It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever see a guy get vaporized?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
He wasn't vaporized but for his sake I kinda hope he died instantly.
was this in the US?
The background greenery looks tropical like palm trees.

i dont think it was the US

i am by no means an authority.
we have snopes and we have a few members in here saying not real.

100% possible. i was sketch on it too.

but personally i am going to believe the doc.

as soon as he saw it he started going on about the different types of whatever and when you mix it it is HFs1s7 or some damn thing.

way over my head. i just know the doc is legit.

he said totally possible and the major factor would be that it was a mist of it and he breathed it in and it got in his eyes.

shame on me if wrong but im going with the doc but i reserve the right to change my mind.

doc is about 300 and getting a little foggy. talks gibberish from time to time so thats a factor

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If there was an acid this aggressive it would not be in a metal (even teflon lined) tanker being transported for commercial/industrial operations/processing. An acid that can eat one's enemies within a few seconds would be in the hands of the military and only the military. I call BS and fake as hell.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Holy crap that was nuts.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

If there was an acid this aggressive it would not be in a metal (even teflon lined) tanker being transported for commercial/industrial operations/processing. An acid that can eat one's enemies within a few seconds would be in the hands of the military and only the military. I call BS and fake as hell.

Cheers - Dave

could be fake as hell
for sure

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Cheers - Dave

could be fake as hell
for sure

I'm starting to lean more to it being real.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If it was hydroflouric acid, he would have dissolved from the outside in and would probably have reacted (jumped away) faster as he was being burned. There would probably also be more steam from the heat of reaction. Also, it would have reacted with the tank's metal surface, too.

The video shows the guy crouching and when whatever sprays out, he stands up and his head appears to touch an overhead high tension wire, which causes the flash. He then falls backwards, his feet knocking the plastic bucket off the top of the tank.

He didn't vaporize.

edit on 16/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Cheers - Dave

could be fake as hell
for sure

I'm starting to lean more to it being real.

me too

i was on the fence till i talked to the doc

im leaning towards real
but i dont know anything
edit on 16-1-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If it was hydroflouric acid, he would have dissolved from the outside in and would probably have reacted (jumped away) faster as he was being burned. There would probably also be more steam from the heat of reaction. Also, it would have reacted with the tank's metal surface, too.

The video shows the guy crouching and when whatever sprays out, he stands up and his head appears to touch an overhead high tension wire, which causes the flash. He then falls backwards, his feet knocking the plastic bucket off the top of the tank.

He didn't vaporize.

looks like he did

does the concentration or amount of pressure have anything to do with it?
temp?
like if it was 10% hydroflouride and 90% whatever?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

This is an Electrocution; his head hit the HIGH powered line overhead as he stood. The gas was vaping but that was in the foreground. Snopes may have it wrong on this.

Edit: he didn't disappear. He fell backwards between the tracks on the tanker.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

This is an Electricution; his head hit the HIGH powered line overhead as he stood. The gas was vaping but that was in the foreground. Snopes may have it wrong on this.

so maybe a high voltage plus high pressure acid mist to the face = vaporized or atomized or some other kind of ized?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Similar incident killed 5 in S. Korea...

Not the same chemical (Anhydrous hydrofluoric acid (AHF)) and no one vaporized but the men in the video were dead within 10 min.

More than six weeks after eight tonnes of hydrofluoric acid was accidentally released at a chemical plant in South Korea, many of the thousands of local residents who fled the area at the time have reportedly not yet returned to their homes despite assurances from authorities that the area is now safe.

The highly toxic hydrofluoric acid was released on 27 September at the Hube Global chemical plant in Gumi, about 200km from Seoul. The leak killed five workers at the plant and severely injured at least 18 others, including workers and emergency personnel. The plant is reportedly still idle after the accident with no date yet set for resuming operations.

Hydrofluoric acid is used to produce chemical precursors for the pharmaceutical industry and has other industrial applications. Highly corrosive and an acute poison, exposure can cause death and serious damage to the skin, lungs, heart, bones and nervous system.

Initial press reports at the time of the accident said more than 3000 people in villages and farms downwind of the accident inhaled fumes and required emergency treatment for health complaints, including nausea, chest pain, rashes and sore eyes. The accident also contaminated crops and sickened livestock. Around 80 other firms in the area were affected, with damages estimated at more than $20 million (£12.5 million).

Questions remain after huge hydrofluoric acid leak

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Look at the video closer. There is no pressure in that tank. He opens the hatch several seconds before there is a spray from the right side of the tanker. My guess is the guy that comes running around the back was spraying from a hose. Probably water. Not sure about the possibility of his head touching the power lines. The video is not clear enough for that.
edit on 16-1-2019 by HummaKavula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My vote, got doused with some flammable mist and then electrocuted when contacting the above power line, which sparked the flames and no, not vaporized (which is hard to do to 150 lbs of meat) but fell off the walkway onto the back of the truck.

So everyone is sorta correct and poor guy! But at least it was fast.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He didn't vaporize. He just fell backwards out of view and knocked that jug of the tank.

Edit: His hair did burn right off.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Agreed, Snopes has been known to be wrong before...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm in Zimbabwe and all social media is on shut down. I've never missed youtube so much 😞

Eta: I mean in general, not because I can't watch this video, I'm not that sick.

My w-bank a pretty healthy atm! 😁👌🏻
edit on 16-1-2019 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
if the dude fell of the tanker to the far side out of frame why did the other dude run to the near side and look for him?

looks like thats what he did anyway

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Where are the respiratory masks and eye protection. 🤔🤔
Damn😑

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Seems like he was trying to steal gas (or whatever it was) from the tanker, then got himself electrocuted.

I didn't see anyone "vaporize".

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
If you want to see some real messed up stuff go to bestgore.com. It might give you nightmares. Everything from beheadings to work place accidents to car accidents.

No thanks. Lost my internet virginity on rotten dot com.

Still haven't recovered from the things seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join