It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best First Person Shooters ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I really like my xbox

Got my firestick running through my xbox.

Got something else to do than argue on here.

Gonna spread out my new titles.

Gears of War,COD,Doom,The Division,Titan Fall gonna be my next purchases.

My Xbox came with Fallout.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Make sure to get The Division through the Xbox in the sales section of the store.

It's 80% off for the game and all DLC bringing it down to 19 bucks

Xbox

There's the link, but you can just purchase it on the xbox itself so it will just start downloading.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That was too cheap to pass up.

It's downloading.

Gears of War Ultimate is queued.

LOL.
edit on 23-1-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That was too cheap to pass up. It's downloading.

You're in for a treat, it is one of the most gorgeous games I've seen come out in a while.

The story line is very cool, and once you get used to playing around with your load-outs, it gets very interesting.

Cover in that game is your friend, make a habit of constantly finding the next cover while pushing up during combat.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

45 gigs.

It's still downloading.

Right now I'm playing Halo 2.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thoughts on starting The Division for the first time:

The grind to get to level 30 - the cap - can be, well, grindy. Stick with it because in many ways the real meat and potatoes aspects of the game don't even begin until you hit level 30.

If the grind gets too bad, just jump into regional chat and ask to be power leveled. Playing with a higher level player will mean more experience points due to higher level enemies and players who will agree to power level you don't usually expect you to do much other than hide and maybe sneak a pot shot or two in during any given fight.

Survival, I believe, can be accessed immediately and, as previously stated... Highly recommended. Just two caveats.

1) Be prepared to die several times as you get a feel for the game mode. Maybe more than several.
2) Once you've got a hold on it - plan for 1-2 hours of non-stop activity and intensity. There is no pausing so if the need to heed nature arrives, find a safe house and RUN so you can get back in time to make sure that you've got medication going ( Spoiler alert: In the game mode a virus is killing you which then creates a time limit ).

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Ultimade Doom and Doom2
Heretic, Hexen and Quake1

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That’s up to you.
Personally I try to only get physical copies.
I despise the idea of being charged full price for a digital download.

At least with a physical disc I can trade it in after I’m done the game or bored of it.
I know my discs don’t get scratched, because I’m a grown man and take care of my stuff.

But some people buy only digital.

Comes down to what you prefer.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The decision is awsome, like really awesome it was messed up though when it was launched.

I loved it, probably worth grinding through to the end of the ga,e to get ready for the new game.

Who knows the perfect setup could turn into something else we can argue about for hours other than politics

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Absolutely 100% get the Metro games (Metro 2033 Redux / Metro Last Light Redux). They're ******* amazing. The atmosphere and immersion are top-notch. They were both the best single-player fps games I've ever played. They take place in a post-apocalyptic Russia where everyone is forced to live underground in the subway systems and tunnels, with different factions vying for control. A new open-world Metro is about to come out soon, Metro: Exodus, but you definitely need to get the first two.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'll have to repeat what some others said here. BF4 is great. PUBG is fun but frustrating lol. The newest Battlefield, BFV is actually good, just give it time. I was on the fence about that game for a long time but broke down and bought it. It reminds me of the old school Battlefield games. Gears of War is awesome as well. Horde mode ftw.

I can't say that I'd recommend any of the new COD games because they're all garbage. Although the campaigns are not bad from what I've heard. I would definitely get Battlefield and Gears, though. BF1 was not very good in terms of gunplay/gameplay in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Double post..
edit on 23-1-2019 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Let me know your first impressions on The Division once you give it a whirl....

If you can put the controller down haha.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Fortnite for one simple reason.

It is impossible to spawn kill.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I got sidetracked.

Been watching Mortal Engines.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Any of the Metros (enhanced versions)
And Metro:Exodus coming soon

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I don't play a lot of competitive FPS games anymore, but I heard the new Insurgency game is pretty good.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Battlefield 2142.. man they need to remaster that game.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Timesplitters franchise!

With my favorite being TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Dunno if its backwards compatible yet, but its without a doubt one of my favorite series of all time.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Those are old school games now.

But when I had an x-box many many moons ago. Literally it was Halo or Gears of War.

If your going for single player, I would say pretty much any FPS would do. On the multiplayer side, I don't know about now, not even sure what new games are out. But definitely Gears of War was the thing back in the day, and really the only reason I even had a X-box was for that and Halo.

So if you go for Gears of war. Just go for whatever is the newest as that would have the biggest pool of players online.

But outside of competitive # talking online play with people, the single player is fun, but not something that you would play twice. And really that goes for any FPS I have ever played.

I dont play videogames any more, even the new one I bought when it came out Red Dead Redemption, its a kick ass game. But just does nothing for me anymore, and if I were to get into videogames even as a side thing again. It would likely be a game like Anthem, which is coming out next month I think, may be more fun. Simply because it just looks like old school cooperative blow stuff up space marine mindless fun type of game.

But then again, probably not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join