It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter censors Trumps hilarious Everybody Hurts video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Best you tell Trump that too then, as he wants “retribution” from the SNL skit...

Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

mobile.twitter.com...

Seems there’s snowflakes and hypocrites everywhere huh?

edit on 17/2/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The best part is that it's all the same companies who pushed net neutrality "because muh ISP might censor content or make you pay extra." Meanwhile they are all censoring content and trying to make you pay extra to access their content. If you have any sense of irony, you can't be a leftist.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Give me a call when SNL is ruined because trump sent the IRS, FCC, and FTC after them (Like obama did to wayne allen root, and many others). Until then, this is rhetoric trying to open peoples eyes to the propaganda.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Is this the first time in history that there has been a president so thin skinned that he complained about jokes about him or avoided the presidents dinner to avoid being made fun of. Clinton, Bush Jr. and Obama were there to soak it in and joined in on the fun but not this coward.

Such a weak little man.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rokal

LOL, obama HATED his critics and used federal agencies against them. There's a reason no one dared joke about obama in the mainstream. But that's ok, because that's all his presidency was, was a sick joke at the expense of america. We laughed and moved on. Now we're fixing that sad, pathetic, joke of a presidency with trump. It's great!

Also, wth is the presidents dinner? You mean the whitehouse correspondents dinner? Why yes, many have skipped them. In fact no president went to the first three. Reagan, carter, and nixon all skipped at least one.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
LOL @ these professional liars. Trump is your typical bully. He proved it many times over and thinks he's won something by being a stubborn baby and created a FAKE national emergency. He will get sued, he will lose, the fake emergency will be canceled.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Toothache because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Rokal

LOL, obama HATED his critics and used federal agencies against them. There's a reason no one dared joke about obama in the mainstream. But that's ok, because that's all his presidency was, was a sick joke at the expense of america. We laughed and moved on. Now we're fixing that sad, pathetic, joke of a presidency with trump. It's great!

They made fun of Obama all the time, LOL!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Because he did not have permission from the owner of the music..pretty simple.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Social Media Corporations Need to have More Competition in the Marketplace . The President should have his Very Own Social Media Outlet and have the Military Supply the Servers ...........

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Try informing yourself..I promise it won't hurt too much. The artist/label did not like THEIR property used for political trolling.
edit on 18-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Parody is specifically covered in fair use law.
Here's the test for fair use:
1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
2) the nature of the copyrighted work;
3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Here are the answers in this case:
1) Non-profit
2) the copyrighted work is only part of the video and the video does not require that specific song as evidenced by the replacement meme, it is also used in many unrelated meme's and video's which the author has not complained about.
3) Most of the song was used
4) No effect, as the user would never pay for the public license to create the meme. It's also possibly positive due to re-emergence of the song.

So as you can see, this is pretty much cut and dry fair use. The president didn't make the meme, he simply retweeted it. It was made by an average, ordinary citizen. This is nothing more than leftist musicians trying to squelch political speech they disagree with.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The song was not parodised(is that even a word) a parody of a song might be changing lyrics but keeping the same melody line..etc. Playing the song unmodified is not parody.

That is how I understand this.

I accept that I could be wrong!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Toothache

In 8 years they talked about obama exactly 21 times (less than three times per year). Many of those times were not mocking obama and in fact made him out to be "cool." Here's a link to them.

I watched the first six segments featuring an obama "hit" by SNL (as early as 09, as late as 2015).
Here's what happened in them:
1) Obama gave a boring speech
2) Michelle got mad at him for eating a sandwich
3) Obama making fun of boehner, pretending to be his friend
4) Catherine Sebelius explains the obamacare website disaster (no obama in this one)
5) Obama and mitch mcconnell prank call hillary, mitch becomes racist, obama cries
6) Obama makes fun of republicans and turns into a super hero (the rock obama)

But yeah, go ahead and believe they made fun of him all of the time.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The song itself is not a parody, the song is used in making a satire, which is considered to be under the parody umbrella.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hmm, I'm not convinced yet..no offence.

Fair use is a set of exemptions to U.S. copyright law that allows copyrighted work to be used for educational purposes, news reporting, and other informational context

I'm not sure going nah, nah, nah nah nah..falls under fair use or parody(if said song is unmodified)?

This was my point regarding satire

If a composition is transformed into a completely new work, such as a parody song, it can be considered fair use and exempt from copyright law.

theproaudiofiles.com...

It's complicated law..due to interpretation, usually these things are sorted out in court..at this point I'm not 100% convinced one way or another.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I must be missing something? The video is still there.

Yep. It is.
Just has a different soundtrack now. One not written by a weak easily-offended gutless liberal wimp.

First, I think the video is hilarious.

But as funny as we think it is, copyright law is still the law. You can't pick and chose which laws you wish to be followed and which ones you don't.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I am assuming it has to do with copyright laws?

You're in support of copyright laws?

^_^

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Obama?

Whataboutism!

So, you want retribution against twitter for “censoring” a copyright infringement, that, when the song was changed in the clip, it remains uncensored......yet when Trump wants retribution for a known skit show’s segment, that’s ok?

Double standards much?

“Oh but Obama...!”

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Toothache

In 8 years they talked about obama exactly 21 times (less than three times per year). Many of those times were not mocking obama and in fact made him out to be "cool." Here's a link to them.

I watched the first six segments featuring an obama "hit" by SNL (as early as 09, as late as 2015).
Here's what happened in them:
1) Obama gave a boring speech
2) Michelle got mad at him for eating a sandwich
3) Obama making fun of boehner, pretending to be his friend
4) Catherine Sebelius explains the obamacare website disaster (no obama in this one)
5) Obama and mitch mcconnell prank call hillary, mitch becomes racist, obama cries
6) Obama makes fun of republicans and turns into a super hero (the rock obama)

But yeah, go ahead and believe they made fun of him all of the time.

Well, here is the difference. Trump is comedy gold, rarely does a day go by where he says doesn't say something stupid, incoherent or tells yuuuge lies. He is constantly embarrassing himself and the office not to mention the country.

That is why he is the subject of many comedy sketches, many opening monologues or jokes, it is just so damn easy and comedians know you do not let his idiocy and buffoonery go to waste, he supplies the best material. LMAO

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I am assuming it has to do with copyright laws?

You're in support of copyright laws?

^_^

That's like the lamest excuse for Trump i have seen in a long time

I thought he was all about the law, turns out he is except when he breaks it

Lame

He just said what was a fact, Trump broke the law to play a song he did not had the right to play at all. What's the problem? Speaking about the fact is just that and nothing else, right?
edit on 18-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join