It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump told to ‘resign or be impeached’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Full title: Trump told to ‘resign or be impeached’ if reports he instructed attorney Cohen to lie to congress are proven. Democrats urge Mueller probe to disclose whether it has evidence president told lawyer not to reveal Russia contact. Source

Donald Trump is facing calls to “resign or be impeached”, if reports he instructed his former lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about talks to build a Trump Tower in Moscow can be verified.
The president is under pressure after two law enforcement officials involved in special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian collusion in the 2016 US election claimed to have obtained evidence of possible obstruction. Several Democrats have urged Congress to seek clarification of what information the special counsel may hold on the matter, with one calling for Mr Trump to be removed if the claims, first published by Buzzfeed News, are proven.

California representative Adam Schiff said Congress would “do what’s necessary” to find out if the contents of the report were true.

“The allegation that the President of the United States may have suborned perjury before our committee in an effort to curtail the investigation and cover up his business dealings with Russia is among the most serious to date,” he added. “If Mueller does have multiple sources confirming Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress, then we need to know this ASAP,” he said. “Mueller shouldn't end his inquiry, but it's about time for him to show Congress his cards before it's too late for us to act.

”Sources said the investigation had been able to corroborate Cohen’s assertions using interviews with additional witnesses from inside the Trump Organization, as well as information in internal emails, text messages and other documents.

“This stunning Trump Tower Moscow story establishes a clear case of Obstruction of Justice, a felony. I've lost count now how many times @realDonaldTrump has engaged in Obstruction of Justice,”

So is Trump telling people to break Federal Law and then lie about it to congress and the special prosecutors?

"it's about time for him to show Congress his cards." So congress is telling Mueller to put up or shut up. During Watergate, whe congress asked the DOJ to do the same thing; it was all over for Nixon. It turned out Nixon had told John Ehrlichman to lie to the Attorney General, along with John Dean and John Mitchell. On March 1, 1974, a grand jury in Washington, D.C., indicted several former aides of Nixon, who became known as the "Watergate Seven"—H. R. Haldeman, John Ehrlichman, John N. Mitchell, Charles Colson, Gordon C. Strachan, Robert Mardian, and Kenneth Parkinson—for conspiring to hinder the Watergate investigation. The grand jury secretly named Nixon as an unindicted co-conspirator. By mid-summer Congress recommended impeachment for obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of Congress.wikipedia
The parallels are incredible.
Telling your co-conspirators to lie to the Special Counsel and Congress is sure way into impeachment territory.

Other Sources 0f Trump Directing Michael Cohen’s crimes and lies to congress:

President Donald Trump's former "fixer" Michael Cohen said Thursday that he paid the head of a small technology company thousands in 2015 to rig online polls at "the direction of and for the sole benefit of" Trump.
CNN

Holder: If Trump directing Cohen to lie is true, impeachment proceedings ‘must begin’

The HIll

President Trump personally directed his former attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
washingtonpost

President Donald Trump personally ordered his former attorney and fixer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about a potential real-estate development in Moscow.
U SAtoday

What do you think? Is telling your co-conspirators to lie to congress and the special prosecutor an impeachable offense?

I look forward to a good discussion!

Enjoy all!

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

I'm obviously not a Trump fan but I need more evidence than two unnamed sources. Also, if it comes down to Cohen versus Trump it's all a he said/he said scenario.

But if Cohen actually has this on tape it's a whole different situation.

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I look forward to a good discussion!

Probably not seeing as you sourced the "Four Horsemen of the Ridiculousness "

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm obviously not a Trump fan but I need more evidence than two unnamed sources. Also, if it comes down to Cohen versus Trump it's all a he said/he said scenario.

”Sources said the investigation had been able to corroborate Cohen’s assertions using interviews with additional witnesses from inside the Trump Organization, as well as information in internal emails, text messages and other documents.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

If proven true, the parallels to Watergate are pretty clear. That said, there is a clear difference between the two scenarios. The Dems had control of both the House and Senate in '74. Not only that, they even had the Senate Presidency thanks to Agnew's corruption and subsequent resignation.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Until it comes to public light it's all unnamed sources which I discount.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

To be fair it was ultimately an unnamed source that led to Nixon's resignation.

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

If they had all this info he would have been impeached already. They would also need 2/3 of the Senate. Plus even if he told Cohen to do something that is illegal as his counsel, Cohen should know the law and advise against it and not do it. After all, that's what lawyers are supposed to do.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well, this escalated quickly.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Don't see this as anything that matters. This isn't even a nothing burger, its like a cheese sandwich minus the cheese and bread. Keep chewing on air and maybe you'll all starve to death.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
To be fair it was ultimately an unnamed source that led to Nixon's resignation.

But Nixon was also on tape which is THE source. I need this to become public before I make a determination.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Didn't Cohen plead guilty to lying under oath? Assuming that either of Buzzfeeds sources actually exist (not a given), why should I believe Cohen's claims?

And assuming that these text messages really exist (also not a given) then please release them to the public and I'll make up my own mind what they say.
edit on 18-1-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

www.mediaite.com...

Seems dubious, not unlike other stories the msm has run with only to later retract.
Even npr ran this story this morning with a disclaimer that it was ONLY buzzfeed that had reported this.
Interesting how an unverified story can make the rounds so quickly?
Similar to how yahoo was used in circular reporting to obtain fraudulent fisa warrants?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Take it easy on him, that was probably the source used on Facebook where he found it.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Full title: Trump told to ‘resign or be impeached’ if reports he instructed attorney Cohen to lie to congress are proven. Democrats urge Mueller probe to disclose whether it has evidence president told lawyer not to reveal Russia contact

So why not fix the title so that it DOESN'T imply it's actually being done?
(and not still in the process of being proven)

This is a newer discussion that blew up on Twitter here is another source it came from buzzfeed

link

edit on 18-1-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you still not tired of all the BS pushed in weak and feeble attempts to end Trump's presidency? I mean, seriously bub, if they can't find anything after more than 2 years of investigations in the 21st Century, the age of technology, do you really think there's something there?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

cohen was not one of the sources.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I love it when people rip me for using Gateway Pundit as a source, but then they turn around and cite someone like Buzzfeed, which has been caught pushing phony stories before.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The problem is the Trump Tower proposal happened waaay before Trump decided to run for POTUS.

A week is a year in politics, as they say and he can't get impeached for what transpired before his inauguration or campaign. Criminal charges prior to his campaign? sure but if he was caught in the act during the campaign? impeachment.

I might be wrong-hell I probably am-but If he did do anything after that, i'm guessing he will be removed and jailed not impeached (is there a difference?) I dunno, my law textbook is 20 years out of date. Either way IF he is found guilty of any foul play-past or present-he will lose the presidency.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Don't forget that BuzzFeed also was the only media source that would run with the dossier too that led to the Mueller witchhunt.

Don't tell me that they're no trying the same old tactic with more unnamed, unsubstantiated stuff to try to kick that can down the road some more and keep this show going?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join