there despicable international treason against the US and it's allies is actually in the man power, the Russian's were not fighting for us they were fighting for Stalin and Communism and to conquer which they called liberate.

The American's on the other hand at least as far as we were concerned WERE fighting for us, both before the war in the form of American volunteer corp's (whom fought on both sides by the way) and During the war when ten's of thousand's of young american boy's with there whole lives ahead of them died flying costly daylight bombing raid's over Germany's which was like running face first into a hedgehogs (or porcupine) back.

We needed there resources, there aluminum, there ship's and in the end though it cost us our empire (which was never really ours but belonged to the Citizen's of the Empire - all it's people's) and we were in hock to them for generation's under the exorbitant lend lease interest rates (which mysteriously somehow found there way's back into the city of London since the Rothschild and other banking clan's used that as there piggy bank).

We did need them, we owe countless american family's a deep and abiding debt of gratitude that has nothing to do with the lend lease but is about Blood, the blood of there young whom died for our freedom.

Now maybe we never got that freedom, maybe we have problem's here and hey so do the yank's but if any of you want to start pointing fingers - Stop - Think - Who is to blame.

That's right the Damned politician's.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

classic smug attitude lol, britain doesn't need your bases now, you just need us for strategic location, we can defend ourselves from russia, he ain't gonna try it, and without american troops on our soil, go home smug yanks

Are you sure you are a Brit? I mean your composition and typically American slang, ( ain't gonna), tends to make me believe you are misrepresenting yourself here. I thought Brits education standards were better than ours. I guess I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Battle of Britain happened before the US entered the war ...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Ahhh dude, you got smug thugs on both sides who like to vent. Thing is most ain't got a clue what they are talking about. The UK is a Level 1 contributor to the F-35 program with the BAW writing all the code, plus other stuff.

I like it here as an Ex USAF Ex-pat, and once Mildenhall closes, it will just be Lakenheath so it's not like WW2. But let me tell you...the good people of Mildenhall and surrounding areas do NOT hold your same sentiment. Some 250 million a year gets pumped into the economy.

Chin-up Limey. Just take the piss, Brits don't do angry very well.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: caterpillage

Just to get a slightly different perspective on that, if your boys and toys do indeed go home, would they be laid off? If not, what would they be engaged in? Only interested in your thoughts, not being provocative.

Im mostly speculating, but id imagine they'd rotate either to other bases, or come back to bases in the states, then those that signed up for a certian time would finish up and get out.
The equipment would go into storage or be left behind.

Member Projectvxn would be able to be more accurate as he's way more familiar with our military operations than I.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

BRAC closed a lot of airfields in the US, and they have since been taken over by civilian stuff. You would have to build new bases, or increase squadron sizes at existing bases. OR, they could be moved to Guam and Alaska. OR, Poland.

Luckily smarter people than us don't make decisions based on conspiracy website experts.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

CornishCeltGuy....is that you????

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
some brilliant replies, thanks folks

and yes i am british, just watched too many american movies probably lol, i speak proper english in say job interviews.
i know some americans seem annoyed by this thread, like we should still be grateful to you or something, the smug guy in the other thread going on about aid inspired me, no, it is not aid, it is trade, if you didn't sell us equipment we would buy it elsewhere, it is a silly as saying us selling weapons to saudi is aid, ridiculous.
the new f35's we've bought off america are nice, but we don't need your military bases here, you need them for the strategic location, should be grateful to us.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

should be grateful to us.

Eternally.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

yes for sure, have friends in norfolk way, lots of american money into the local economy, would hurt them in the medium term if the bases closed

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join