It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobos II

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: peacefulpete

Did you have any examples of nature photos, that you found especially compelling? Especially, examples that resemble straight roads cutting across a landscape?

Yes

you just supplied them.

Instead of looking at 2 photos try looking at more

Just scroll a little down the page and you get straight splits in rocks that cross over each other like intersections.

None of Google's examples resemble a straight road cutting across the landscape, like in the above Mars photos. (Which was obviously what we were talking about.)

The mars video with pics?

To me those straight lines in those images on the video look like image stitching.

you made a very specific statement that has something to do with what you were discussing but you made it very general and said nature doesn't create straight lines Not that nature cannot make straight lines across a landscape.

However, how does a rock rolling down a hill of sand or snow in a straight path not create a straight line in the material its passing through or over?

Straight lines are all over and created by natural events

...Well sure we've all seen splits in rocks that are almost straight... But not really straight... Like if someone went to the Grand Canyon, and if he was talking about "straight lines," sure we'd understand he was referring to rock strata. Which is quite imperfect for straight lines.

...And of course I was talking about the Mars photos with long straight lines, which resemble roads cutting across the landscape.

...And you went from saying that nature DOES make straight lines, to now dismissing the Mars photos' lines as apparently too straight to be real, lol. So you basically contradicted your own conversation about it.

...A rock rolling down a hill is also a pretty weak example of a straight line in nature...

Straight lines are all over and created by natural events

Hmmm if only we could find some examples of that, lol. Especially examples that resemble the huge straight lines in the Mars pics above.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

...And you went from saying that nature DOES make straight lines, to now dismissing the Mars photos' lines as apparently too straight to be real, lol. So you basically contradicted your own conversation about it.

It does

the video of the images you are talking about not pics looks like image stitching.

How is giving my opinion of what they resemble after looking for them and realizing you aren't talking about pics but a video dismissing anything?

Have you actually looked at the images or are just going of a 3 minute you tube video telling you there are straight roads on the ground?

...A rock rolling down a hill is also a pretty weak example of a straight line in nature...

so its an example of a straight line in nature, weak or not.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

It does

the video of the images you are talking about not pics looks like image stitching.

How is giving my opinion of what they resemble after looking for them and realizing you aren't talking about pics but a video dismissing anything?

Have you actually looked at the images or are just going of a 3 minute you tube video telling you there are straight roads on the ground?

so its an example of a straight line in nature, weak or not.

Thank you

Well you obviously knew we were talking about the Mars video that seems to show roads. And I'd love to look at the original photos themselves. Does anyone know if those original pics are available anywhere?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Well you obviously knew we were talking about the Mars video that seems to show roads.

No, are you always this arrogantly ignorant, actually your threads and posts answer all too well

I looked and the only pics were the Phobos monolith being above as you said.

So I thought I would hit play on the video that Labtech added to their post and there they are.

Does anyone know if those original pics are available anywhere?

The video that you assumed I knew you were talking about tells you were the images are from.

Are you OK?

I mean you are really posting like you are having a stroke

you say I contradict myself?

NO I gave an opinion about what the pics looks like after seeing it, after reading your straight line statement.

I will highlight a contradiction

quote it for you

Those "roads" are pretty convincing, since nature don't make straight lines.

and then go on to say this about an example I give

You don't see any contradiction in your own words while claiming I am posting contradiction things?

edit on 21-1-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Ok I looked back at my first post that I mentioned the straight lines on Mars.

In my post, I quoted / embedded the video of the straight lines on Mars, directly above my comments about the straight lines on Mars. So yes, you did know that I was talking about that video.

And then you go on insulting me... based on your own pretending that you didn't know what the conversation was about...

As for the photo of Mars "roads," the video DOES have the NAME of the photo... But it does NOT have a link or web address of WHERE the original photo can be found. Which is why I asked that.

But GOOD NEWS:
I Googled the name of the image, and I found it hosted on a webpage from University of Arizona.

So here is the original pic, in that vid, for anyone who wants to see it:

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

edit on 21-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

In my post, I quoted / embedded the video of the straight lines on Mars, directly above my comments about the straight lines on Mars. So yes, you did know that I was talking about that video.

DO I care ewhat you quoted?

NO

I was addressing "straight lines are not made in nature" hence why I quoted it.

There was no mention of pictures or video other than you googling and looking at images.

I will quote your reply that was right after my post

that got me confused

None of Google's examples resemble a straight road cutting across the landscape, like in the above Mars photos. (Which was obviously what we were talking about.)

Now look at page 2.

what images are there?

2 images, 1 of the Phobos and 1 of the mars "monoliths".

And then you go on insulting me... based on your own pretending that you didn't know what the conversation was about...

You are delusional,

If you take observations as insults then change the way you act and respond, read what you are replying too before you post.

I actually had concerns for you, I asked if you are OK and explained why I am asking because you accuse me of contractions while making theme yourself.

As for the photo of Mars "roads," the video DOES have the NAME of the photo... But it does NOT have a link or web address of WHERE the original photo can be found. Which is why I asked that. But GOOD NEWS: I Googled the name of the image, and I found it hosted on a webpage from University of Arizona.

BRAVO

you are learning how tie your own shoes finally

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, the aliens haven't bugged us lately about it. We've gotten good, clear photos of Phobos and haven't had to fight anybody about it. Maybe they're just waiting to spring their 65 million year old trap.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Re: This link for the high-res photo of Mars "roads," if anyone doesn't see how to use it at first, I'll just explain this quickly (bc it took a few minutes for me to figure it all out on my iMac).

The full high-res image is the download link about halfway down the page:

JP2
Black and white
map-projected (451MB)

So after downloading it, my normal photo-viewing programs wouldn't open it.

So I had to download "HiView" program, on the right-side of the screen.

Then I didn't see how to make it open up the image file at first (because it wouldn't just open up the file name, when typed into HiView). You have to drag & drop the image into HiView's open window.

So now finally I will be zooming into the photo and looking for those roads lol.

My magic mouse won't let me zoom just by the mouse itself, but HiView's side bar works for zooming. There's also the strange quirk that HiView keeps my microphone active to listen for voice-commands, even though I didn't want that, lol. It's kinda cool to be able to tell HiView to "zoom in" and stuff like that.

This is all on Mac so it may be a different experience on another platform.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Awfully sorry about that, beta blockers tend to knock me out so sorry for the late comeback, the address for one of my favorite Mars weirdness pages is this.
marsruins.com...

Once again sorry I should really look at my own posts a bit more often...
Remember the one I think is really cool - in a very tragic way if it is what it appears to be - is about ten images downward.

(I forgot read the web page disclaimer - he is respectful toward the men and woman of NASA but you can't help but read between the lines at what he say's, he has had to put that up so the page is not removed by some over zealous hypocrite or web page hosting service).

Then click on the images that catch your attention.
www.marsruins.com...

(there are any number of reason's that someone would want to hide any evidence, for one if these ruin's on another world were of HUMAN origin then that would prove a pre-existent human civilization and that in that case we would be the descendant's of survivors so out goes the monkey model for humanity and a lot of well respected professors would then appear as nothing but over paid self important clown's.
-
Or if it is of ALIEN origin then the fact that two races could appear separate in time but in the same solar system would 'almost' automatically prove that intelligent life must be very common indeed throughout the rest of the universe.
-
And either of these point's if proved would cause a lot of accepted scientific belief to be brought into question as well as threatening any one scientific or religious that wanted to advance the concept of human exceptionalism.
I would disagree with them on that latter point as to my mind each and every single individual is an exception to the rule, we are sentient being's and it would to my mind prove that higher intelligence exists - which despite it's resistance to such idea's almost all religion already accept's it just stumbles over the idea of alien's in many cases.)

Now to be fair these following pages really do not prove anything but they are interesting.
As you know sometimes we get jpeg artifacts due to compression and data loss which can create strange line's and shapes but what if these are really indicative of something far more?.
keithlaney.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.ancient-code.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks, have you looked at the original photo with the "roads," in that vid that you posted?

I can't say for sure but it does look pretty convincing...

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You might find QGIS useful:

qgis.org...

it's quite good at handling most of the image formats you get form space agencies - it certainly opened that jp2 file. Where are the 'roads'?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I actually did download it but could only find a lower resolution image, it was there but not as clear in the image I downloaded, all depend's on which image archive I assume and some of the US university's have the data in sometime's higher resolution than the images NASA itself hosts to the public so getting it second hand that way is sometime's fruitful.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

qgis.org...

it's quite good at handling most of the image formats you get form space agencies - it certainly opened that jp2 file. Where are the 'roads'?

And how long after were these VERSION's of the images hosted for download - you have heard about cleaning up images before release to the public I assume, of course you have look whom I am talking too.
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

I mean even the image NASA released to try to discredit the whole face on mars controversy was actually PROCESSED three time's before release to the public.
Now isn't it funny how a lot of data vanished off of the net when it come's too close to revealing the truth EH!.

You see you are one of those that fall's back on using LATEST images to try to disprove older Data, fine if you have the original raw data yes then you can BUT only if.
And real time image manipulation algorithms exist that can simply obfuscate such these day's, why develop that in supposedly democratic and free society's unless something stink's.
I mean come on man I am not attacking YOU but we disagree OK.
I mean case in point the MOON.
Is this a rock?.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
Let's zoom in a bit
Oh dear has that BOULDER got three wheel's
Or how about
Nothing to see here folk's just rock's
Let's let a kid with some crayons run over them..
Hang on a moment is that a caterpillar track buried in the Lunar dust and wheel's near to the overturned chassis which is apparently in two pieces after it met it's presumably violent end, and is it near to an overturned lander of some kind,, nothing like our lander's but still stand it back up off it's side and put that missing piece from it's base back were it belongs and it starts to look a bit more interesting.
Only problem is if it is what it SEEM's to be it is awfully old, perhaps as old as those ruins on mars SO you should be asking WHO attacked us and is it really worth your while shutting up inquiry into the matter - the crime scene may be old but the murderer worryingly may still be around here somewhere and what if they decide to finish off the family so as to leave NO witness to there act eh?, think on it.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

qgis.org...

Alright, yawwwwwn, I just poured over that image that was in that video, and which is at the link I posted:

Alright here's the scoop:

1. Unless there is a better link that I'm not seeing, then the highest res version is:

JP2
Black and white
map-projected (451MB)

...Now unfortunately, it's still not crystal clear, if you try to get real close to the surface. Disappointing, and makes me want to just use Google Mars instead of this, lol.

2. The damn roads are not roads, lol. They really are scanlines. It's surprising that NASA would screw up their own image like that, but they did.

I can tell they're scanlines because they're all straight lines that are perfectly parallel to the slanted edges of the image. Plus all the scanlines are running over the full length of the image.

So unless there are some different "roads" in the image, with DIFFERENT traits: Otherwise, the full-length lines, parallel to the edges of the image, are just scanlines.

And I think that's all the roads that are in that video.

Strangely they really do look like part of the geography, in many parts of the image, but it's the overall qualities that prove that.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Oh man, do you plan on joining the rest of the world? The cats out of the bag already.. did your employer forget to send you the memo? You can stop the disinformation/ridicule now.. We all know you.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

They never were roads!

NASA didn't screw anything up - the image was taken in Mars orbit and transmitted over million of miles - it isn't surprising that things aren't perfect. The only scanning was done miles above the Martian surface!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

They never were roads!

NASA didn't screw anything up - the image was taken in Mars orbit and transmitted over million of miles - it isn't surprising that things aren't perfect. The only scanning was done miles above the Martian surface!

Well I'd say that NASA did screw up, since the image looks like roads running across the landscape lol.

The screw-up (or glitch or whatever) is that apparently, the edges of NASA's images are discolored... So then when they combine a few such images, those discolored edges create the "roads" running over the combined image.

So for goodness sake, they should have just cut out those discolored edges, and taken their images in an "overlapped" way so they could photograph the whole landscape, while cutting out those discolored edges, and while also not losing any parts of the landscape.

NASA come the f*ck on lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

So how exactly does the surface matetial feed your furnace

You have some imagination I will say that

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Oh dear has that BOULDER got three wheel's

The real question is have ever seen a wheel.

I guess cartoon wheels that don't need to be actual wheels and just require some sort of roundness then yes, they are certainly "wheels" on that boulder

The most fascinating things about this thread is that its about Phobos 2 and it last pic

yet what being discussed and argued

Roads on mars and rock on Luna?

I guess its all space related and planet and moon related

which in turn means anything can be discussed.

But I guess when someone comes in to a thread and points to answers there is nothing but off topic banter from there on in.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Nature doesn't make straight lines

There ARE Straight Lines and Right Angles in Nature!

Giant Gypsum Crystals look at the people next to those.

As for the video good old 480p on youtube yeah real hi res that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join