It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NASA Destroy The Face On Mars??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Now why have I put this in the Skunk Works forum? Because the notion is as bizarre as it comes! Rather outlandish, to say the least!

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

SkepticOverlord

Having said that, was the face on Mars destroyed on purpose? One of my friends, a high ranking air force officer who pretty much is into Mars mysteries has suggested that the face on Mars was probably destroyed partially in a not so successful attempt by NASA to obliterate any pointers to a civilization on Mars that may have existed in the distant past.

So after a little analysis, here’s what comes up. Have a look at what the face was when it was photographed by Viking in 1976 and the latest images taken by Mars Express.

This is the Viking image..

Courtesy: scitech

And this is the image taken by the Mars Express..

One can keep arguing that Viking’s resolution was nowhere compared to that of the later probes and thus the geological formation looked like a face due to the light and shadow effect.

Now notice the caving-in of the face on the right side. Was it produced by tectonic/volcanic activity? Or was it the result of an attempt to destroy it which only succeeded to some extent? If it was tectonic activity, why was only one side of the face destroyed leaving the other side intact? The height, slope, and geological makeup of both sides are similar. But only one side that shows a pronounced land slip as can be seen in the image below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d6c2d7d4339.jpg[/atsimg]
Pic courtesy: NASA/JPL

And now for the corrected image. If that portion of the land slip is pushed up to where it should have been prior to the slip, this is what turns up…

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ad25f4f01f6.jpg[/atsimg]

Reconstructed, the mesa looks like it probably was a face once upon a time or when the Viking took the photograph!

Was it partially destroyed by a high altitude nuclear device aboard the Mars Observer? Launched by NASA in September 25, 1992 it was to be the first U.S. spacecraft to study Mars since the Viking missions 18 years prior. So they say. Or was it sent for the specific mission for destroying the face? Contact with the spacecraft was lost three days before scheduled orbit insertion and was never re-established. Well, this is what they said happened!

It was speculated that there may have been an explosion in a propellant line during pressurization procedures just before the orbital insertion engine burn. It is believed that hypergolic fuel may have leaked past valves in the system during cruise to Mars, allowing the fuel and oxidizer to combine prematurely before reaching the combustion chamber. The engine was derived from that of an Earth orbital satellite and was not designed to lie dormant for months before being fired.

Now was this massive explosion of the highly volatile hypergolic fuel on board done on purpose to destroy the face? Or could there have been a secret payload of a low yield nuke device on board too? (The pressure wave from a sub kiloton nuclear device at medium altitude could have resulted in the land slide.)

After all, consider the effect of the discovery of a civilization on another planetary body! It would have resulted in far reaching implications – the demise of religion, loss of Vatican power, world economic melt down, panic and the understanding of the origins of life and mainstream science as we know it! So was there too much at stake? The only alternative was to destroy any evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life and thus the destruction of the face which was difficult to keep under wraps for too long!

Crazy? But that’s why it’s in the Skunk Works forum! But hey! Do we know everything that’s going on? There’s probably an ongoing top secret military space program in operation since the 60s. More here:

The Top Secret US Military Space Program. Is The Future Already Here?

There are more things on Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Shakespeare

Cheers!

www.darkmission.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It would appear to me that the culprit is the photoshop cloning stamp. Thats just my opnion anyways. I don't think they would destroy something of such great significance. Just cover it up. To destroy that would be like disassebling stonehenge. Besides who really has an absolute good view of the face anyways? I don't think anything good would come from destroying it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Actually, we cannot come into a conclusion regarding this, because in the first image taken by viking, a majority of the "destroyed" portion lies in the shadow. Wheras, the Mars Express image has equal illumination. So, we can also have an theory that the natural geological activity was less profound during the time viking took the photo and then the activity had a significant effect when Mars Express took the image. So, it appears that the mountain/face is apperaing to cave in from one side. Who knows, the entire mountain would have caved in, when the next image is taken a few decades later by some other mission.

And btw, if NASA wanted to hide the evidence of past life on mars, they would simply not take a photo of the region and say that the lighting conditions were not suitable.

So, what is your opinion on this?

[edit on May 30th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Thanks Mike, great thread dude!

Your present a very good argument, you've really livened up SkunkWorks, I have always been one of those people who noticed quite a difference between the viking image and the later hires images with half the face .. oh I'll just say it.. destroyed! lol - No seriously, I'll reserve judgment and consider it as Possible. Especially considering the implications of such a discovery. But you didn't mention the nearby pyramid or two in Cydonia, please bring that up when the debunkers show up.

Cheers,

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet

Actually, we cannot come into a conclusion regarding this, because in the first image taken by viking, a majority of the "destroyed" portion lies in the shadow. Wheras, the Mars Express image has equal illumination. So, we can also have an theory that the natural geological activity was less profound during the time viking took the photo and then the activity had a significant effect when Mars Express took the image. So, it appears that the mountain/face is apperaing to cave in from one side. Who knows, the entire mountain would have caved in, when the next image is taken a few decades later by some other mission.

And btw, if NASA wanted to hide the evidence of past life on mars, they would simply not take a photo of the region and say that the lighting conditions were not suitable.

I have to agree that it would be much easier too just not snap a shot and give an excuse than to actually destroy it.

Sure military might have the capability to destroy it and NASA never knows and is left out of the loop.

But I think two bigger questions remain.

1. Has that side always been collapsed even when the original pic was taken?

2. Is there any way to actually raise the land mass to show if it might have been a face at one time even if the answer to 1 is yes?

Edit: After looking at it a bit more if you look from the top right to the bottom left it looks like a possible meter strike caused the land mass to slide which could be more plausible as opposed to intentional destruction.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

Ill just try to answer question 1.

Look at the region which i point with the arrow marks in both the images.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caf36866e027.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1a17676fb69.gif[/atsimg]

If you see closely, at the terminator line in the viking image, you will see some evidence of what appears to be an already exising depression/damage, and maybe due to the freeze and thaw cycle over the years, the depression expanded.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It sure looks as though it's caved in. Whether it was done with some type of ordinance or there was some intense seismic disturbance will be hard to find out. It's kind of like the images of the face when I first saw them I was very excited then there were more photos that looked very different plus talk of shadows and manipulation of images. I finally said the heck with it and sent it to the recycle bin. NASA is real good at muddling things up as we all know. At any rate thanks for the post Mike: interesting and good job as usual

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

Ill just try to answer question 1.

Look at the region which i point with the arrow marks in both the images.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caf36866e027.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1a17676fb69.gif[/atsimg]

If you see closely, at the terminator line in the viking image, you will see some evidence of what appears to be an already exising depression/damage, and maybe due to the freeze and thaw cycle over the years, the depression expanded.

Oh nice I never even though of that. There is moisture on mars and that could very well also cause a deformation in the object. To me the newer photo appears slightly different and this could very easily explain why.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
IMO our technology in terms of space photography has improved.
Simple as that.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OK, I'll bite. The entire region of the 'face on Mars' that you are saying was destroyed by NASA in the Mars Express image is in total shadow in the original image taken in 1976. What are you basing this hypothesis on? Do you have a 1976 image that actually shows the right side of the 'face'?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Wow! good catch Peacejet. There's some definite similarities. I like the expanding crack scenario as well. Maybe I'll pull this file out of the recycle bin now!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be easier simply to distort the images public gets to see? Powerful explosion on Mars could be noticed by astronomers. Also other nations have to be part of this operation anyway. So it would be much easier to damage info flow to masses, not origin of information. Especially if it is really ancient non-human civilization, i am sure that guys in NASA would be drooling about plundering it, not nuking it.
Now as for Martian canals and NASA filling it back with sand so public would not suspect - this is different story .....

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
With what did they destroy the 'face'? If 'they' control the information i.e. images, why destroy it? It would be simpler to withhold the images. Why would it need to be destroyed?

Unmasking the Face on Mars

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
With what did they destroy the 'face'? If 'they' control the information i.e. images, why destroy it? It would be simpler to withhold the images. Why would it need to be destroyed?

Just in case...

*Perhaps we did it to get samples, similiar to Edward Teller's idea to nuke the moon and collect samples.

*Off-world nuclear weapons testing perhaps?

(it would get you around the test ban treaty - and in the Face, you have a 'neat' target for before-and-after comparison photos)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Perhaps it was a face and it was also a huge underground base and the caverns collapsed over time. When I first saw the Mars Express image my first thought was that it had collapsed from a cave in of the base that was under the face.

Nothing intentional at all IMHO. It would not be practical to destroy such a place if it might be researched when a manned mission was finally launched.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well, the U.S. of A is not the only country with a Mars program. In ten years time they'd perhaps be half a dozen countries reaching for Mars. Now if that happens and a nice clear unadulterated non-airbrushed image of the face is taken, then that would blow the lid off the greatest kept secret - that ET civilizations are a reality.

It would be a double whammy for NASA. Get socked for hiding such info from the public for the past half a century, and get their butts kicked for using tax payers money to do it!
Cheers!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
IMO our technology in terms of space photography has improved.
Simple as that.

I've read your posts regarding the face before. Its simply not possible. Even what remains in the picture is too much a statistical chance of likeness to be a mistake, especially since this huge sphinx like object is found in cedonia, which has enormous treasures, not of which this would be the least, for actually the crowned face is one of its greatest: herotwins.hypermart.net...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4521737cfbdf.jpg[/atsimg]

When assessing this kind of information you have to add up various supporting and relating bits of info.

I've often wondered if there was deliberate damage down to it, since on marsanomalyresearch.com they discussed some fossil remains of what looks like sea life on the cliffs that the probe just went up to after photographing and destroyed it. Destroyed it! I wonder why they destroyed such incredible evidence on Mars. I can't even fathom it!
I'm going to look around and see if I can find that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Russian Scientists says something here relating to the Crowned Face that I found very interesting:

Then you state: "The great face of Cydonia, a face of one of our best Guide and captain, is an example of what NASA is trying to hide: but even NASA don’t have the smallest idea of what the face is."

In ancient history it is written on Sumerian clay tablets or in the Kolbrin manuscripts that a mountain was carved with the face of a famous ancient astronaut/prince wearing his helmet, and a whole mountain was carved with his face looking out into space from his tomb.

Sumerian. Enki/Enlil Annanuki. Mars. Hmmm........

They destroyed fossil evidence. I wonder who the shadow government serves?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I think that erosion also happens. I also think that with all the square miles of planets that we have imagery of, the chances of recognizable symbols like a face or a heart showing up are pretty high.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
A face, of such beauty and skill of artristry that it would take an enormously talented sculptures to create such as the detailed crowned face? I do portraits, sorry, the chance of the wind and errosion producing such a thing is 0%, nada, not possible in this universe or any other.

Oh this is a nice link while I'm still searching for the evidence I have already read in full of their destroying huge ocean plant fossils on the cliff.

www.mactonnies.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

hey great post!

i do not think your crazy tho! and i feel this doesn't really belong in skunk works, its plausible enough to be in the general conspiracy board.

good work, you got my minds wheels spinning, its an alternative i had never considered before.

thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join